youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Previous thread: What broken ass characters do you want most in TWW? Nagash? Abhorash? Kroak?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5K_0M1aWu8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ways to nullify damage resist in TWW are few and far between. Especially for physical.
It's also just a health modifier really so the toughness difference isn't reflected the best.
I'm not really complaining, just kinda observing how TWW has to slice everything down.

Last time I checked magic damage and attacks ignored physical resistance in TWW, and every faction can get it from units or magic except greenskins

Sorry, it'd be damage resistance, as only physical resistance wouldn't represent a ward save.

Abhorash won't ever be in the game and Nagash is pretty unlikely, and if he is then it means End Times units will be in game and that seems unlikely. Still Its hard to see how CA will portray Thanquol without using his End Times model so who knows. Most of what CA have said suggests this is strictly 8th edition. Kroak should definitely make an appearance,

there is no way CA would give a flat 20% ward save, it will probably be physical resistance

>Deliverance of Itza will just be a flock of doom

Or they could make it lower than 20%
But it still remains an explicit health modifier at that stage.

youtube.com/watch?v=5K_0M1aWu8M

ay caramba

>Overast Deliverance of Itza
>everyone gets back up

It's the better option compared to just giving them more HP

OP FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

This OP needs more

I'm on it m8. Just waiting for Chaos stunties to be announced.

dying of old age =/= suicide

PAAAAVISE CROSSBOWMEN

OP did you make the OP for /civ4x/ aswell?

>dying at all
Death is just a journey to another place.

Yeah.
Here's another screenshot from that same game.

State of the world 226 turns in, with Conquer Anywhere, just wandering around picking big fights as Beastmen, currently at Barak Varr trying to goad Ungrim into coming closer
Von Carsteins hold some land in Western Sillymania still
VC pushed out of Sylvania by Welves
Empire steady
Varg growing
Wood Elves dominant, destroyed all Chaos stacks, Age of Peace? triggered
Border Princes ate Tilea
Greenskins still exit but barely a strong force
Dwarfs hold the bowl and rioaming armies fight minor orc factions there

At this point it looks like the world's fate will be between Welves and Varg, probably with Welves winning.

>Antioch

Bring on the memes

I certainly appreciate observer games but wouldn't it make more sense to show us the map screen?

I want to try conquer anywhere, but it seems to benefit the norscan fucking shits the most, and the last thing they need is more campaign buffs

smoky aesthetics are cool

I'm hoping the new historical has gunpowder, there is only so much fots I can enjoy before getting bored of the setting

>tfw betrayed by the steam dlc update steam watching user

You said it would be soon.

You said they were predictable.

I've got less bamboo than a starving panda.

I've got less crumpets than a brit in walmart.

There's a version which doesn't let Norscum conquer anywhere, at least.

Has the Old Friend been scrapped or what? Atleast give us another lord pack ffs

Wanted to laugh at Manny having to live in lame Fort Jakova with his entourage of immortally lame vampire friends who have to follow him instead of hanging out with the cool kids because they owe him money

Named my planet in Alpha Centauri 'Planet'.
Only two ringworld sections finished there, got a third before I stopped playing for the day, named it after some cunt in voice chat because I couldn't think of anything else.

It was a Sol start but I moved my capital. No horsefuckers near my Pannonia. I intend to eventually move it to Antioch.
Or whichever segment gets the best resource generation RNG.

It also means that when you retaliate and hit Norsca you can do it slowly and steadily with a base of operations, rather than having to commit a stack to complete genocide, lest they rebuild.

>fots
>3 ship fleet cripples the economy of an entire province

any mods that get fix this?

Why not both?

Holy Fucking God my Lombards campaign of 3 hours was just ruined by the war weariness shit when the Franks declared war on me and then never stopped.

Does anyone have a link to a mod that changes this shit up a bit?

Yes, it's called buy some ironclads. You can download it from your docks.

so /twg/, what's the most uncomfy/JUST moment you've had in a campaign?

Pic related.

Don't ask.

now this is something

Syracuse is easy as fuck, just sink their transports over and over.

>[muffled Punic laughter in the distance]

n..nani?

>implying I'm that far along in the campaign

probably any time I've lost naval superiority in fots, or the oda campaign where nobunaga ended up w/ the impolite trait + the game assigned a broken treaties penalty to me randomly, causing me to basically hit realm-divide levels of diplomatic penalties while only having 3-4 provinces. Or when my late-game tosa republic campaign was turned into an endless nightmare by endless ai agents, that I was forced to sit and watch every single turn despite having fast movement/show ai moves off, and had no way of dealing with as they assassinated all of my high-tier agents through brute force, and all my low tier agents couldn't touch the ai's

Shogun 2 is probably the only game I've ever had uncomfy campaigns in

>all those transport fleets

where is your navy

if you win a couple of battles they should sue for peace, I've never really had a problem with war weariness

On the plus side, at least it's not Carthage.

