Jesus FUCK why do cars have to be so fucking expensive??

Jesus FUCK why do cars have to be so fucking expensive??
>$1500 down on a used car in April
>$650 for 4 new tires+alignment in may
>now due for Timing belt $900+
and who the fuck knows when the clutch is gonna go it all just makes me wanna REEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

reading.craigslist.org/cto/6182323489.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like you bought a shitbox

$1500 total for shitbox
$500 for tools
Monthly payments of $50 to vatozone
Much cheaper m8

its not even a shitbox, its just some soccer mom's trade in that she drove until the tires were bald and fucking everything was due.

>it's not a shitbox
>proceeds to describe what very well sounds like a shitbox
What did he mean by this?

well once this bullshit is taken care of I should be carefree for the next 100k miles or so. In my mind a shitbox is a shitbox because it requires constant maintenance

And you were the dumbshit that bought it.

>$1500 down on a used car
holy crap, what was the total cost and monthly payment?

say that to my face not online motherfucker and see what happens. My last car shit out unexpectedly and after bumming rides to and from work for 2 weeks this was the first place with something that:
1) was in my price range

>once I fix these known problems on a car that was driven into the ground by a neglectful owner everything will be fine!

I remember my first car too.

>'08 forester
>$8,000 total including some wheel/tire insurance and GAP coverage that I got jewed into taking
>$136/month @ 9.8%

>buying used

fuck man don't put that evil on me

>financing 10k
kys. should've just gotten a civic for 3k.

how many months?

>5 years on a $8k loan
>@10%

60 months, but I'm trying to have it paid off sooner

>buying a memebaru
wtf are you going to do when the engine grenades in a year or two or you need to do the head gaskets? you dun goofed.

My first car purchase was pure retardation, but it was the perfect baptism by fire to get me somewhat knowledgeable about cars.
>2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7L
>engine overheated; cast block, aluminum heads, pls don't overheat ever
>had to do an entire rebuild
Jeeps are great to work on because the online community is 10/10 for information, so it wasn't so bad considering the most I'd done on auto work before that was changing my dad's oil a couple times. I don't own that WJ anymore, but it's still around and going strong it seems. Gave it a second life, and I imagine it's pushing 300k now.

wtf should I have done then?? I didn't have any money or credit and needed a fucking car

Should've had family to buy you a car or let you borrow/share one. You only would've had to share while you saved up for another grand for a $2500 civic.

user, do you have zero family? Like, none at all? No one that can smack you upside the fucking head? Financing a 10 year old car is pants on head retarded. You can get a low mileage Fiesta, Focus, Corolla for around $10k. Thats like $50 a month more. Hory shet. Hell, right now you can get a brand fucking new Fiesta for 10k. They have a fuck huge discount on them right now.

>implying

>needed a fucking car
For what, work? Get a local job.

i thought about something like that but i like going on camping trips. also i didn't want to spend that much money on something I thought was gay as fuck like a fiesta or honda fit or something

>new timing belt $900+
what is it a performance timing belt?

>gay
Yeah its much more manlier begging people for rides as you pay intrest on a loan for a car thats broke down.

>awd maymay
Unless you are going somewhere seriously off the beaten path like the backwoods of africa you dont need awd.

>what is it a performance timing belt?
a scam

>9.8%

this desu

op you are a faggot
do the work yourself

fucking what? My commute is like 10 miles accross town and I work in an office. It would be like an hour and a half bike ride in the assuming I didn't get dindu'd on the way(a very real possibility in memphis) and once I got there id need a shower and a change of clothes.
>"cant make it to work? just quit and get a new job somewhere closer bro"
what the fuck kind of McDonald's tier job do you work that would make that a reasonable suggestion?

>awd is a meme
>implying I don't leave the pavement
>implying anything 2wd that's heavier than a smart car won't get stuck in wet grass

keep it up m8

Negro, I used to live in the country,. Used a 4cyl, S10 to haul a 2k gallon water tank on a trailer. The nearest paved road to my house was about 3 miles away. Dont talk to me about the necessity of AWD because it isnt needed.

>inb4 transfer box breaks

Find a good shop that doesn't rape you.

i bet you didn't pull that trailer over any wet grass

Stay in debt and denial faggot.

Just got off the phone with one of my mechanics, $2300 for annual servicing.
That basically means changing the oil and filters.

Are you seriously saying that you have been defeated by grass?

that's fucking ridiculous. People pay that without asking questions?

>asking questions
You can ask, but it doesn't really matter.
They can charge whatever, and if you want to maintain continuity of servicing at their official center (for resale), you don't have much of a choice.
I'd do minor stuff somewhere else, without a doubt.

lol not me but my friend buried his s10 almost to the axle trying to turn around on the front lawn of a church. Personally I've had to throw my floormats under the tires to get my explorer moving up a *slight* hill and like 2 inches of mud

This desu. I take mine to a Mexican garage with a rotary on display as a badge of their mechanical prowess. Those guys can work wonders and do it for a fair price.

Yea, It's hard to find a good shop but I just found one last week. Feels good man. Dealerships are out to rape you but they can't help it due to their huge overhead. Hole-in-the-wall joints are the way to go. Also this time of year shops tend to be slower so they tack on needless work to fill slots.

OP Ill do your timing belt any day for $250. You buy the parts.
Or get jewed. Up to you.

I'm sure you know by now that the 4.0 was the better set up. V8 WJ are pigs.

>$650 for 4 new tires+alignmen
>Timing belt $900
>getting this jewed
Now you tell us what car you bought, what tires you bought and how much timing belt costed you.

