Paid 12k for an 09 mustang gt premium with 56k mileage

>paid 12k for an 09 mustang gt premium with 56k mileage.

How'd I do?

Previous owner also added hurst short throw and cold air intake/throttle body

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27nzhXZnNJY
youtube.com/watch?v=t4zhn9mju9o
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp8FsoRYWYK4pTloHwQbmUqG9MEsm_JQH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

meh

Bit high, but like you said, 56k.

its okay, not great.. but they're good cars.

11-12 gt's though are crushing the 05-10 values hard though every year as they get cheaper. can already find 60-90k mile nice 11 gt's for 15-17k. Coyote cars killed the used market for the 3v 4.6 cars.

The new edge cars though are holding value strong - mostly because people like their looks and they make great build platforms whether LS swap or keeping a ford motor.

I agree. Although id like a 5.0 they were all above my budget. The cheapest 2011 I found was around 16k. I'm also 22 in college so I don't want to finance

I'm in the same boat dude

that extra 100hp isn't worth the cost to me, especially since I'm more of a track guy.

Putting a fraction of the difference between the cost of my car and a used coyote on suspension, brakes and tires and I'm able to hustle past them on the road course

No you don't, a 2011GT would smoke you lol, even a V6 with the track package would pretty much BTFO you

>How'd I do?

You did fine. Stangs tend to hold their value well, and certain models appreciate as well. 09 was a good year.

the stang deuces are hard to find but they are collector value if in decent shape and not too many mods. Mine has an aftermarket dizzy and I swapped the tranny but other than that it's close to ment condition.

>tfw the only mustang you like is the sn95
It's more nostalgia than anything. Being in HS and watching some dude show up in one had every kid running to it.

Yeah well said. So far what are your favorite pros and cons with This model/generation?

T. Doesn't know a damn thing about road course tuning

>or keeping a ford motor
The 460 fits nicely and makes decent power.

>that extra 100hp isn't worth the cost to me

Thats fine, but don't try to rationalize it like your slower car is faster/better just because of a few suspension upgrades.

People who simply cannot afford newer models always try to over rationalize

You did ok

I have an 06 in the same color. Glass roof option? Nice. As long as it's got a clean title and wasn't wrecked or in a flood I'd say you did really well.

>ls swap
>mustang
Ask me how I know you have no idea what you're talking about.

>Drop the shitty 2v
>Put in literally any LS for instant gains
If it were a 3 or 4 valve motor it'd be worth wrenching on but 2valves are just straight up shit.

Ford makes trash, it's nothing new.
They even had to steal mazda tech for ecoboost

Then why get a mustang in the first place you cretin?

Boomers

Coyotes are just too expensive for the power they make

breddy good, s197s can actually turn with some suspension upgrades and those 4.6's can have an amazing sound.

I have an 06 GT. I bought it for $9900 back in 2015. I could have bought it for $9700 but I wanted the guy to throw in his wheels.. 93k miles, stick, fully loaded. Back then, Coyotes went for $18-19k back in 2015.

I cammed it, put full exhaust with long tubes and did the air intake. Pulls nice and hard now but could be faster. It was only $2,000 for all those mods including the tuner so it wasn't that bad.

Looks nice. The 3v responds well to bolt ons -- get a tuner, underdrive pulleys and cmcv delete plates, lower it an inch and you'll have a really fun daily that can also be a blast at the track

Torch red is best red

Still slower than a chevy. You fucked up

mustangs in australia still all priced over 30 thousand including 2nd hand

Did you notice a difference with the plates and pulley? no bullshit

I've done all the bolt ons except those.

Yes and yes -- revs up faster with the ud pulleys and has a bit more top end with the delete plates. Do you have long tubes? I don't have those yet

You should've got the 04 cobra with the 22 sitting on chromes

You got cucked

Yes, I have long tubes. JBA 3" long tubes. They were a colossal bitch to install on the car man. They leaked so I had welded at the collector, H and end for like $40 as well. Pro tip.... buy a ratcheting open end wrench with a flexible head. You will save A LOT of time. Even if you fucking have to return it once you are done with it. How many miles are on your car?

I'm thinking of adding an FRPP intake manifold ( I can get it for free ) and steeda UD.

Right around 80k miles. How's the fitment on the jbas? You said they leaked -- bad clamps/gaskets or you just get a bad header?

