freemusicarchive.org

> Webm recording
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jlPF9_1VIso
twitter.com/reduzio/status/850896915801808896
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for I'm single and ready to fucking kill myself if I don't figure out how to do proper state machines today

What does a loli-jam entail and what's a loli?

This is AGDG's Loli Jam. In short, the theme of this Jam is cute little (anime) girls.

There are no restrictions about the genre etc. but try to make an effort and make a game where the loli's presence and her role make sense. And remember: Lolis shall not be sexualized, so NO LEWD STUFF.

>how to do proper state machines
Co-routines.

>can't decide what game to make
>paralyzed but indecision

random.org

>Godot 3.0 "alpha" in a few days!
>9 days ago

p-pls

>using design patterns for your personal project
Haha no wonder you kys

Not strictly video games, and more to do with social media, but...

youtube.com/watch?v=jlPF9_1VIso

A very long talk about what tactics apps and websites use to grab and retain attention, why they do it, why it works, implications for the future, AI, and so on.

I enjoyed it.

Last I heard was May/June most likely.

twitter.com/reduzio/status/850896915801808896

>why they do it
Money. Duh.

>going on vacation
>anywhere close to a big release
Now I'm sure it won't happen this month.

Good luck on your project today, user-kun!

Taking lessons from Notch

>Lolis shall not be sexualized, so NO LEWD STUFF.
That's kinda boring

idea guy here

sonichu the video game

Why don't you sexuallize them in a way so obscure no one can tell you're sexuallizing them? That sounds fun.

>stealing OC
lowest

Is... is CWC pregnant?

>the storytelling in my game will never come close to living up to the standards I want it to meet

why

even

bother

inb4 gameplay is all that matters, ignore story

Friendly reminder to use an engine if you want to finish your game

I'm not overlooking any built-in functions in GM:S for formatting a string so it'll fit in a textbox properly, am I? I don't mind writing a script to do it myself, but it seems like a common feature a lot of games would need so it's a little strange to be absent.

rollercoaster tycoon set in hell where you're trying to kill your customers as gruesomely as possible and they keep coming back for more

idea guy here

it's like katawa shoujo but with down syndrome

Why is it so hard for an artist like me to just find a programmer to work with? I just want my art in a game, why should it be so hard?

This ain't a bad idea.

What engine do I use?

Perfect. I'm you're art guy.

I'll help you user, email me and we can talk about stuff.
[email protected]

What art program do you use?

Thanks unity-chan, I'll make lots of progress with blueprints today!

kek

probably because your art is shit and i'd have to replace it in the end anyway so there'd be no point

Hey! We're a team of programmers looking for an artist.
A quick introduction so you know what you'd be getting into: there are ten of us, and each of us are working on the same game in several different engines for a concurrent release across several flavors of code. We're using everything; Unity, all four Unreals, GameMaker and 2, Godot, Pygame, all versions of RPGMaker including the PS2 release of the game, several dozen different small libraries in a number of languages, and six of us are simultaneously working on our own separate engines in sixteen dfferent languages including COBAL, Assembly, and raw machine code.
We only need one artist to make assets to be shared over all the different engines we're working on. We're willing to pay $500 upfront, then a commission per asset you make on top of an hourly salary as well as a 50% cut of all future profits once we release (since artists are the most valuable member of any gamedev team).
We're really flexible with the content, too. Do you have an email we can discuss this over?

Sorry, I'm not interested in working with those engines. Good luck though!

I'll program a game for you as long as you provide me with esoteric original memes every day.

Which ones? Did I mention we're also using the engine you're interested in working on? We also have a coder who's not even working on the game.

Sorry I'm not interested in working. Good luck though!

Oh, duh, it was built into draw_text_ext.

That sounds perfect! We also have a slot for an artist who won't work. It's an avant-garde west coast approach to gamedev we learned about in a seminar. The salary still applies. What's your contact email?

>Sorry I'm not interested. Good luck though!

Good luck on your project!

One of the requirements is not being interested and having good luck, so you fit the bill perfectly! We have a sign-on bonus if you post your email right now. It's good to see such enthusiastic team-building going on here in /adgddg/!

good morning agdg

but im already using an engine, and it still feels like an insane amount of work for the quality I want to achieve.(3d game)

What kind of game can you make in 1 hour without using an engine or any previous code?

Tell me and I'll do it.

I thought she had open-crotch panties from the thumb

>Global Rules
>13. Do not use avatars or attach signatures to your posts.

Fuck off.

can I apply?

I'm an anime triple nigger without enough free space on drive C:\

Wow I don't know what to say, I guess I have some concerns about your toolchain. I am going to remove myself from your considerations at this time, but I am deeply appreciative that you would consider me. Hoping the best for you and yours.

