As far as ride quality alone is concerned what is the best car you have been in?

As far as ride quality alone is concerned what is the best car you have been in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2v1CF_fY4nE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

E65.

Phaeton W12

As far as ride quality is concerned, these blow pretty much everyone right the fuck out.

I'm serious

I had a 1995 town car with good air suspension. That thing floated and had nice couch like seats. Even at 50 down dirt you couldnt feel a thing.

Rode in a Tahoe with airbag suspension once
>literally felt like driving on top of clouds

2008 Mercedes-Benz S550

easy

rode in the back of one of these bad boys as a kid and i will never forget how butter smooth that ride was

on the flipside, i was disgusted by how shitty of a ride the 300C is, like Ford Focus tier shitty.

Is it just me or is ride quality a lost art in modern cars? I mean I can at least understand why the most performance/track day oriented car have unbearably shitty ride when driven in the real world as lap times are the only thing their target audience cares about but why the hell do most "normal" modern cars have unbearably shitty ride?

I seriously don't get this I have been a passenger on many modern cars lately and ALL OF THEM has had worse ride quality than my dad's Mercedes Benz 190 from the 80s that has a 30 year old suspension on it.

The "sporty" meme has ruined ride quality nowadays. Citroën used to be one of the last manufacturers that could actually make a comfortable, relaxing car without making it boring, but even they fell victim to the sporty = good meme.

>Modern 4 cylinder economy cars match the performance of the late supercars of yore while maintaining safety features and decent mpg
>WHY HAS RIDE QUALITY GONE DOWN
baby

Don't think I'll ever sit in anything as comfortable again.

This.
Anyone who says otherwise besides rolls Royce or Bentley or $100k+ Mercedes, hasn't felt citroens hydropneumatic.

Fun fact, their system was so good Mercedes and Roll-Royce licensed it for use on their highest-end models.

I don't believe that but I don't care enough to look into it so I'm just voicing my scepticism.

He's Talking about the Mercedes 600 and the Rolls Silver Shadow. And he's right.

It may wallow in hard cornering and nose dive under hard braking but comfy is one thing it does right.

If cancer looked like a car, it would probably look like a 5 series GT, but my god, is that thing comfy to sit in

Genuinely this. 2007 Cadillac DTS back in 2008. This thing was so unbelievably smooth and comfortable. 10/10 road trip car when we rented it.

Had an '85 Grand Marquis growing up with the red velvet interior. Shit was maxcomf. All German cars are way too solid feeling and the seats lack padding. The chassis' always feel like they're made from a 2 foot thick block of wood.

a 2000 MB S430

>match the performance of the late supercars
Bullshit.

Also, no one who buys a fucking camry gives a shit about performance and handling.

this trip is right. My grandparents daily is 2004 DeVille. It is the smoothest ride I have ever been in. Miles ahead of my father's 2010 5 Series. And definitely better than my 2002 c240

Why not both?

youtube.com/watch?v=2v1CF_fY4nE

The same is true of most old supercars. They aren't particularly fast and most handle like shit on top of being heavy as hell.

not even meming

this shit was smoother than any Benz or other car I've been in, including my old Range Rover, a Jag XJ and a W126

For me my local bus company offer the worst ride I ever had and seriously the freeway is perfectly fine in Quebec.
It was bumpy and the build quality was just horrible.

Love my 190E. Max comfy and oh so sexy