/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(digital_video_recorder)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_Q
reddit.com/user/RealLibretro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

17:01 I mean you have some cocksucker like that on reddit who talks shit about us earning $800 a month
17:01 $800 isn’t fucking jack shit
17:01 a streamer can make $800 in a day
17:01 not a month

he's right. I lose $800 on a single hand of poker sometimes. it's really nothing.

Does any emulator for any system allow replacing its fonts?

I'm talking about replacing pixel fonts by more readable vector fonts or just high-resolution fonts?

(PPSSPP seems to allow something like that with a fontfix to restore native fonts)

I know about hooking text out with cheat engine but it doesn't work so well outside of visual novels.

Games usually use a bitmap for fonts, which means replacing the texture.

>Finish Awakening a couple of days ago
>Try Fates on Citra
>Works better and runs smoother
The fuck? Wasn't this supposed to be much worse?

so i haven't played with my emulator in a while, i used to play by using my DS3 controller together with motioninjoy, but now motioninjoy has suddenly decided it doesn't want to work anymore and i don't know what to do

any help? i found a program called "betterds3" but it does jackshit too

aaaaaand it decided to work right after i asked here, thank you DS3 for making me look like an idiot!

Wired 360 pad is like 15 bucks boyo, what are you doing.

Unless you playing older games witha
d-pad but still the DS3 is shit

if i'm gonna play some psx game, i want a psx controller

also yes, i'm that cheap

by the way, is it possible to damage your engine/transmission by fucking up downshifts?
not sure how deep the simulation model is

>psx
I want this meme to die

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(digital_video_recorder)

I never said no one called it the PSX but there is clearly a system defined as the PSX and it really isn't that hard ot type PS1 instead.

The difference is that none of those people were wrong, since a "PSX" wasn't the name of another product yet.
Once the PSX came to be, calling the PlayStation a PSX became incorrect.

Shame a few design flaws killed it. The outer shell looks very nice.

My friend, you are sick!

>See Also

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_Q

What the fuck is this abomination

Is Citra dead?

No, just progressing stupidly slow from all the bikeshedding.

Sort of. All the devs are keeping their stuff on their own local repos because they don't want people making unofficial builds off the stuff they're working on, so basically it is as good as dead until they decide to commit all the shit they've been working on. If they ever do.

It wasn't officially called the 'PSX'. I don't care what retard 'gaming' magazines and idiots like you call it.

Also the fact that originally games had the executable name psx.exe on the disc (later changed to it's ID).
Sony started it.

>It wasn't officially called the 'PSX'.
It LITERALLY was.
PSX was its codename. That's why it even emerged to begin with.
Also, most devs also used PSX instead of Playstation.

If you weren't an autist, you'd accept both PSX and PS1 as valid abbreviations.

And there goes your argument.

>ram AI shitter blocking your racing line during a rally
>5 second penalty
>overtake cleanly but get rammed on the corner exit
>nothing happens
fuck I hate it when games do this

Nope.

As you said those people are fucking idiots, there is a handful of title with which you have to still make sacrifices (like running with the main emulated CPU at 50% clockspeed or less) that run somewhat well rests runs like shit as expected.

>autist adress everybody telling him he's being autistic as one person

How are Disgaea emulations on RPC3? Last time I checked it was barely playable in 2015

It actually might be one of the few playables one, expect graphical issues still and I don't know how it will handle the localization introduced bugs if you want to play those versions.

They're not though, the PSX is a clearly defined different system

Does that mean I can start calling the Gamecube the Dolphin

Every PS2 emulator except hps2x64 is a goddamn meme

>lose argument
>a-autist! you're autistic! you have to be so I can win!

okay

>They're not though, the PSX is a clearly defined different system

A system that never existed in English speaking countries. Stay autistic my man.

For a meme PCSX2 works "well enough" still not very happy with the hacky design of it.
I wonder if we will ever get cycle accuracy in my life time. Obviously PCSX2 would have to be rewritten for that to be the case.
>Better UI too while your at it.

>A system that never existed in English speaking countries.
What does that matter?

>autistic
You still have no argument.
Sad.

Repost, pls help

I keep seeing all these idiots say that those handheld GPD's with fucking atoms chips can run Dolphin at full speed.

Is it that optimized now?

What about a 3rd gen i5 (laptop) with HD4000?
Would I be able to get 60 fps w/ native resolution on the popular games like wind waker, tales of symphonia etc?

You know with the time it took posting and waiting for an answer you could have downloaded and tested it yourself.

