BMW set to unveil a completely electric 3 series to compete with the Model 3. How is tesla going to compete?

BMW set to unveil a completely electric 3 series to compete with the Model 3. How is tesla going to compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

hybridcars.com/volkswagen-wants-to-beat-tesla-with-china-providing-the-competitive-arena/
youtube.com/watch?v=fxe_b2GRwok
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By still continuing to put recharging stations outside of Arby's.
BMW BTFO!

Since the 3er was designed for ICE
By having a much longer range and being lighter/faster.

>How is tesla going to compete?
By moving more of its production to China. It already has been building a gigafactory there.

Tesla can't compete. Most BMWs are much more luxurious and sporty than a Tesla. They beat Tesla in the most important categories.

Tesla has the advantage of not having a history of making sporty ICE cars.
Designing a car purely made to be electric
Having lots of experience in making electric cars.

bmws
every basic bitch wants either a bmw or a Bentley the only difference between you and them i hope is that you know one is 30k and the other is 300k

tesla has much more unique styling, the bmw just looks like a regular car nothing special

Tesla just copied Jaguar's styling. First few times I saw a Tesla I thought it was a Jag.

Tesla will get BTFO because the BMWs interior doesnt look like someone glued an ipad into a 10 year old hyundai. Not to mention that badge whores wont buy a Tesla.

>every basic bitch wants either a bmw or a Bentley
So it becomes "I'm pregnant! It's time to get a bmw SUV for the baby!"

VW’s brand chief Herbert Diess says he’s confident it will reach its target of selling one million PEVs per year in 2025 and that the I.D. family of vehicles will position the VW brand to take the mantle away from Tesla.

Volkswagen I.D. cars will be able to match what Tesla models can do and “in some cases more,” Diess said.

The German automaker is ready to offer them at a price lower than the upcoming Tesla Model 3.

hybridcars.com/volkswagen-wants-to-beat-tesla-with-china-providing-the-competitive-arena/

Musk has said that China will someday become the electric automaker’s top market. It's why Tesla is in talks to build a gigafactory there. Because the USA taxpayer subsidize so much of Tesla, it's like those USA taxpayers are indirectly paying for the construction of gigafactories outside the USA.

That will make Tesla the car of choice for roasties.

This

>Designing a car purely made to be electric

Max Kek

I dont understand, is that design supposed to be a bad thing or something?

>not making cars before is an advantage

BMW has chassis and suspension design pros

tesla has "idk make the shocks softer so it's comfy? also make sure the batteries can't be punctured and it's good enough". not mentioning their automobile interior design "experts" here.

Guess he missed >one of the following methods
and think you have to pull the cables every time to open it.

youtube.com/watch?v=fxe_b2GRwok

You can do this on a Porsche as well btw

>I dont understand, is that design supposed to be a bad thing or something?
That means the hood for the tesla can be opened up anywhere including a parking lot.

Open it up and you see the official tesla tag "Cut Here" to disable power to the car. Does it also cause the electric locks to unlock the doors too? In a good car design, it would do that too in order to allow people to get inside.

kinda dumb.
if you're gonna put a mechanical safety system, why waste weight on the electric motor to move it in the first place?

Although the external release system allows vandals to open up the Tesla without any keys or fob needed, it is necessary in case of accidents or other problems causing malfunctions in the electrical system. Cutting the power also turns off the automated re-lock of the doors in case a rescuer is trying to open the car up.

>No traditional engine
>Sacrificing the engine entirely for additional storage space
Real smart.

>you have to pull the cables every time to open it.
Protesters on a discrimination protest march can open up the teslas easily.

By having superchargers everywhere. Where are you going to charge your Bmw?

By having superchargers everywhere. Where you going to charge your Bmw?

This.
No other automakers have the kind of charging infrastructure Tesla has, and it's only going to expand rapidly.

>tfw wanna work in bmw's EV division and maybe steer them back to the e46 era in my own small way
>tfw don't speak german and ALL their r&d is in germany and the entire recruiting website is in german

If EV really takes off as fast as people think it will after the Model 3 launches, gas stations will just start adding superchargers. I can't imagine they don't already have plans ready.

the tricky part is running the electrical lines, they need to be pretty beefy

unless they go for solar panels and large battery packs which is also valid but more expensive

They will no longer be free for new buyers after 12/31/17. ;^)