Something I've noticed is almost EVERYONE will have fitment issues with headers. Why? Because they are all so close to things like the steering coloum, control arm bolts, tranny bell housing etc etc. No car is going to have the same exact spacing in all these. Some people get lucky and have no fitment issues. I didn't have any fitment issues. My issues was very, very minor rubbing against the steering coloum when the steering wheel was turned all the way to the left and an control arm bolt. I simply dented them a little bit the proper way with a blow torch and bar. No, it doesn't effect performance at all.

They leaked because I warped the collector. I got mad as fuck and forced the midpipe into the collector at a bad angle. Again, I fixed it later on easily though.

The gaskets are fine. The collectors at the head are perfect. The collector to the mid pipe is what I warped.

Anyways, here's what is sounds like with flowmaster outlaws. It sounds much better in person. Very throaty.

youtube.com/watch?v=27nzhXZnNJY
youtube.com/watch?v=t4zhn9mju9o

You are officially a douchebag.

>track guy
>mustang

LOL

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp8FsoRYWYK4pTloHwQbmUqG9MEsm_JQH

That's nice, I was looking at getting a catted h pipe when I go with long tubes

What wheels?

I have videos on youtube of me blowing past stock coyotes on the road course, power means nothing. It's about driver skill more than anything, and I'm not even that good. Also the 2011 v6 track package meme means nothing because anyone who tracks their mustang replaces all the components that are different on the track package anyway, with ones that are far superior.

pros: low price, easy to maintain, cheap to modify, very reliable
cons: horrible interior, benchracing faggots who have never seen the track in their life talking smack on a vietnamese basketweaving forum

never said it was better, but value wise for me and OP (both early 20's in college) spending that much money for more power isn't worth it.

Common cheap track day staples (miatas, k20 civics/integras) don't really do it for me. Mustangs are good cars to learn on, but I don't intend to drive one forever.

American Muscle 10th Anniversary Cobra Wheels, 18x10. Discontinued, bought them on clearance for $70/piece

To be fair, the performance package has good 3.31 gears, those qre not too short and no too long Wich is perfect for a lot of tracks, plus a decent anti Sway bar and struts.
Other than that yeah, also I think the V6 has better weight distribution so it's more agile around corners.

Herro fellow S197'ers

Hey I have jba's. Had no fitment issues around the engine but the collectors don't line up. I did the install myself

Feels good

nice pinto

nice buspass

Perfect time for Dodge to bring in the Challenger.

>benchracing faggots who have never seen the track in their life talking smack on a vietnamese basketweaving forum
Nice way to sum up Veeky Forums.

Not bad imo, just get the cats out and get a good tune. Also fix that sub 2000 rpm throttle lag shit or kys.

Car looks clean man, enjoy

Cash or finance?

>good 3.31 gears

nigger what 3.31's are long as hell. most guys find 3.73's to be the sweet spot with mustangs for the road course

It depends, 3.73s can be too short for some tracks because then you need to be constantly shifting in between corners, while longer gears can let you stay in 2nd and corner while staying in the power band more easily.

S197 reportin in

Anyone who is arguing about tracking these cars is retarded

t. someone who has never driven a mustang on the track

I don't think you understand how tall 3.31's are in a mustang

And you don't seem to understand just how much time are you waisting by consistently making shifts at lower speeds.
Anyways, maybe the middle ground is the best, 3.55s not to talk and not too short.

Personally iove driving through back roads with lots of curves while only shifting between 2 and 4 gear, 2nd gear is tall enough to be usable in thight corners.

I run 3.55's on a pretty technical course where most guys are running 3.73's and 4.10's.

Yeah I can stay in one gear between some corners where other guys have to shift but they have the brutal acceleration out of corners.

Theres a reason Ford fits 3.73's to all their track package GT's and most road racers run 3.73's and 4.10's.

Stock gearing (3.31 and 3.55) is just too tall to get decent acceleration

>fake hood scoop
>chrome
>hood pins
>FAKE BREMBO BRAKE COVERS LOL
>spinners on chrome wheels
>side exit exhaust

jesus dude your car is the epitome of tacky, and you're calling people who run REAL brembos on their cars retards yeah ok lol

Anyone own one of these and drive in Canada or a northern state? I have a RWD B3000 and winter was a little sketchy at times but I made it without any weight but the snow in the bed and blizzak's. But theres a huge difference in power and torque between my truck and one of these. I really really want one, but I'm worried it's gunna be a massive bitch to deal with in the winter. Anyone got any first hand experience with winter driving these things in a fairly heavy snow fall environment?

Veeky Forums will tell you snow is just a meme and nit pick YouTube videos. Mustangs are shit in snow

I live in canada and drive a mustang, it's totally fine with the right tires.
Just use common sense and be easy on the throttle, that's it.