Can someone red pill me on Mercedes-Benz...

Can someone red pill me on Mercedes-Benz? I am looking to upgrade to my first real "luxury car" in the coming months and I have mainly been looking at BMW but I feel like BMW has ruined their brand image by flooding the market with all these certified pre-owned 3 series so it doesn't mean shit to own a beamer these days. Benz on the other hand has retained that high-society status that I am looking for. What models in the Benz line up are similar to BMW's 5 or 7 series? All bullshit aside, the AMG line looks superior in every way to anything BMW puts out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zq18J6wrbLU
youtu.be/mAgY6A3RPcU
youtu.be/ZPJ64sTa7KI
youtu.be/XV9rJwEOCus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

buy a miata you fag

overpriced leasemobiles
E/S = 5/7

Enjoy impossible to fix issues, paying out the ass for parts and everything and the most retarded "German engineering" you could possibly imagine. US Mercedes aren't made in Germany they're shitty amalgamations from China and even thing you wouldn't use the word "quality" with.

Real Beemer and Mercedes in Germany are top tier

From what I understand, a lot of the reliability issues can be avoided by either purchasing certified pre-owned which has a full warranty up until 100k miles or leasing.

Well that's any car really.

Also that 100k mile warranty is probably only on the power train, the one part of the car that definitely isn't going to go bad

>"the most retarded 'German engineering' you could possibly imagine.
we're not talking about Audi, though

ah the "issues" meme

why can't everyone realize there's not some mysterious contraption designed to create issues. mercs have water pumps and fuel injectors just like any other fucking car not some fucking 'issue modulator'. just maintain it like any other car and its fine. if you have any decently paying job (unlike you most of the spergs here) you should be fine

>What models in the Benz line up are similar to BMW's 5 or 7 series?
Roughly speaking E-class is competitor 5 series, S-class is competitor 7 series and C-Class is competitor 3 series.

Protip: older Mercedes' (early 90s or earlier) are very reliable and "over engineered" in a good way and newer Merc are getting pretty good and reliable as well. However be vary of mid 90 to mid 2000s Mercedes's they are the shitty ones your meme pretty much applies to. They feature shitload of electronic gremlins that can partially be blamed for being the first ones with all kinds of unneeded electric systems meaning the technology wasn't perfected yet and partially from the Daimler Chrysler merger that means there are some Chrysler parts in there that aren't as good as their own ones. Also if live anywhere were winter and salt on roads are a thing pic related will become very familiar to you. This is due to some regulations from the time that forced them to replace the thick layers of "toxic paint" of older Mercs with thin more environment friendly ones and they also started using worse quality of steel at the time for some reason. W210 and later W202s are infamous for being rust buckets and the former probably is the worst Mercedes you can buy.

>high-society status

>Mercedes Benz

Get a Cadillac or a Volvo

CTS = e class
CT6 = in between E/S class

S90 = E class

S90 is indeed pretty cool.

Cadillac is cooler

Almost like the Germans know the kind of people who buy their cars and are out to extract as much money as they can from them...

It's not some issues meme, people have lived through it. Lease those things new and make sure you never see it again once you're done with the lease. Anything more than that, you're asking for trouble.

Maybe so, but unless they offer something like the warranty Hyundai did when they wanted to win back their reputation, I won't touch one with a 10' pole (3m for those of you elsewhere)

Wrong.

If Mercedes is the frying pan, Cadillac is the fire...

>Cadillac is the fire
Lit AF?

Get an Aston Martin DB-9 unless your poor.

>Projecting

Mercedes died when Chrysler bought them in 1996, hence the most dogshit models to come out since then

honestly your over paying for shitty quality products but if your looking to buy a "luxury car" your already not too bright to begin with so you must have money more than brains in which case i say go and spend it and make the shareholders happy

Don't listen to these know-nothing poorfaggots, get an E55 and mod it

>niggerlac

nice car, grandpa

>high status

>Mercedes died when Chrysler bought them in 1996

No, Mercedes bought Chrysler, and it became Daimler-Chrysler. They cut costs by by sharing parts. This tarnished Mercedes's reputation, but it has been recovered after dumping Chrysler in order to kill the sharing parts strategy.

Buy used from carmax and get the warranty.

Merc made the bottom list in 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=zq18J6wrbLU

the key for my 2005 c240 mercedes is $250. If the key stops working you have to order a new one. It takes a week for the key to get shipped from Germany on top of that $250, and the key can break simply by dropping it from waist height.

>CLA

What do you expect? 30K benz with cramped back seat cuz it is a 'sporty-coupe' sedan.

>Cadillac Escalade

Yeah... Glorified suburban is still suburban, pos suv for niggers.

>too many fiat/chrysler models

topkek See that comment:

>Italy's most unreliable brand and America's most unreliable brand go together and boom you get this

Worst video and list.

>real luxury car
>merc

Get a Bentley or a Rolls-Royce you pleb.

T O R Q U E
O
R
Q
U
E

E Class Coupé is hot af

Shitskin cars

>redpill me on Mercedes
Literall garbage for badge whores
youtu.be/mAgY6A3RPcU
youtu.be/ZPJ64sTa7KI
youtu.be/XV9rJwEOCus

The only good luxury cars are Genesis and Lexus

>genesis

Oh come on. They aren't as gay as Miatas. Maybe as gay as V6 Mustangs.

>being this retarded
You probably like Mercedes

wew lawd. Bentley truly is the greatest car brand out there. if only it could run on the tears of poorfags.

>genesis

Opinion disregarded

car of choice for niggers and senile old men

This sounds like a low-key BMW hate thread, but anyways, the red pill on Mercedes-Benz is that they're great cars with a premium price tag. They're no doubt THE best in its luxury segment with the AMG line pumping out good engines, good interiors, and good exhaust notes.

We can all agree MB vehicles are expensive, but hey, you're fucking buying a Luxury brand. You can whine all you want, they're not gonna lower the price because other people can afford it. If you whine and bitch about the price, look elsewhere, BMW, Audi, Merc, and even Lexus might not be for you.

Maintanence wise, as long as you don't drive like a goddamn retard, it will be fine. Yes, maintenance is pricy (oil change is like 100 bux or some shit at dealers), but again, its a luxury vehicle so deal with it you poor fuck poser.

tldr; MB makes great vehicles at a premium price tag. If you have to bitch about the price and maintenance cost, you can fuck off.

If you can afford to buy a new mercedes every 4 years, buy a new mercedes. If you cannot buy a new one every 4 years, don't even think about it, and buy a used Lexus.

MB is the best high end car on the road (except specialty high line makes like Bently obviously). Bmw and audi make nice cars, but only owning a MB will make you forget about owning anything else.

If you're changing cars every 4 years, just lease it. And BTW, the engineers who calculate parts life are keenly aware that's what most people are doing with those kinds of cars. It only needs to last 4 years before breaking...

>so it doesn't mean shit to own a beamer these days. Benz on the other hand has retained that high-society status that I am looking for.

>Buying a car so people think you will have a big dick

Wow what a loser.

You can buy keys cheaper online. My toyota key was 180 from the dealer + 150 for programming. The key fob would have been 100 + 80 for orogramming. I just bought the proper key from amazon for $30 and got it cut for $2 and diy programming.

>posting one of the ugliest mercedes ever made that isnt even produced anymore trying to prove a point

Sperg more over a brand that you'll never be able to afford

I drive my Mercedes for 10 years now and never dropped my e-key and never had to order a new one

Guess I need to be American for doing something so retarded