Veeky Forums トヨタ

Toyota General
>these badboys edition

>Should Veeky Forums allow Daihatsu cars on the montage?
strawpoll.me/13281079

>List of Toyota model codes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_model_codes

Sister Honda thread
Zeemaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2352609

Bump the thread if it's at page 7

Vids:
>4A-GE ITBs
youtube.com/watch?v=zRH_ct0J4JA

>2000 Solara
youtube.com/watch?v=mS28NX4UGe0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hx6Ywr10LPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

Should I sell my poor supra and buy this? 4k Canadian, apparently no rust and running.

Car is freshly painted and I've got new trim on it (just no trim picture yet)

I know I want to do the window trim at least in black, what do you guys think about the hatch and bumpers?

post ad

I think the car would look better with black bumpers. Hatch windows can be tinted but I don't recommend a black hatch, it'll look ricey.

By hatch I mean just this part, no glass.

I at least want the decal back, think it's more trouble to find another painter vs just applying dip in the meantime?

Tomorrow ill post my sc300 for the collage, I have moved from /hg/ to Veeky Forums. Prelude to 99k mi 5 speed sc300

haha long boy

but congrats dude, manual ones are rare

You can get the decal back that's no problem. The car will look tacky if the hatch is black so leave the color alone.

>not being in both collages
At least you got an upgrade

so if i take pics of my camry with a pizza on hood i can into collage?

Yes

just as long as its a pizza with pineapple on it

does anyone know where to get a good transmission for a late 90s corolla? i figure a shop where you trade your old tranny + money for a refurbished one wont have a lot of corolla transmissions laying about

pressed the wrong button...

1986 AE82 Twin Cam Seca
Bought it for $600AUD
Front lip is a rear bumper off an 87 AE82 cut up and narrowed 2 inches in the centre then screwed upside down to the front of the stock front bumper (struts are to stop it ripping off when my father decided to drive up steep driveways without slowing down...)

How many KM?
If it needs timing belt, clutch and ball joints it could be another 4k+
Clutch job especially, absolute cheapest ive been quoted was 1500$ in labor.

The front suspension components are extremely expensive also, around 2k

If its got more then 140k and the seller doesnt mention anything, count on one or more being an issue

u-pull-it wreckers... usually have lots of 90's era rollas laying around.

only thing is you take the risk of it being fucked but if you get a good one itll be cheap as chips.

wouldnt they all be mostly fucked from sitting outside for years? how about getting the tranny out in the middle of a wrecking yard?

Most salvage yards dont have vehicles sitting out for long before they're scrapped, and provide hoists.
Find a vehicle with body damage to rule out mechanical issues.

The local pick n pull sells transmissions for 130$

I just bought a 1988 AE92 sedan, burns coolant at idle for some reason but not revved.

last time I talked to my dad he was telling me about how when he goes and drives my car to keep it running while I'm gone sometimes my uncle will join him with his tuned lancer eVo and they just hoon around their retirement city having fun.

I just wanna drive it im stuck with a shitty dodge Dakota in the desert that has basically no suspension because it's been abused for the last decade.

;-;

He can't take a decent picture without it looking like he's having a seizure apparently

im going to go look at an Lexus is300 tomorrow, does anyone have experience with these cars? like what should i look and feel for when driving?

That's pretty creative for a lip

>getting car cucked by your dad
Jej

The usual rust, front suspension, oil leaking around anything in the engine bay. Is it auto or manual? If auto the shift from first to second is usually a bit rough but that's normal. I don't have any experience with manuals. Post the ad if you have it?

neat, will do later this afternoon
gross

its that silly auto/manual button shifter transmission, ill watch for that. The sellers has receipts from replacements done on the engine at 160k. Timing belt, Water pump and Rear main Seal and valve cover gasket.
What's the deal with the front suspension?

Yo! Nab that sportcross man! I've got the red one in the collage. Def check the front and rear suspension then. Since the wagon shares the same components as the sedan but is ~150-200lbs heavier the shocks get worn a bit faster. As for the silly buttons, they can be kinda fun. I use them from time to time

Well if everything checks out in the drive tomorrow ill buy it same day.
Anything other than the suspension then? also how rare are these sportcross, i've only seen one in person and happened to come across this one while looking for wagons on craigslist

Also the sportcross looks like completely different cars in each of the colors, your red looks amazing

Uh only other thing I can think of is that the dash can get a bit melty but that's an is300 problem as a whole. Around 29k were made over the course of 5 years and I think ~3k made it to the states so it's pretty uncommon to see. I think I came across those numbers from a clublexus post. It can, then, be a problem to source body parts. Everything from the B pillar back I think is unique to the wagon body

Nothing new, so I'll just post a recent pic.

