In 10 years kids will think manual gearboxes were primitive and shit and paddle shifting was the forefront of driving

In 10 years kids will think manual gearboxes were primitive and shit and paddle shifting was the forefront of driving

youtube.com/watch?v=0RClFPv5r-0

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-28/bmw-mulls-pulling-u-s-stick-shifts-to-absorb-electric-car-costs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_life
youtube.com/watch?v=b04YW3r5xhg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anyone who isnt stupid knows that manual gearboxes are primitive outdated tech that have no place in the modern car world

there is no 10 years shit the time is now

But where is the fun user?
I do not give a fuck about outdated, I fall asleep while driving manual.

Unless it's something raw, light weight, and mechanical like an Alfa 4C, automatics bore me to tears.

>I need to be holding something phallic to enjoy driving.

Why not grab your boyfriend's dick since you clearly have a vagina.

It would be cool if automatic transmissions had some kind of manual override mode where in the event of an electronic failure the operator could still just operate it manually

>electronic failure
Lmao, you think automatics just fail randomly?

Protip: if you fuck up an automatic tranny, you're not taking that car home.

basically you cant drive and need a dick in your hand to have fun

manual is only more fun to people too talentless to know how to handle a car

I hate automatics. I drove a mercedes with paddleshifters recently and I thought it'd be like manual, but NO you can't actually shift when you want because it takes like 5 seconds to actually shift and if it thinks you're revving too high it won't even downshift.
I for one want to actually control my car and not get literally cucked by the transmission.

>stepping through gears instead of just skipping straight to desired gear because paddles
>waiting and hoping a computer thinks it knows exactly what the road layout and conditions are because auto
>praying it matches that info to the correct gear each and every time because auto
>screaming at 6k rpm just cos autotragic
This bs is why manuel reigns supreme over any other transmission. The only thing auto or semi auto is good for is lazy burgers on flat, ideal roads where you have about 1 mile to slow your car down too.

That and genuinely disabled people. Shit is good for giving them independence.

I would consider manuals as primitive as any tool is. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Paddles on anything other than extremely fast automatics is fucking garbage. My dad traded in his S2000 for a new Z4, and having driven both, that thing is fucking bore. I just left it in automatic mode.

dct is faster even most autos are faster
oh hey someone too stupid to use the auto shifter if it comes down to it

auto is better for pretty much everything these days

In 10 years, they won't even know how to drive, they'll just spastically push buttons on their phone

Primitive but reliable. Unlike, say, CVTs...

The manual mode on automatics is laughable. The computer is still in control and won't do what you tell it to if it doesn't like the looks of you. The computer wants you to put it back in D and leave it alone.

>CVTs exist
>so now all automatic transmissions are unreliable

Yeah because when I drove a family members car up some hills the autofagit sticking to stupid high rpms on a diesel was absolutely fantastic.

>faster
Doesn't matter when the faster shifts are always wrong shifts. Engine braking a shit, hills a shit, fuel economy a shit, control a shit and perhaps the cherry on top being that you can't even have as much fun with them.
At least dct offers some control but not to the same degree, and the computer can override your choices anyway.

Like I said, for disabled or burgers.

Even if you don't use the extreme case of CVTs, auto trannies have more moving parts. More moving parts, more that can go wrong. Simple math. Another thing. When an auto breaks, it's very expensive to fix it usually. In the rare cases when a manual breaks, much cheaper to fix. And you really have to abuse a manual badly for it to break.

Meanwhile in the real world, most transmission fixes are broken clutches and synchros.

I'm already disgusted after seeing posters agreeing they love the sound of a tesla over a lot of sports cars on /pol/.

What went wrong with my generation? Were we not beaten enough as kids?

go back to /pol/ ya underaged tryhard

>amerisharts are too stupid to drive properly
>this means manuals are unreliable

This here.

Manual is for wannabe racers who didnt get the news that most race cars use sequential anyways.

Mucking sperglords with their stick-autism.

Not really faggot. Driving automatic is boring and gay. You don't get any kind of a feel for the car like you do with manual.

Yes I do. My shitbox is slow so I need a manuel to make it more fun since i'm a poorfag fuck off.

Stop benchracing and actually post your fast automatic cars.

t. people who cant drive a car worth a shit

Fuck off Schlomo

Post your car

oh jeez that SJW tier insult where everyone I dont like is a jew

I dont take pictures of my car / I havent taken any since 2014

its a manual tho :^)

Yeah, the bus has a manual gearshifter.

