Does chevy even make a more powerful V8? I looked into it but I couldn't find one

Does chevy even make a more powerful V8? I looked into it but I couldn't find one

>this could've been part of the new GT's specs
fucky mcfuckfuck.

No but Dodge shits all over that

Yea, except this engine weighs 600 lbs. the goal was being lightweight retard

>114 hp/L
sad

Laferrari has a V12 which likely weighs a lot more than the V6. still shits on the new GT. more reliable fuel efficient power nullifies the extra weight. Coyote weighs less than this and more than ecoboost and still would've been a better option than pootboost.

So a bout the same as a big block Chevy? Which is capable of way the fuck more power? Nice Ford... Nice. Someday maybe.

>la Ferrari
not production. sperg more

>coyote weighs more than Ecoboost
which is why ford didn't use it dumbass. holy shit you are stupid

The ecoboost in the GT weighs 400 lbs.
>way more power
unreliable and too big for le mans entry. nice try gm. maybe someday.

>not production
It is.
>coyote weighs more than Ecoboost
So does the V12 in the Faster LaFerrari.
>which is why ford didn't use it
No, they didn't use it because current power restrictions. if it were racing against a C5R for example it wouldn't matter if it weighed less it'd still get its shit kicked in.

>it is
nope
>faster laferrari
not production
>power restrictions
No, because of displacement restrictions. You are fucking retarded.
>c5r
Slower than the c7 and gt

>a c5r would beat a ecoboost gt
LMAO GM KEKS LITERALLY THIS RETARDED

yep lol

>nope
yep.
>No, because of displacement restrictions
There are power restrictions limiting GTLM cars to 500 HP too. do you not know how to use google you dumb anonymous nigger?
>Slower than the c7 and gt
no it isn't.

The Maclaren F1 used a GM big block for testing. The car was too fast with it and the queers at lemans banned it.

>ETERNALLY KEKED BY GM LIKE MOST

>yep
nope
>power restrictions
what does that have to do with anything? Oh, right. It doesn't. They didn't use a b8 because of displacement restrictions. Look it up dumbass.
>no, it isn't
and yet gm has never beaten the ecoboost gt at le mans. LOL

>BIG BLOCK
I love it when autistic Americans use truck engines in their shitty slow "performance" cars.

*v8

Umm, mclaren paired a big block up to the their Trans only to test the trans strength
It never ever ran at le mans?

>Gm cucks literally this retarded

>nope
yep

>what does that have to do with anything?
More power is the whole fucking point of the engine? lets say displacement restrictions didn't exist. it would be pointless if they were still limited to 500 HP. power restrictions are increased more powerful and fuel efficient engines can be used. increasing displacement restrictions alone won't do anything if they can't make more power regardless.

>and yet gm has never beaten the ecoboost gt at le mans. LOL
Because its not racing.

>yep
nope

>let's say replacement restrictions didn't exist
LOL, gm fangirls stuck in an alternative reality.

>blah blah blah blah
something something

>more damage control
lol gm hasn't beaten a v6 at le mans before. LOL

>slow

Daily reminder that this is powered by a truck engine and is faster than the Radical R.

>muh displacement fag literally admits that with a set power level a lower displacement engine is preferable
Top kek

not production and slower than a gtr nismo. LOL

>radical r
nope. that time was set in the rain
this post will cause a massive trigger

Slower than a street legal production spec r35 gtr

GMKEKS ETERNALLY BTFO

why does america need so much displacement to make hp?

>Does chevy even make a more powerful V8?
Yes, it's N/A too

not production. sperg more

>nope
yep
>lol gm hasn't beaten a v6 at le mans before
there were no V6s racing during the C5R/C6R days.

>muh displacement fag
the argument isn't about displacement. its about modular series>ecoboost.
>admits that with a set power level a lower displacement engine is preferable
Yea, that's my argument. that they use ecoboost because of the restrictions not because it was better.

>Japan needs a $250k high tech car to compete with a V8 gokart designed not to turn

why make a high compression motor for drag racing applications? a turbo'd sbc out of an old 3rd gen will put out more power than this. they have to know people will need to FI this thing, which will include new lower compression heads. unless im missing something.

>Yes that's my argument
Then you are literally saying the ecoboost is better than the Coyote

>bbbut muh alternate reality
Stay grounded, and stay btfo!

>Then you are literally saying the ecoboost is better than the Coyote
nope. that's like saying OHV is better than OHC and referencing top fuel dragsters which supposedly banned OHC.

basically "better" by process of elimination. also reminder no ecoboost runs 5s or has gotten near 300mph

>turbos

Wow, no fucking shit. Here's 171hp/L since you think that matters for some reason.

>Muh goal posts

>Gm cuck has finally gone full retard
Lmao

What a fucking shitbox. 662hp from a nearly 6l engine. The average 3l engine in Europe/Japan does that

the motor in the op is supercharged..

