Just bought a 2014 Honda Civic. 39k miles, $14.2k. What should I know and did I just fuck up?

Just bought a 2014 Honda Civic. 39k miles, $14.2k. What should I know and did I just fuck up?

Yes. You could have gotten an Accord from the same year for that much

Yes. I just got this for 14,8. With a v8 and steering headlights and cooled seats.

>14k Civic

Yes, you fucked up by paying 11k more than you should have

Unless you plan on keeping that car for the next 7-10 years than yeah you did fuck up. At that price you could've gotten an actual fun car

>immaculate GS430
>147k miles
>pay 6k
honestly if you were dead set on a civic then you're fine, but there are SO many cars you can have comfortably for ~14k

i got a 2014 civic Si last month for 15k lol

>14k
yes you fucked up

Don't listen to these idiots OP, that is a great car that will last you a long time reliably. You can rely on it as a daily driver while you save up for a fun car to fix up

He still over paid for it

He could've gotten an older Civic that 1/4 of that price that would've been just as reliable. Guarantee he gets sick/bored with this car after 2 or so years

He didn't overpay for it that's actually a decent price for a nearly new car
It would have had alot more miles and would be in worse condition

Not for a nearly 4 year old Civic, it's barely cheaper than a new one

What is it about 7k less for a clean lightly used one? That's not a terrible deal, he's got an economic car that will last while he saves up for a better car to enjoy

It actually is

Because he could've gotten a cheaper Civic and not had to save as much or as long? There is no reason at all to spend that much on a Civic unless you're keeping it for a minimum of 7 years, which 90% of people don't do

OP here. I do intend to drive this thing as a daily driver for the next few years until I've saved up enough for something more luxurious. I didn't go into this thinking "super fun luxury" I went in thinking "good condition modest vehicle."

Coming from an '04 Chevy Cavalier and an '05 Toyota Corolla (both over 175k miles), this things feels like a fucking Rolls Royce.

Too all the morons saying its close to getting a new one.
>No it isn't
New civics are like what 19k? That's not factoring in fees and shit...but of course Veeky Forums is going to argue about not paying sticker right.

You did good op!

What trim? is it emanual?

See
You could've gotten something interesting but you didn't because you're boring.

Nice color choice OP, I have a 2015. It's obviously not a sporty car, but I get positive comments on the color all the time. Gas mileage is good, engine power is shit, interior is surprisingly nice for the price, had mine for 2 years now and no problems whatsoever

LX, Automatic, very clean.
I wasn't really going for interesting, more just "Fucking god get me out of this Corolla while it still has value."

>buying a cvt
Kys

>LX, Automatic, very clean.

It's a Honda Civic. Reliable, cheap and easy to maintain, good mileage.
But it's a CVT, you have the lowest trim available, and you overpaid a decent bit.

It's not a bad choice for an econobox; you did overpay, but don't sweat it too much.
The $2000 - $2500 you overpaid will be meaningless if you take care of it and keep it for at 7-10 years (or longer - god knows a Civic will last).

Then why would you spend 14k for a Civic? Any car that's under 10 years old is going to be fairly reliable with the obvious exceptions(bmw, Chrysler, etc). But hey, at the end of the day it'll be you that wasted thousands of dollars when you trade it in for another borebox in three years

I got a 2015 fiesta st with 12k miles for $1k more than that. Ya fucked up.

You could have gotten a 2016 Camry if you knew how to haggle.