Regards
artist

A short text-based adventure entirely in the console.

Want to get b&?
Thanks unity chan. I just woke up.

Do you start everyday with everyone standing in a circle and you all take turns kicking the guy across from you in the sack?

>Want to get b&?

Is this a joke? I don't even care, just leave either way.

Static puzzle game, simple text adventure, quiz, clicker with placeholder graphics, text space lander simulator, you have a tons of choices really.

I've never played text adventures so I don't know what they're supposed to be like

tic tac toe
maze generator
text adventure
cookie clicker
breakout

>you notice a door, do you enter it?
>yes/no
> if yes, prompt scene 2
>if no, prompt scene 3
>etc

No.

Perfect. We've been looking for someone concerned with our toolchain, and we're implementing a more forceful approach where we don't actually give prospective artists a choice. Asking to be removed from our consideration put you at the top of our recruitment list. You're on the team, congrats!

Post email so we can send you your first assignment now that you're part of our studio.

Hey guys, Chad here again. Still looking for the following for my game:

- 4 programmers (C++ only)
- 5 3D artists (Blender only)
- 2 concept artists (GIMP only)
- 2 sound makers (Fruity Loops only)

My idea will redefine video games as we know it. I've had a few emails from people asking for the game concept prior to joining the team but I just can't give that information out in case it gets stolen. You'll have to sign a contract and NDA first.

As for payment, 40% of the total game's profit will be divided between the team.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you're interested

Good luck!

Chad

Im an investor, please PM me more details

the post says good morning, and it has a picture attached of someone standing and stretching while wearing bedclothes, as if they had just woken up, which would be when someone might say good morning

it's like as if the picture of the post is the one talking, speaking the line that is written in that same post

its as if it were an avatar on some gaia like shit

which, by the way, is a rule violation!

essentially, that post was an illegal post

>C++
>GIMP
>Fruity Loops
Go fcking kill yourself.
Fuck off namefag

Wow, ideaguy here, I know how to revolutionize videogames, for example I came up with a bunch of ideas to make Skyrim much better. I can't tell you what they are because someone will steal my ideas and profit from them, so surely you understand why I can't share with you anything I've done.

I'll contact you now.

I came here like month ago, and this general somohow managed to degrade sighnifically during only one month. WTF with you guys really?

anyone seriously looking for an artist?

yeah, post email

Fuck off.

how about you tell me about your game first so I know what I'd be getting into?

Yes, I'm looking for both artist and a programmer to make a game with. I have 5+ years of experience as game designer for my own ideas.

I'm working on your preferred genre in your preferred engine, and I'm not particularly interested in an artist right now. Post email and good luck.

>artist asks if anyone needs an artist
>doesn't post examples of work
love this meme

wtf are you talking about? do you need an artist or not?

hey guys i'm going to add networking to my agdg game

so naturally i will need your email address because game networking is email based networking

I do. I'm not interested in an artist, though. Good luck with your game. Post email.

post screenshot of art in your art program

/agdg/ in itself is some kind of an illusion in that it seems to get perpetually worse, but never crosses any critical treshold and implode.

Do devs that have become successful (like hopoo etc.) ever help out other AGDG devs who release their games by retweeting / somehow promoting their stuff?

>AGDG devs who release their games
You should become a standup comedian or something

so, do you think i have a promising carrer with your company?

I can unironically work with this.

Is crashing every 5 minutes part of Maya's workflow? What the fuck is wrong with this pile of dung. 3ds Max and Blender have never spit me in the face this hard.

i'm going back to mockups after the fiasco with the attack animations which look like shit so i'll have to redo them

Better proportions than gogem

I want to team up to make a visual novel

this art is shit though please delete it

Next step: Greenlight

shut up it's great

Love the workflow of all these proprietary programs.
It's become part of my workflow to restart Photoshop every 2 hours or so because it slowly leaks memory.
Still don't want to move to GIMP because of the lacking features and I've pretty much become vendor-lock-in'd with Adobe because I've learned to use all their products.

>prerenders blocks because he's too incompetent for perspective
>doesn't put any AA
nice job

i could put in anti-aliasing but having too many colours in the scene reduces performance

Why should the location be part of the dialogue window?

One month ago... Wasn't that during the poll wars? I doubt we are currently worse than we were at that point in time.

I keep telling myself this is bait but it still makes me mad

this is bait right?

>tfw 4/20 4:20

i don't even know if i need a location

it's a holdover from a previous thing where i was trying a bloodborne kind of thing
if you have more colours in the scene it takes gamemaker longer to draw the scene, this is common sense

Have you ever measured how much longer it takes?