>>Gm
>arguing for ford's best engine

sperg more
yep. lol pushcuck won't even mention pushshit anymore. gm fangirls BTFO

Why does Europe need a boat anchor of a engine to make 6.2 truck engine with $2k from Jegs power?

>forced induction

Best V8 coming through

do you have a link? couldnt find any 600hp 6.2L engines on jegs for under 10k

A stock truck engine with $2k into it...

This is pathetic..

ah so we're talking modified engines. guess how much more power a modified twin turbo rs7 is putting out?

hint: 800hp and 900 ft lbs with just downpipes.

now guess how much power they put out with turbo upgrades?

hint: a lot more.

>That specific output

Very impressive considering its a big v8.

I wonder about the reliability of this engine daily revving to 8k rpms.

Throw twin turbskies on a big block and you couldn't make that little power with the wastegates open. procucktion DOHC's will never compete with pushrod engines in racing that's relevant.

rs7s are putting out 1000 awhp on stock block and transmission with bolt ons. twin turboing an NA motor is an insane amount of work and now we're just getting into full on engine builds which is way beyond this topic of discussion.

>in racing thats relevant
Like top fuel Or Nas car where ohc is prohibited by the rules? Or like wtac where literally anything goes (excluding tires)? Because in wtac everything is dominated by ohc, even the cars with pushrod v8 swaps get blown out by non swapped counterparts

>havent been on Veeky Forums in years
>decide to take a look
>hp/l boogeyman, eurokeks, 'lol thats nothing, a modded xxx from xx years ago beats it for 1/x the price, ford owners

its even worse than i remember
see you in another five years

Yep, no mods will do that to a board.

>american engineers are so shit they're still stuck in the 1970's.

why is it that the majority of the car community and literally every car company asides from GM knows that double wishbone suspension and ohc is better in every way, yet engineers making 200k a year at GM can't figure this out?

This is why I'd never buy a GM product

The Chevy big block debuted in the Impala though

The engineers are paid 200k a year instead of 50k because they are kike enough to keep using old technology

1000whp is literally junkyard ls block and ebay turbo territory. Don't even try. There are women who can build na or turbo'd pushrod engines.
You're more than welcome to build a dohc top fuel dragster and race against yourself or somebody else if they build one. Nobody does it though because it's a stupid idea and wouldn't compete with the 50 year old hemi's.

Those engineers are making a $70k grocery getters compete with $300k supercars... Maybe the people dumping billions into supercars that get outperformed by 50 year old technology need to go back to the drawing board.

>114 hp/L SUPERCHARGED

lmfao the Honda f20c engine makes 120hp/L naturally aspirated

>built in only one submodel
>dealers could not keep up with the repairs

To be fair, that engine actually makes torque which the honda does not.

>bolt ons

>the engine actually makes torque
so does the Honda, otherwise it wouldn't have 240 hp.
Horsepower = (torque x RPM) / 5252

You can't have horsepower without torque, the Honda's torque just doesn't appear until further up in the rpms which isn't a problem because gears

while this engine does get me hot and bothered, it's a shame it won't be available in anything or even as a crate option through FRP.

You can get a 670HP supercharger for the base Coyote engine through FRP which comes with a warranty.

Who wants to pay nine grand? 7k for the supercharger, and another 2 for the dealer to install it.

>the average 3l engine in Europe/Japan does that

List 5 Euro or Japanese production engines with factory warranties that can be bought out of a showroom and make more than 600 hp.

You get more power than a Camaro ZL1 or a Ferrari 488 with a Ford warranty on it for 9k installed. That's still under 50k on top of a Mustang GT.

Microsoft would like to be heterosexual

>114HP/L
>147Nm/L

My 2.3 does 320HP/546Nm
>139HP/L
>237Nm/L

Are USA even trying?

How about figures that matter?

>662HP
>320HP
>your car makes less than half

You aren't trying

Figures that matter are power per liter because that's what separates a good engine for a oversized piece of shit that only cost money due to engine size tax.

>engine tax

Yeah, as I expected. In some countries you don't have to pay for bullshit like this.

>some
Good*

It's heavy and heat soaks like a bitch, you don't want either of those things on a track

How much horsepower do you need to make with this engine to break it in half like a pinata?

It's modular-based, so all of it, I guess.
Or just 10psi because it's highstrung as fuck.

Plenty of Modulars (and modular-based engines like the Triton/Coyote) make over 2000HP. The worlds fastest standing mile was achieved with a modified Ford GT making 2500HP. On stock internals? Not sure. Ford Racing sells 670HP superchargers for the 5.0L with a 3 year/36k mile warranty, so they're pretty confident with that.

Never said it had to be production

sperg more cuck

Top Fuel then.

We prefer to make power N/A, starting at 3k rpm.

>@ 6k Rpm

LMAO @ ur lyfe.