Name a more bad-ass, reliable and revolutionary engine

As the title states, pro-tip, you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DumsHE-cZxw
youtube.com/watch?v=vnTC-hW8g6g
youtube.com/watch?v=_P1jjN7JRY8
youtube.com/watch?v=D0r6_N5WpZA&t=17s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_Europe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You've got there OP

BMW M50

/thread

Any 4g63t

LS1

youtube.com/watch?v=DumsHE-cZxw

VW 1.9 TDI. Can take a massive boost and is bulletproof. They don't make engines like these anymore.

Same goes for the 1.8T, also VW.

let's be honest, you can't name a single revolutionary engine. altho we can't get past the fact that DOHC engines are in the "revolutionary" league

>Still can't pass smog.

>no other engine will power half of the vehicles on the planet

4BT

You are like a little baby.

I was gonna be butt hurt and then I looked closer. I'm okay with this

What's so bad ass and revolutionary about it?

>not the first twin cam engine
>not the first EFI engine
>not the first anything

It's literally a nothingburger

>Rover V8

a cute

>badass
makes 400hp standing still, will make 600 with mods, up to +1,000 with rebuilt internals and Forced Induction.
>reliable
literally a truck engine, used in millions of factory cars, thousands of aftermarket swaps. Even boats.
>revolutionary
see above. If the AK47 is the people's gun, the LS series of engines are the peoples engine.

cue that newtrip having a meltdown over the Actual Greatest Engine Ever Madeā„¢

try not to be too mad
>pic related

the rotary engine

>Subaru

this and Multiair

>introduced power to the masses
>cheap
>first monobloc v8
>six cylinder fags BTFO
>Chevy BTFO
>spawned hot rodding
>badass in that Bonnie and Clyde and all their ilk used them
>still one of the best sounding V8s
>very reliable after a few years of growing pains
youtube.com/watch?v=vnTC-hW8g6g

lycoming's engines are better
>inb4 the b-but its not an aircraft engine
your arguments are invalid

Aren't all engines revolutionary because the crank revolves?

Old engines were simple but not reliable. You always had to be fiddling with them. That's why Baker and others made electric cars for women so they wouldn't have to deal with these things.

>Badass
It's a Toyota engine. Legal definition says you can't call a Toyota badass unless it's well north of 1000hp.
>Reliable
Granted, but hey, Toyota.
>Revolutionary
Ummmmmm no sweety. The Mercedes 2.3 16v was a far more revolutionary engine: first production I4 to feature 16 valves per cylinder, far more hp/L (despite being an earlier design based on an older block), and with more total output as well. You could argue that it was just as reliable with decent maintenance (you try breaking a W201, good luck), and it certainly was more badass with it's hairy chested DTM legacy.

Didn't those have a nasty habit of cracking the heads?

I'll give you your first two points. However, it's certainly not revolutionary. It's a pushrod aluminium EFI small block, in a time where aluminium is the industry standard (seriously Dodge, what are you doing), and nobody even bothers without multipoint EFI anymore.

It's not revolutionary. Not a bad engine either, but not revolutionary.

>$100,000 engine work
>175 hp

Notchtop SR20, DUH!

>16 valves per cylinder

Getout.jpeg

To be fair it's an evolution of the Veyron engine which was also badass

>dump a fuckton of money into research and development
>set out to build THE GREATEST ENGINE EVER MADE
>SIXTEEN CYLINDERS
>FOUR TURBOS
>but less displacement than a Viper
>less power than a boosted LS
>and orders of magnitude more expensive than both
I don't know how VW manages to be THIS fucking shit.

What's the propeller for

its reliable and not some hackjob

real engineering takes talent time and money

>VAG
>reliable
Have you seen the fucking service intervals and associated costs for a Veyron?

>revolutionary
flaming dorito

services and cost doesnt make it unreliable

show me a boosted LS that can make as much power as the chiron on pump gas and meet european and american emissions

>emissions
cuck

well if the LS can't do it then it is objectively worse than the chiron engine

No it fucking isn't you commie cuck. We have the freedom to drive 2500hp cars on the streets here. "Production" is irrelevant here. Power is power.

1.5 million pounds of thrust.

>objectively
>emissions standards (numbers picked arbitrarily by bureaucracy to make people feel good).

Bloody hell.

kek

unreliable shitboxes dont mean anything tho

pushcucks btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=_P1jjN7JRY8

youtube.com/watch?v=D0r6_N5WpZA&t=17s

so one example with no backstory

and its an arab who are infamous for not taking care of their cars

there are shit tons of LS engines having catastrophic failure

Rodless fag.

>ctrl-f Detroit Diesel 50 series
>no results

Suzuki G engine

>ctrl-f your post
>no intelligence found

Knowing when to change the apex seals can be incredibly convenient, as it's the same interval as the oil change!