Have you ever been in that situation when your car works just fine, and probably will for many years with minimum maintenance, but you still feel the need to do this and that?

So far I planned :

- having both bumpers repainted, plus some minor dents
- new supensions front and rear, the stock ones are a bit bouncy, they're not fucked, but they've seen some shit
- cat delete, to gain a few HP
- maybe a CAI, just for the intake sound

That's at least 500-600€ right there, but I don't need it, it's just because I want this car to be as clean as possible, even if it's "just" a Corolla.

Can't come up with any good ideas on what to get for my personalized plates for my cressy...

Sick Aunt

see
my transmission is fine just 1st and 2nd synchros are worn

Do it

Trojan

Looking at buying a cheap 83 Supra with 250k miles. What horrors do I have to look forward to with it most likely?

Working on it, finding parts, electrical gremlins

>We all go out for father's day
>On our way back, he's following my 86 in his Astro.
>Do a lil burnout at the lights in front of him
>Oversteer on empty intersections
>Drop off sister
>He follows me and gets out of his truck and tells me to step out of the car sternly.
>O-okay
>He jumps in and goes for a rip around a few blocks while I'm standing there.
>[High strung engine sound intensifies around the naghboorhood]
>Comes back and locks my non ABS brakes.
>Gets out and tells me about how he bliped the throttle before upshifting. (Not neccessary, I have a shortshifter).
>Tells me how stiff it was
>Tells me to be careful and we go our seperate ways

He called me back a few minutes later, telling me to take care of it and since it was an antique, that I should not push it so hard.
He always thought it was a shitbox and always told me to sell it until he actually drove it and now loves it.

Also, to the user with the AW11 I'm supposed to meet a week from now at Cypress at 12AM, we still on? you were replying with an expired Craigslist account.

and then everyone on the train clapped

N-Nani?

>Also, to the user with the AW11 I'm supposed to meet a week from now at Cypress at 12AM, we still on? you were replying with an expired Craigslist account.

Come to think of it, this sounds alittle sketchy, you kept telling me to come alone.

I'll come but not with my car and I'll be incognito until I see ya AW11.

stickers arrived
i reckon they look better than the stock ones to be honest

Sameanon back, are there 18s that look as good s the oem wheels?

C50-52 transmissions can be pretty hard to come by, depending on where you live. Where I live, the pakis exported the shit out of the AE101s, which means that they're very rare in junkyards, your best bet, in that case, is to buy a donor car.

Another idea is to buy the rebuild kit on ebay, and do it yourself, if you can afford to keep it garaged for a while. Having that done in a shop can be expensive.

That is a stunning blue

its certainly grown on me. I still love the white ones tho.

Meh the don't doesn't do it for me

Font*

>just a corolla
its a fucking meme

I bought the sportcross boys

>potato quality photo from a potato quality phone
Don't worry tho, i have an actual camera i'll use on the car

Can't believe its been 5 years since I got it.

This is the SC I bought for 4k

Hopefully it lasts as long as (congratz btw)

I'm wanting to get more power out of my 2AZ-FE Camry without sacrificing daily drivability.

Selling it for one with the V6 just doesn't make sense as ones with decent mileage on them are expensive as shit.

Should I turbo it with a conservative amount of boost? It shares the Scion TC's aftermarket since both use the same engine.

i love those things.
Autotragic?
Planning a 2jz swap?
Gonna buy Soarer badges?

what should I get if I want a Subaru wrx type car but from Toyota? Needs to be awd

Doesn't exist

>awd wrx but 1zzfe powered

daammnn boy, I have some TRD springs for sale if you're interested

how much.

I don't know shit about cars. I can change oil and batteries and that's about it. Should I get a Mk2 Supra?

