Reminder that owning a slow car is not an excuse to never go to the track. You're only racing yourself after all

Reminder that owning a slow car is not an excuse to never go to the track. You're only racing yourself after all.

My only BS excuse is the track is 2hrs away.
That said, I'm currently prepping the car for going.

Is nearest track being 124km / 77miles away from where I live an acceptable excuse for never going to the track?

Do you not have a highway/freeway/interstate/autobahn to get you there within an hour?

No, that's literally a one and a half hour drive at most. Do you not have weekends?

My car is not only slow, but also not even fun. There are genuinely fun slow cars and ironically fun slow cars, mine isn't one of them.

I drive a 13 year old korean shitbox with a shitty autos. going to the track will kill it

I only have one car, and I can't afford the excess wear and tear

but my car is stanced

The nearest track to me doesn't allow peasants like me to drive on it because "it doesn't fit the prestige of the track". Not kidding. No open track days.

Why the fuck is this allowed? Fucking richfags.

Why is private property allowed?

Fucking commie scum.

I'd rather just die in a straight line on a road than on a track.

My excuse is that I can't afford to repair my car if I damage it by redlining it or crashing.

Umm what track is this?

Circuit of the Americas

I used to drag race my Nissan Cube on my local track
Lost every race but it was still fun for me and inspired me to get my still slow as shit but a lot faster than the cube V6 mustang that I now use in drift days and auto cross competitions and open track days

What year Mustang?

Well you make me feel better about taking my Svt Focus out to a track day the car is definitely not fast but it's a fun car I just felt like it would be to slow

Can't let the new Ferrari owner get his fragile ego shattered when some poorfag in a 2ZZ MRS rides his slow ass through every corner

Nearest track doesn't do open track days and the next closest is like 5 hours away and you need a proprietary license from said track.

Not really, I ride more than that to get to the city.

Right so i want to try autocross, as far as i can see for the americans they turn up, sign their name then drive their shitbox around some cones for a bit and generally have fun. Naturally being in the UK everything is harder and geared towards freemason tory voting boomers, not only does it have a different name (auto-test) i need a racing licence and the car needs to meet certain requirements.

Is this not a thing in the UK then? am i limited to track days or fucking drag racing?