I fucking love my bicycle but need to get a driver's license soon...

I fucking love my bicycle but need to get a driver's license soon. Pondering whether or not to get a bike driver's license instead.

SO: are motorbikes like big bicycles?
What are some good starter bikes etc

I daily an enduro and it's been great. easy to learn on cause its lightweight and you don't have to worry about it if you do something dumb and fall over.

Literally any Harley if you're not a poorfag. Anything else is just subpar third world garbage like

wow mean

Looks good, easy to make wheelies etc with it I imagine

Not Einfeld? :^(

Welcome to the internet

Einfeld Is garbage

Japanese or Italian it is then I guess

It's great for hooning around, and the service intervals aren't as short as similar enduros. What kind of bikes you looking at?

Italian is the most garbage.

Yeah or OP could get a Honda Shadow which is like a Sportster but without breaking or rattling apart all the time.

Since you're a cyclist I'm just gonna assume you're a hipster so get a Yamaha Bolt. Yamaha and Honda have quality bikes, most nip bikes are good desu.

Honda Supercub and any of it's iterations.

>shadow
>like a sportster
Weebs actually believe this

I don't think sport has anything to do with the shadow nor any offering from Hardley.

Take a local motorcycle driver's course. I don't know how it is in your state, but if you already have a class C, if you pass the class they pretty much just stamp the "M" onto the license you already have. No test at the DMV, and the training course should have some 250cc bikes for you to use during the course. It cost me about 200 dollars but the instructor was a 15+ years veteran motorcycle cop. Awesome guy, he knew his shit.

Thanks nobike :D

>hipster
Fuck no, but I live most of my life in a project, at night you're always roaming around, usually for 6-8 hours. So I'd do it by foot or bicycle. Plus I live in a small country so a bike is enough to get around the capital

Probably something sporty + used so I don't break the bank, but if I can keep common sense in mind I'll probably look for something not too powerful and asian. Either looking like the one you have or like the big ones (Repsol, Ducati etc come to mind, basically big sporty bikes)

Ye I live in a French country, we need what's like a driver's license to ride bikes, about 500$ I think it is ? Or yeah I can just get it for much lower once I have a car license.

Whatever keeps you feeling superior on an anonymous messageboard.

Cool pic from the internet!

>muh American quality
My Harleyfag friends have to fix their shit constantly because the damn things vibrate bolts loose. My Shadow has been dropped and put through some really stupid use and just keeps chugging. I'll give the Japs credit where due.

Harleys are garbage 90 year old engine design. If you want to look like you're old go with this.

>this is literally what poor people think

Shitty pushrod and leak oil like a corvette.

Same could be said about garbage bmw. But most likely you know what you're talking about as you post from the bus

Are you willing to bet an apology on that?

OP here show me the whole thing pl0x

BMW's are garbage nippon master race.

Goddamnit I already walked to the garage and took pics.

No. Because we're not impressed by you posting pics of your dad's bf bike
>poorfags

>poor
>H2R costs 50,000
>most expensive harley costs 40,000

I see, so everybody is wrong and you never are.

>h2r
Not street legal weebo. Why are you poorniggers so dumb?
Seems that way. You kids are just like a board full of short bus riders

Well maybe stop driving the bus for us and you wont have to deal with it while you sit there with poor quality bait all day.

Whats stopping you from taking it on the street you can actually run from the police.

I've heard bad things about Ducati electrical gremlins, never owned one myself though.

If you fancy starting on a supersport you might like something with selectable ecu maps like the S-DMS on the GSXR's last few years. Regardless you'll be okay if you take it easy, I know a couple guys who started on 600 supersports without anything like that.

Seconding this, take MSF or your country's equivalent before buying a bike.

bare bantz itt

Im not 16 years old like you for one

I commute daily on a Honda, and its a fantastic experience. The bike is flawlessly reliable, comfortable for rides up to about three hours, gives me a dose of excitement every day - I get to the office awake and invigorated.

Honda.

>On a honda
>The brand makes such a huge difference, it's all I need to mention to anyone
>A honda

>not buying used bikes
>not hacking up quick fixes that end up in use for thousands of miles
>blows money on fancy gear and factory new bikes
>not buying more old bikes
>not slowly turning old bikes into labors of love that are daily drivers
It isn't about the money. I'll be picking up your bike at your next baby shower when the new wife says it's time for you to quit your hobby.