I fought bravely, but in the end it was to much.

However we will be back, Rome is eternal.

delete this

Which total war takes place earliest in time?

r2 wrath of sparta I believe

The next historical total war ^::::)

There is something really beautiful about the diffuse light of explosions and muzzle flashes in a lazy rolling cloud of smoke.

any news about Warhammer 2 or Old Friend in the past 2 weeks?

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!

When you're playing Lombards and then Franks, Sicily, Benevilo, Papal States and Bavaria attack you at once and your War Weariness goes to -7 in two turns.

well, the blood dlc is free for TWW2 if you already own it for TWW (and vice versa)

ok-kay... that's a something... i guess.

Best friend at 3pm today folks keep an eye on that Facebook/Twitter.

I'll just watch this thread... you'll share the news with the rest of us back here, right?

Don't toy with my emotions like this

IN GAME TRAILERS WHEN

I will be the very first person ITT to post it here.

Buddyboy will be more goblin archers for azhag

who actually gives a fuck at this point?

Hey watch the tone this is a T for Teen game.

the only teen game you'll ever get

I go to job interview in few hours and you better be right and old friend be revealed when i come back or else i will be very angry at you.

What's the best matchup for Head to Head?

I have a feeling that Beastmemes vs. WoC would be a lot of fun.

What do you mean by head to head? Standard multiplayer match?

STOP DELAYING ANCIENT EMPIRES

I imagine he means Head to Head campaign, since its got Head to Head in the name.
As for the best, Empire and Vampires works alright I think.

Oh right I forgot about that.

'No'

>DELAYING
They're working on it, what the fuck more do you want?

tomorrow

Sure they are.

>Still Its hard to see how CA will portray Thanquol without using his End Times model so who knows.

I think it would work if Thanquol and Boneripper were separate units (with Boneripper as a sort of Legendary Hero) that get buffs for being near each other.

Yeah just like Krell, right?

Sorry, Head to Head campaign.

That's what I've been hearing.

>Ancient empires of Nehekhara, Zharr-Nagrund and Sky Titans
yes, they are working on them

Can I turn off matched combat in Attila?

>Zharr-Nagrund
Nice try bud.

okay, it ain't so ancient, but still

Boneripper would be interesting if he was unlocked like a mount, but actually added a second unit to Thanquol, so you suddenly go from scrappy Grey Seer to Grey Seer with a buff Rat Ogre protecting him.

>Legendary Hero

user...

this will likely be the case - I read up on the skaven roster and it seems that generic skaven "mages" get access to rat ogre mounts, so if Thanquol is in he will have Boneripper as a unique version of the rat ogre mount, similar to franz/deathclaw and louen/beaquis

TODAY

>I read up on the skaven roster
WHAT? there're leaks of TWWH2?!!!!
because in tabletop mages sure as hell do not get ratogre mounts

nvm apparently regular lords get it, but the same logic still applies

TODAY IS THE DAY GUYS I CAN FEEL IT

eh, I was hoping you had stumbled upon leaks

kek

>tfw they'll surely waste at least one TODAY (not necessarily today's TODAY, but still) to announce that 4th race is Skaven, when everyone knows it already.

until next week then :^)

Don't you dare ..

Hopefully it comes with its own cinematic/intro video. I seriously doubt it'll be a "hey guys skaven are in, what a surprise!" on twitter.

>I seriously doubt
ah, such young and naive... you have seen nothing of the world yet.

>implying they won't wait until they're well into showing off different units of the other three factions until they release skaven.
Everyone knows the fourth race is skaven but that doesn't mean they won't play up the meme.

>but the same logic still applies

It doesn't, because when a Warlord gets a Rat Ogre Bonebreaker as a mount, he is still a single model - as are Franz and Leoncouer. Thanquol and Boneripper are two distinct models that can move and fight separately from each other (as long as Boneripper is within 12" of Thanquol), so they do not act in the same way as a mount at all.

>"We're not going to reveal the fourth faction yet guys! XDD"
>when literally everything points to skaven
>implying CA won't have a "big announcement" when the super secret fourth faction Skaven are announced.

Is there ever any reason to use high-tier units as dwarfs?

You can literally buff Dwarf Warriors with great weapons to be as strong as Black Orcs so I don't see the point.

So you can throw grenades at bitches without wasting slots on miners.

In infantry, no, not really.
Longbeards aren't much more expensive than dwarf warriors though.

Zharr-Naggrund goes back to like -3000 before sigmar