In other words you are just a retard that buys overpriced shit.

>10 miles
>hour and a half bike ride
What the fuck? How much do you weigh?

Owner of a 4400lb 2wd open-diff pickup here, have owned for 2 years, through Michigan winters with no weight in the back, on "dirt" roads (actually just 2in thick ice), and still have yet to get stuck.

Any halfway decent driver doesn't need awd.

5'10" 165lbs. How about a 1 hour bike ride? Does that suit you better? Sorry i used hyperbole on Veeky Forums

>5'10" 165lbs
Youre a fatshit.

>hurrrr buying new carz is dumb guiz, Dat depreciation.

>buys used car and dumps the difference in depreciation back into maintenance.

where can I go to get sicc dealz? because you cant haggle with firestone and $150 per tire for tires with a 70k mile lifespan seems pretty fair.

I bought me a '98 Civic in April for $1500 flat and that shit is still running clean as fuck.

im really not though.. if i was a big enough faggot to save confused anime girl pics i would post one right now.

walmart does tires cheap af. 4 tires for like $250

I don't know shit about cars

do they let you use the pits/lifts or whatever at autozone if you pay 50 bucks a month

well what the fuck am I doing wrong? too much gas.. not enough?

>I didn't have any money or credit
>spends 8,000 on a car

bruh you could have had yourself a clean ass CRX and made all the fags on Veeky Forums jelly

8000 is more than I'd ever spend on a car and your broke ass went into debt for a shitbox

can you write me a how-to real quick? maybe some ms paint illustrations?

>buying new
Have fun dealing with recalls.
Should have bought something rugged off Craigslist from a jaded Gen X-er.

fuck you, i'm not broke. i'll have this whore paid off in like 3 years tops and by that time will have addressed all of its bullshit. and then ill just own a reliable car outright

>fuck you, i'm not broke

I was literally quoting your retarded ass,

>I didn't have any money or credit

all I said was that 8,000 is too much for a car in your position

there's a CRX in my area I've been eyefucking for 4400 and your dumb ass dropped twice that on a gay ass forester

are they rated for 70,000 miles?

Not cash though. OP is a faggot that didn't have 4k to his name.

>memebaru
>reliable
pick one.

no they're shitty gook tires. buy michelins or nothing.

he'd still be fine financing a personal loan for like 2 grand

>10 years old subarust
>8 GRANDS
>NINE DAWT EIGHT PERCENT
Wtf OP. Did you never stop a moment and ask yourself if you are doing the right thing?

Just sell it, get rid of it. The 2.5 engine is garbage.

As much as I love them cars are a pretty stupid investment.

Are you broke or cheap? Save up some cash and buy a used econobox and drive it till the wheels fall off.

>believing merchants claims
Your fucking car won't last half of that, you homo.

Oy vey goyim! Don't work on the car yourself, you fuck shit up!

reading.craigslist.org/cto/6182323489.html

look at this sweet riced out CRX you could have had OP

>9.8%

If you're in the United States, this is rubbish.

Anywhere else and it would be quite good.

man if I had 5k in my pocket i would have done something like that too. i make 500 a week but don't save shit.

also it'll look less gay once i get a roof rack..

>buying a car with old tires right before it needs the timing belt done

well done

then why didn't you just cop a cheap ass civic

9.8 is hooknose ursury everywhere in the civilized world.

too late for us to help you now faggot

>Have fun dealing with recalls.
oh god they'll replace something for free one day, holy shit the horror

i didnt know!!!

i really like the 4door layout with a tray in the back and seats that fold flat desu

used car dealers are way fucking sketchier than CL in my experience

You bought a 10 years old lesbobox and expect it to be trouble free?

You should have bought a 3k civic or 3k suburban if you wanted something reliable.

let me blow your mind for a second, it would have been cheaper to get a civic and rent a uhaul twice a year

I can fold the rear seats in my civic and fit in a 6ft ladder. you're doing it wrong.

shingo go to sleep

AWD is a meme for real. I drove a 2500HD 2WD in Yukon and passed subarus stuck in ditches.

Clearly you don't understand how loans work.

Your rate will be the same between 12-60 months, and loans are simple interest.

If you overpay, it goes towards the principle effectively allowing yourself to reduce the interest charge.

But you totally knew that

>OP admits he makes 1K a month
>OP admits he has shit credit and lives in memphis
>He will totally pay it all early!!
GO OP GO, DEFEAT THE EVIL MERCHANTS

>get to pick my first car at age 16
>perfectly functioning '08 Pontiac G5 in 2010 with like 30k miles or whatever
>gets hit and runned twice while parked in 2013 and 2014
>all been downhill since repairs
>power steering failure in the middle of driving
>back left wheel jamming during a u-turn on a busy road
>AC breaking in a Texas summer

So, how are Hondas and Hyundais these days? I have this feeling in the back of my mind that my car's just going to die on the way to work, possibly in flames.

Almost forgot
>OP will need to dump 3k a year in repairs

all of you fucking morons saying he couldn't have bought a car for 3-5 grand are forgetting that he's already spending that on repairs

>paying for timing belt
Nigga I winged it and changed my own timing belt on the weekend and it turned out fine. That shit isn't even hard you can google it.

Things could change. There's a reason he got a high rate though.

>He never worked on a subaru

>buys a shitbox that is actually shit
Kek fucking meltdown

You have high hopes for OP. But as a rule of thumb someone that dumps more than 50% of his annual income on a car over 5 years at 10% is just digging deeper.

I work in auto finance. He's a bog. Guarantee he is financed through flagship as well