I'm stuck on school internet until finals end, don't wanna risk torrenting/pirating

Go for a DDL then.

first-gear hairpins are no fun unless you're a dorifto king

It means that PSX has always referred to the original Playstation in western countries and never to a Japanese-only DVR combo system that is a footnote in the Playstation brand.

There's no other word besides "autism" to describe your nonsensial aversion to calling the Playstation "PSX" even after getting told thousands of times that the DVR is not relevant.

>because they don't want people making unofficial builds off the stuff they're working on

Are they retarded?
It's an open source project.

Again, not worth the risk user

Haha

anti-PSX autists BTFO

see

You know i have never seen a sys admin for a school who is 100% on the ball when it comes to this shit. They only give a fuck if the school receives a legal complaint. Go for a DDL. If your that concerned rename the damn iso to Ubuntu. Emulators themselves are not illegal so your in the clear for that.

>large mass of proof gets posted of PSX referring to the PS1
>"but but muh obscure DVR no one talks about outside of PSX debates! I win the argument!"

How cute.

>handheld GPD's
Like the GPD Win? Ignore those shills, the GPD's are all memes. You're better off keeping emulation on PCs.

>Are they retarded?

Really makes you think

reddit.com/user/RealLibretro

Looks like SP is back on reddit and fired whoever was in charge of that RealLibretro account.

Great, we can expect some drama soon.

Will an SD card have read/write speeds fast enough to not be shit on a tablet or should I use a USB for my emulators/games?

It depends on the SD card and the SD reading hardware in your tablet.

I just realized I've started measuring time by how often I need to pee
Man GT4 is fun

>we can expect some drama soon.
DON'T TEASE US.
my gpd win is great. it's only gamecube that runs fullspeed, not all dolphin games.

Guess I'll just have to try it and see then.

Could you make it real drama this time not.
>he said something you disagree with and get butt hurt about
Because i all keep seeing is your personal grudge manifest. It also seems you are prone to sperging out at the wiki also.

You bastard.

GT4 in general hates savestates, for example if you do something that generates inconsistencies the game will detect it and nuke your data save for your car and the in game days if you try to save after having done inconsistencies.

>Better UI too while your at it.
First, that's not how you quote you retard, and second PCSX2 is already fantastic compared to dogshit such as Retroarch.

People actually arguing over PSX vs PS1.

Stay worthless emugen.

First, i was not quoting you retard, and second stop being such a fucking fanboy shit. Or are you going to claim that PCSX2 is cycle accurate?
I do like it, just there is problems or are you going to deny that to? It has a shit UI my opinion can't take it neck yourself.

>PCSX2 is already fantastic compared to dogshit such as Retroarch.
This is absolutely true; superior taste, user.

wimp babbies, not even once

It's not a matter of taste, it's a matter of PCSX2 having an actually usable GUI as opposed to having to put up with RA's awful XBMC shit, at that point manually editing .inis is easier and faster.

I guess it is true what they say about here. That was the most benign post here and you just sperged out at him.

>Or are you going to claim that PCSX2 is cycle accurate?
>reading comprehension
Please jump on a landmine you waste of air.

I sure as fuck don't want retards that misuse quotation marks in the thread, you either bully them or they'll start to multiply.

It is a matter of taste you dumb fucking WIMP tard
It ain't that hard to push up and down on your keyboard/controller.

It's a matter of functionality you dutch junkie autistic fuck embezzler, and nobody right in their mind would want to use an interface meant for consoles on a PC.

So calling the PlayStation PSX is like calling the Switch NX.

You're pretty much just admitting you're retarded.

My post was musing about cycle accuracy in the future. Not my fault if you can't take your own advice
>reading comprehension
Seems you need it to.
The UI is shit, sorry if that hurts your feelings. It looks like it came form 2005.
Sperging out this hard.
>multiply
Really? you are going this far with this? lol
Faggot, makes me want to do it more to trigger sperg attacks in you.
>user is a sperg

Also, I said that I prefer editing inis than using that dogshit, which is the exact opposite of being a WIMPtard.

>My post was musing about cycle accuracy in the future
And my point was entirely about you being a retard that misuses quotations marks and PCSX2 having a near perfect GUI especially compared to other emus. Kill yourself.

>misuses quotations marks
>Such a crime. People have been executed for less
If you can't tell that was sarcasm. Better follow your own rules with
>reading comprehension

>having a near perfect GUI
Yea it's perfect alright, perfect for the trash heap.