If you live in a state that is low rain, or have an extra ride/car then you can do it. Here in Cali I took a motorcycle training course for around 100 or 200. After that I didn't have to take a driving test at the dmv.
I also learned a lot and knew I wanted to get into motorcycles after that.
I would look at for a first bike something under 450lbs and 650> in displacement. I like to wring out my 500cc moto guzzi and my 150cc scooter. On a bigger bike you don't row through the gears as much, and there is plenty of room to grow into a slower bike.
I would go used and japan first. If you have more money bmw's are solid, and italian isn't bad if you do the maintenance yourself, or have lots of money.

And?

Honda's are designed to do the dumbest shit, for the most possible miles.

OP, get a cbr500r. It's cheap. Reliable. Cheap. Parts are plentiful. Cheap. And its engine is a perfect balance between useable power and fuel efficiency.(89MPG)

...cheap.

Honda cruisers are pretty sexual man. Love mine.

>current harley 1870cc 92 hp
>2006 GSXR 1000 176 hp

SV650 or fz6r if you want a sport bike. You can get a 600cc if you feel competent and have experence riding dirt bikes and know how a motorcycle gearbox works.

What model / brand is that ?

GSXR ! Fucking love these, I think they're out of my league money wise but an all black GSXR is definitely a dream bike of mine, thanks user

Looks flawless

I'm pretty convinced honestly I think I'll look into doing a training course ye

Honda is the name that keeps getting brought up so I'll probably look into a used one as you said, cheers m8

Suzuki TL1000s w RS3 boltons
>And?
Manufacturers have many different models in many different trims in many different countries.
Not all Hondas are designed to do what you claim they do, just like not all Kwakkas, Yamahas etc are.

Don't be a brandwhore, only the brand benefits from that, not you.

>literally an outdated piece of shit that's outhandled, outpriced and outrelied by the entire competition and sells on nostalgia alone

And you crying on Veeky Forums changes....?

It's a statement, not a plea of education.

Why defend your post so quickly?

Not my post. Just find it funny how triggered people get over a motorcycle brand

Then we're in the same boat. Brand loyalty means nothing to a consumer but a false sense of security and comradery.

Never understood why people get so buttblasted that different people lime different things. If they're happy, awesome!

I have no issues with people liking something, only the complete lack of rational thinking that leads to a blanket statement such as "Honda is better" when their ignorance of other models/brands has lead them to said conclusion.

Indian > victory > .................
Harley

The only thing that comes close is a Yamaha. And that's assuming you want to eventually dump your bike.
If it's to last 100,000 miles, it's got to be a Honda.

Harleys are for fags who want to pick up 40-50 old dudes. I mean are you really serious about this?

>A Honda
Jesus christ.

Sup fellow Harley brothers

I didn't realize Honda makes only one motorcycle

Had a 06' Ninja for a year.
Dick hit me on the freeway, totaled my bike and drove off, classic hit and run.
Fixed the stupid thing and sold it.
Just know there are two types of riders: those who've been in an accident and those who will.

>honda
>lasting

Yeah that's my main concern desu.
That + a car is just so much more convenient for transporting friends and riding to music so idk yet

No, they're nothing like bicycles.

Get a Suzuki SV650.

Harleys are great when your looking for 50+ men to slam your boi pussy.

and why is that a fault of the bike?
it sounds more like the drivers there are a problem

Honestly yes, sadly those drivers are a reality and will keep on presenting a danger to bikers

Whatever you do DO NOT get a Fireblade. Unless you like to go into neutral for no reason whatsoever when you least expect it.

Sounds like you bought a shitty bike.

Don't hate the game, hate the player.

dumb cagie detected

nice sandals bro

>SO: are motorbikes like big bicycles?
No. Bicycle is lighter than you. On motorcycle it's the opposite. Different dynamics.

But bicycle experience helps.

Get a honda, or anything reliable and low maintenance. You need to learn riding on your first bike, the wrenching will come later.

>nor any offering from Hardley.

V-Rod?

Nice, I used to have an S. They have more torque than the R, I could pull the front wheel up on at 2500rpm without clutching it.

>I fucking love my bicycle

This is bait right?

V-rod a shit. Slow, handles like shit, heavy, already outdated.

>tfw own all black GSXR

Fucking beautiful, how much did it set you back originally cost-wise ?

>t. nobike summerfag

My 2002 Ninja 250 has 145,000 miles on it

mfw when riding expecting something to finally break

Looking for my first motorcycle
Thinking about a:
Honda rebel or shadow
Triumph bonneville
Yamaha bolt
Or an Indian scout
Any pros or cons for each?
Any advice? Saw lots of love for the Honda shadow here and some other places.

mfw that bike is beautiful and looks like something straight out of an anime

Rebels are shit and slow, Bonneville's are nice but expensive, everything else is shit

Cruisers are the worst kind of motorcycle desu, the least capable and not as comfortable as you'd think.