How much more power? Typically, factory internals can hold up to 7lbs of boost

If you're willing to do more than what you can do, go ahead

Matrix AWD closest I can think of

I saw only one ratty set in the UK for like $400, I'll probably let my set go for like $300 honestly. they're absurdly rare and highly sought after

here's how they sit on
>17s
>15s
>16s

how easy are they to install, and how usable in daily drivers?

pretty easy, just like any other spring and strut setup. mr2 TRD springs are known to be extremely good on handling (paired with koni yellow adjustables usually) while being a lot more comfortable than coilovers for a daily

So, I'm about to tear into the 20r in my 78 celica this weekend. Started rod knocking due to oil starvation. I have a fully rebuilt shortblock, does Veeky Forums think the cylinder head will be fine? Had 81k miles on it. I want to just swap everything from one block to the other and drop it back in and get back to getting hectic enough to throw the chrome lips off the steelies since I only have the one left and I want to finish the job.

200-250hp seems reasonable

do i need any other parts or do i replace them with my OEM ones. Do you think i would scrape driveways and speed bumps in a 91' (TRD = 1.75 lower in pre 92 rather than 1")

nah you'll be fine, especially with that 91 lip. mine is also a 91 and I had no clearance problems. wheel gap was minimized pretty tastefully imo too

can i just change springs or should i do something else

tfw my cressida is being painted rn and i ordered new tail lights and chin spoiler

block text looks better than comic sans tho

>If you're willing to do more than what you can do, go ahead
Can you elaborate on this a little bit?

May I have permission to add my shit-ass Lex to the op image?

user, anyone can join the op image, just follow the process it says, once i clean up my sportcross ill be adding it for sure.

Say, if someone ran the oil out of a 4AGE in an 86 MR2 5k miles into a rebuild and it needed to rebuild it again, about what in USD would be the going rate? Asking for me lol. Previous owner goofed and I got a deal. I got 2200 cash on hand and that's probably enough but I'm not sure and I don't want to call around for quotes if I have to save up a few more weeks

>if someone ran the oil out of a 4AGE in an 86 MR2 5k miles into a rebuild and it needed to rebuild it again
run away man

Buy a different motor

the bearing races could be fucked

Do you work on Toyotas for a living, by chance?

That's what I was thinking, if it died that fast it was probably poorly sealed with a cheap kit. A rebuilt long block plus a reman cylinder head should be 1200 and under, arp studs and a trd head gasket wouldn't be more than 300 so I would expect replacement to be a similar price. I just want it on the road desu
No I wish, I don't have the facilities or experience to do a project like this. I'm good for alot but not engine out stuff on a car like this.

Nah the rest of the car is great with 10k in receipts, rebuilt C50 with new LSD, new struts and bushings, new clutch/flywheel, new exhaust, new stainless brake lines, even fresh paint. All it needs is a motor, one of those deals where I save money ey and five years of work finishing another dudes project. It runs, it just makes terrible valve train noises and I know better than to just drive it on down the road like that

I've looked into this more and more lately as I have the tC

Seems like the safe amount Of boost most people do with that engine is around 6psi, after hat it starts to wear on the internals too much. Dezod makes a pretty reliable turbo for the engine, in thinking I might buy from them.

Most people with tC's usually see around 250-260hp with a turbo and 6psi, add on an intake exhaust and header and you'll get a bit higher.

I've thought about it but I'm having a hard time justifying the 5-7k that it wold cost instead of using that and saving that as a down payment on something faster without a turbo

Manual with lsd, 99k with full service
Going to turbo the 2j when the w58 blows 3rd

Can I put an LS1 in a supra? Mkii or mkiii, I really just want to drive a Japanese car, but also, I want a American v8... 1uz is just not as good, or as used. So why not a Japanese car powered by American v8?

Will I get in trouble though? Feels wrong

People sometimes put in ls, but the 1uz is usually the choice as more available and you just slap a w58 on it for fun.

What is your opinions on the Toyota crown jzs171? The auto transmission is a bit of a problem for me, how hard is it to do the manual swap?

I know, the 1uz is supposedly just a bellhousing away from giving me a japanese v8.

I might keep thinking about the 1uz, but to my eye it seems the ls1 will give me power, torque, reliability, and bolt ons, while being lighter and smaller and maybe even cheaper... It's hard to keep it all toyota when you can gain so much all at once

youtube.com/watch?v=hx6Ywr10LPA

Nice digits.
Go with what your heart tells you to, but if you ask me, I'd go with the 1UZ all day because of my own autism.
>Engine swaps must stay in the family
>Paint codes must stay in the family
>Wheels have to be period correct and no larger than 2in over OE diameter