>most clutches have a service life around 50k miles
>blame it on the Americans
Europeans need to be banned from Veeky Forums, they're too prone to being retarded and blaming it on Americans.

BMW: Stick shift is kill

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-28/bmw-mulls-pulling-u-s-stick-shifts-to-absorb-electric-car-costs

he doesn't own one. you are arguing with someone who's either in high school still taking the bus, or some poor bitch in community college still taking the bus

epic insult never been seen before

not my fault youre some babbyfag who wasnt around in 2014

Gen Z here and I've only ever wanted a manual car. Most of my friends feel the same way. There will still be a demand for Manual in ten years.

>everything needs to be streamlined for me
t. bus rider

t. bus rider

If your clutch only lasts 50k miles you are fucking dreadful at driving

>everything needs to be more difficult for no reason other than me to try to justify myself to other people who share tryhard opinions

DO NOT REPLY TO TRIPFAG

I heard the exact same contention 10 years ago....

>cant drive
>shit on manual gearbox
pottery

I can drive just fine

in fact thats why I know you dont need a manual to have fun

those who cant drive have to rely on a manual to occupy their mind they dont know how to drive a car so they need a substitute

Are you so filled with pointless anger that you read past
>service life
or do you just have no clue what that means?

If he's actually underage then pol and o are perfect for him

Yes, how long something is in service. I don't know what you think service life means

>those who cant drive have to rely on a manual to occupy their mind they dont know how to drive a car so they need a substitute
what the fuck does this mean

automatic is boring/manual is engaging = I dont know how to drive so I need manual to make cars entertaining

he thinks that shifting and cornering are mutually exclusive and the human mind can only do one at a time, so in his reasoning, manual drivers can't turn for shit and can only shift as an alternative, he's fucking retarded

Oh, so you're just intentionally being retarded. Good to know.

nope

automatic isnt boring if you know how to drive

all there is to it

That's because rebuilding autos are such a black art that most mechanics just order up a new one and slam it in and don't even touch the broken one other than to get it out and on a pallet. Manual trannies are repairable. If not by the mechanic there, any half-competent machine shop down the road.

And again you really have to abuse a manual tranny to need to replace the synchros. Same thing with clutches. In normal driving most of them are bulletproof these days.

I'm just stating facts. If you really abuse an auto tranny, it will just give you a harsher 1-2 shift, not completely shit the bed. Even then, you have to abuse them much more than a manual.

All I'm trying to say is that if your point is that autos are prone to failure, take a hard look at your favorite kind of transmission first.

>A product's service life is its period of use in service. ... Service life represents a commitment made by the item's manufacturer and is usually specified as a median. It is the time that any manufactured item can be expected to be 'serviceable' or supported by its manufacturer.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_life

Good boy

mine is fast, i can over rev my dct if i dont upshift it will never let me over rev on downshift
i still have to worry about stalling though

Congrats on finally learning what service life is. 50k miles isn't a lot.

>more difficult for no reason
Have you literally ever seen the inside of an auto?

>people thinking we'll even own our own cars in the future
With the advent of self driving cars I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the commuter ownership disappears.

>tfw you remember most people don't even like driving and wish they could use smartphones as they drive instead

>tfw gf was confused why I changed from autotragic to manual
>doesn't even want to learn manual
>most people are confused why I got manual
>acquaintance got a V8 Camaro in autimatic
:[

>something being more complex inside makes it harder to operate

wut

in 10 years kids will drive electrics without any kind of controllable transmission. they won't know what transmission is, and when something breaks they'll just replace power generator module and move on

also
>this burned timestamp
>this 90's quality in general
i enjoy this kind of photos

>None of the kids know how to drive one
youtube.com/watch?v=b04YW3r5xhg

Fucking bus rider

A clutch will last a lot longer than 50k miles

>Stop liking what I don't like, the thread
>Wehavethisthreadeveryday.jpg

What the fuck is what transmission my car has is any of your business? Drive your self-driving quadruple-clutch Google-robot if it gets your rocks off so nicely.

What do these people have to gain by pushing the automatic-rhetoric so hard besides getting us all in self-driving cars is beyond us.

Saged

And many automatic transmissions will go past 150k miles, but again
>service life

why are you even here

This is now a twingo thread

>My dad traded in his S2000 for a new Z4,
Why?

>10 years
>driving

nice meme

since Ive been getting this alot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