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the 271 and newer 274 Mercedes i4 engines.

ITS FOR GOING FAST

>muh modified cars
Irrelevant. Gm can barely make a 650hp engine that will run hard for more than 3 minutes, they have zero chance of making a streetable, reliable and emissions compliant 1000hp+ engine

So go ahead and post some drag week cars that just cruise along the highway being followed by a trailer of spare parts and a crew of mechanics.. it's really proof that Americans can build good engines
Lmao Fucking idiot

>"Production" is irrelevant here. Power is power.
No it's not.
BTW, Boosted Lambos, GT-Rs and R8s dominate the non-prep drag races and the street.
So displacement doesn't even beat boosted exotics and jap-crap.
Yet still, all these people try to beat a stock Bugatti.

underrated

Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is by no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favour and go check out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?

>Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated?
Not him, but when a post is good but gets no attention, it's normal to claim it as an underrated post and thus, letting the poster know he posted something good even though it got no repplies.

here's your (((you)))
calm down.
stop being a faggot.
nice attempt at a pasta.

fuck. I hate summer so much.

I posted the rocket engine. I knew it was a good post. That's why I posted it. I was going to post an LS1 but I noticed it had already been mentioned. So I went with the next best thing. I guess that's what NASA had to do since the ls1 doesn't work in a vacuum.

>crank collar, oil drain issues, oiling issues
>needs tons of extra maintenance because solid lifters, 25 and 20 are a more reliable choice. 25 needs all the oil fixes, crank collar and headgasket, 20 can do well with just oil drain from the head fixed, pistons and headgasket. crank collar if you wanna rev the piss out of it. ca18s need a rebuild and headgasket and they're pretty damn monstrous for $300 with a bigger turbo, you can rev the piss out of them with the stock valvetrain even

Most of you people here wouldn't have electricity or internet to shitpost with if it weren't for GM powered work vans and trucks.

yeah brah, especially me here in europe where GM DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST, faggot.

My RB20 is unkillable. 300whp, constant 8000+rpm hooning, and it refuses to die. Drove it 80km once with a coolant leak, arrived home nearly dry with the temp gauge at max and it didn't even care.

The RB20 is the greatest engine of all time. ALL TIME.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_Europe

>Defunct 2010

>NA 4age
>175 hp
more like 160

see
ABSOLUTELY B T F Od MY DUDE

6bt a best

No one gets this

1.Tune it to read clean.
2. Run which ever fuel you like, E85, 110
3.???
4. Trigger every euro cuck

>six cylinder fags BTFO
>chevy BTFO
>implying
nigger the Stovebolt is more reliable, can make more power and makes more power stock
I can't deny it sounds fucking amazing but it's easily one of the weakest engines of it's time.
Too tiny.
if you consider shitting turbos every other oil change and injectors snapping in half/exploding reliable I guess

SR20 and RB26.

It existed, his argument is invalid.

Sorry, you lose.

>put into large commercial vehicles
>america loses faith and ends production 1996
>most reliable petrol engine in US
>ford down under eventually develops god of down under Barra 4.0

>Can push a corrugated titanium block to mach 3.2
>Insane operating ceiling
>Durable as fuck

59ab and 8ba blocks are the most sought after and the most reliable, the record power for on is 600hp and it did 300mph at bonneville, which is damn good for a side valve (a Cadillac flatty made over 700, but it had better breathing, intake and exhaust flow the opposite on them)
After they fixed the casting and water pump issues after the first few years (rushed by Henry) it was as nearly as reliable as the stovebolt was in the thirties. The legendary reliability of the stovebolt from from a near redesign in the fifties when the flatty was on the way out and Ford was bringing in its legendary six.
Flatties were marketed better and killed off the model B/C four banger in two years. And saw a great deal of industrial use and still does in old equipment.
Modern tech can solve the problems of a bad block too, magnaflux and sand clearing.

Some old hot rodders have hundreds of thousands of miles on theirs.
Usually made 5-10 hp more than the Chevy six and has that cooler cache. I'll admit, on paper and stock, there isn't much difference. But what would you prefer to have if they made identical power and equally reliable?

>300mph at bonneville
Don't take Bonneville speeds too seriously, people pull every single trick out of the book to get engines running at those speeds, most are literally undriveable on the street.

I'm aware, still impressive for a sidevalve and that it can make multiple passes without blowing the heads off.

Theres also boat engines with a lot more power, but with the size of a small building.
Power output is not the only point of a good engine, you will realise that when you get to 12yo.

>that it can make multiple passes without blowing the heads off.
The heads aren't the problem in flathead engines, the lack of main bearings is and i agree, despite the staggering weaknesses of the main rotating assembly they take it all without a hiccup.

So British it turns coolent into tea