Someone near me is selling these LS tri y headers for $50 with cats

someone near me is selling these LS tri y headers for $50 with cats
>as you see they are rusty and have 1 large dent in the second tube
not sure on size I'm trying to figure that out
I'm pretty tight with money at the moment, I cant really consider good headers, its either these or keep it stock and I know the stock manifold is very restrictive

car is a VZ SS Holden ute with a 6.0ltr L98 (essentially an LS2)
I'd probably end up getting someone to install them for me for a cash job of $100-$150 unless I can find a mate to help me

I also am looking to move to the US in about a year, so I dont want to play the "just wait 6 months until you can afford it"

note: if I had money/wasnt planning on selling the car, yeah I wouldnt go with these

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/131932112303
ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-COMMODORE-VT-VX-VU-VY-VZ-5-7LT-6-0LT-V8-PACEMAKER-EXTRACTORS-CATS-/172412632224?epid=1460438181&hash=item282497fca0:g:fv0AAOSwiQ9ZU0R5
youtube.com/watch?v=azPKIjxmmdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

to note, he has both sides with cats, he just has all in separate photos

Looks like garbage to me

God what the fuck. Just ask yourself if you really want those on your car.

to be fair my stock manifold looks the same minus the dents

>absolute cheapest headers on ebay from china that dont come with cats and would need to be welded $300
ebay.com.au/itm/131932112303

actual decent headers $1200 with cats
ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-COMMODORE-VT-VX-VU-VY-VZ-5-7LT-6-0LT-V8-PACEMAKER-EXTRACTORS-CATS-/172412632224?epid=1460438181&hash=item282497fca0:g:fv0AAOSwiQ9ZU0R5

bump for more opinions
I'm going to look in a couple of hours

what's the minimum tube diameter I should go?

Your L98 isn't an LS2, stop calling it one. that said, do buy them. They will make your car loud as fuck. Shit will be so cash. They aren't too hard to fit you could do it yourself

open header or bust cunt

Dude. Two cylinders are crushed. Those are only worth scrap value.

If you're tight on cash why on earth are you buying headers you dumb nigger? Just keep it stock.

Op don't worry. They will perform absolutely fine. Buy them. They're cheap. But try install them yourself.

Forgot to link evidence.

youtube.com/watch?v=azPKIjxmmdU

Lol went to buy them
"Nah m8 the cats are $50 each"
Put a tape measure to the pipes
>1 1/4"
Decided to leave them as the l98 manifold cats dont bolt up like the LS1 cats and I couldn't be assed with manufacturing pipe to delete the cats and worry about the collosal fine that it

Bent ,dented rusted to fuck headers

But but they are tri-y..

Just get some cheap Texas speed headers if you really want some.

>move to the US in about a year
There are cheaper ways to completely fuck up your car before you leave.

>as you see they are rusty and have 1 large dent in the second tube
Take care of the rust and paint them. Pop that dent out if you're really worried about it.
>car is a VZ SS Holden ute with a 6.0ltr L98 (essentially an LS2)
No, it's essentially an ls3 minus 12ci, you have rectangular port heads, don't sell yourself short.
>I'd probably end up getting someone to install them for me for a cash job of $100-$150 unless I can find a mate to help me
You can do it yourself, but I understand, it's much nicer to not do it all by yourself.
>I also am looking to move to the US in about a year, so I dont want to play the "just wait 6 months until you can afford it"
Where you moving to?

These are garbage, not even worth free unless you recycle metals in your spare time.

>I dont have money
>im going to spend money on something that isnt what I want

>essentially an LS3
huh nice, can you give me a quick rundown of why they are closer to an LS3 than an LS2? Im interested
Im moving to California, LA to be exact, as my father is a dual citizen now...still takes close to 2 years for my residency paperwork though :/

But as I said here
Dude was dodgy as fuck so I didnt buy them

Upper end. The heads are ls3 style as is the intake (rectangle port) rather then ls2 style (cathedral port). I'm over in the us so our combos are a bit different, I have done a bit of studying of the l98 because of the 6.0/rectangle port combo and people don't know how to cam them over here. aus tuners don't seem to have this problem as its actually a combo from the factory over there.
Basically, assuming close ci, the heads determine what family the engine is closest to as the heads and intake are the most different-from-each-other parts of the engine families. There are other small differences (location of knock sensors, injectors, crank reluctors, camshaft specs and drive ends, displacements, etc) in the engines but for the most part they're (for example) cammed depending on the head.

Mackenzie?

I'd say buy them surface rust does not matter you could paint em black with a rattle can and engine masters on motor trend proved that dents dont affect performance.