Oh and
>reading comprehension
Was not a quote at least be constant in your beliefs.

>perfect for the trash heap.
lolololololol
gud 1.
gud 1.
you said it bro. i play all my games in the terminal too.

If it were a matter of functionality, then no one would be able to use it even with a controller, which is obviously not the case. It's just that your brain is addled and can't adapt to different things, therefore it is in fact a matter of taste.

>lol u must be SP XDDD!!!1!!1

Fuck off.

>shilling this hard for PCSX2
Okay did they get the same Pajeet who is stalking SP?

I prefer text editing configs when creating templates for specific things. But the menu is 100% functional for general usage.

Give me a good reason to force WIMP users to use a cluncky as fuck interface, especially when you can achieve better functionality by editing ini files, SP. I'll be waiting.

Nice try SP false flagging like that. But we know its you.

If anything SP will defend all of his shit decision no matter what, even if he too knows that they make zero sense whatsoever. Such as not being able to change a core's settings unless you launch content. And the piece of shit refuses to launch you have to either reinstall, delete all of the settings, or surprise surprise, edit a configuration file.

That's exactly what SP would say. Nice try we are not buying it SP fuck of.

Okay SP.

You're not forced to use anything. Using RetroArch with command line launching and config editing is 100% viable (That's how Themaister used it). There's also multiple 3rd party launchers out there.

The fact is that the XMB menu is 100% usable with a keyboard or controller. Some people prefer not having to put down their gamepad or exit fullscreen mode to change any settings.

If you're wanting that Win32 menu bar interface expanded, go ask SP to put a bounty on it so it might attract someone who can add on to it.

Nice try SP.

You can ask him directly he is this post here

>Such as not being able to change a core's settings unless you launch content.

It can't see the core options unless the core is actually running. That's just a limitation of dynamic libraries.

>Refuses to launch

That's a bug that should be reported. At least you can recover by editing your config instead of being simply fucked because the settings were stored deep in the Windows registry like some software does.

Some of you people have anger management issues and I'm not just talking about SP

Yeah mudlord is a little bit on the crazy side too

Do any of the third party launchers fix the issue of having to launch content in order to be able to edit its settings via the GUI?

>If you're wanting that Win32 menu bar interface expanded, go ask SP to put a bounty on it so it might attract someone who can add on to it.
The awful GUI is one of the things about RA that people complained the most about until now, any sensible dev would've changed it years ago, the harm's already done, and if he does something about it only now and only because of the bounty system that will only achieve one thing - demonstrate how much of a slimey kike he is.

>It can't see the core options unless the core is actually running.
How about, I don't know, putting a simple option for launching the system's BIOS? That would also solve issues with managing the memory cards via external programs or even worse, other emulators.

>That's a bug that should be reported.
That bug has been talked about for at least sixth months, at least the once concernig mednafen PS1 HW OpenGL.

>At least you can recover by editing your config instead of being simply fucked because the settings were stored deep in the Windows registry like some software does.
And yet digging up the EPSXE config file via regedit is easier than using the RA GUI.

>demonstrate how much of a slimey kike he is.
To be honest i would rather him fix it now. Think what you like of the cunt and his "ethics".
All i care about is the end product. So yea put a bounty up.

Hi SP.

Nice try with the false flag SP.

>the harm's already done, and if he does something about it only now and only because of the bounty system that will only achieve one thing - demonstrate how much of a slimey kike he is.
You are an over dramatic tit you know that, even more than SP is.
Sperging out about kikes this is not /pol/.

>You are an over dramatic tit you know that, even more than SP is.
Tell that to the people on /v/ and other boards that refuse to use RA because of its GUI. I would too if it weren't for config files.

>Sperging out about kikes this is not /pol/.
Abloo bloo bloo I'm so sorry for breaching your safe space.

No. That's why there's an entire spectrum of SNES/PS1 hacks solely dedicated to replacing annoying monospace uppercase fonts with decent variable width fonts.

It's not about safe spaces. It's about you not looking like a drooling retard and shiting up the place.
Kike this kike that.
We get it he is a scumbag. Go fucking moan at his face in his IRC about it. Ranting here will do no good. Perhaps do something useful to hurt him and track down that proof of embezzlement. It would be funny to see him in a jail cell. Because of his "crime" of not fixing RAs interface. Among the fraud offences.
>Tell that to the people on /v/
I don't speak to the mentally retarded, but for you i will make it a 1 off.