Starcraft Broodwar General

Discord:
discord.gg/BfXq9y3

First Person Videos of Pros playing
teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/429855-recommended-fpv-games-post-kespa

Strategy Guides / Build Orders
wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Strategy

ASL and SSL are currently ongoing. A janky Proleague is also starting soon.

Afreeca Starleague casted by tastosis (currently Ro24 finished)
youtube.com/channel/UCK5eBtuoj_HkdXKHNmBLAXg/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=va1bAn1z9Tk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

POWER OVERWHELMING

I feel like this thread is going to be raided by the kpop gen, we'll see good luck OP

just because someone is an scv doesnt mean that theyre a kshit too you fucking newfuck imbecile

dont be so rude okay thanks

WAARGGHh

youtube.com/watch?v=va1bAn1z9Tk

I forgot how much I love Brood War. I'm replaying the campaign this weekend. Any suggestions for custom campaigns?

Are any of you decent? Looking for a consistent practice partner for late afternoon EST that's around the B-/B level. I play Terran.

I'm still trying to re-memorize hot keys

how to mass load units

Shift click

There really isn't that many hotkeys

6 weeks till remaster

>First time playing in 8 years
>The menu music
>Use map settings game lobbies for Cat 'n Mouse, Helms Deep, Crash RPG and Sunken D

I feel like I'm home

just hop in the discord there are a lot of good player in here and they play lots of in houses

not him but I'll hop in and do nothing but read, it's not like I am any good at this game.

I kind of wish they wouldn't tweak the designs and art direction with the remaster. Should be interesting nonetheless, but I loved the grungy, muddy and harsh elements in the old artwork - kind of feels too safe and generic or even soulless with the new sprites.

The workload was probably insane. So many sprites to redo in 4k

Diablo 2 HD is gonna take them forever.

Can you custom keybind to allow you to group units to letter keys?

>Diablo 2 HD

I would absolutely love it, I dont know why they would do it , I dont know either why they did SCR but I guess it being a multiplayer game at heart and having a very dedicated player base is a good thing, I mean the hardcore D2 players who still play today will just go 'meh a $15 cash grab', while others casuals or new d2 players definitely wont stick to the game, kinda like scr

Its probably at least as much work as remastering SC, but for what? other than wanting to please the old crowd but thats not what a company does.

They had custom hotkeys but removed it this patch. It might come back soon but they are testing things and making sure korean pros are okay with it.

Hopefully we get the option to play games with more than 8 players.

They have announced they will be remastering Diablo 2, warcraft, and broodwar

I wonder if the 4 observer slots are counted as player 9-12

The only thing id want it to be able to hotkey units to a few unused letters, im pretty comfortable with BW hotkeys but as a macro player i really like my numbers to be production.

I missed BW so fucking much.

>korean pros are okay with it.

implying a bunch of dudes are telling blizz what do do
I get they're pro players but still

That would be sweet.

they really didnt say anything, all there is about d2 HD is some guesses about random diablo pictures they showed at blizzcon.
dont get me wrong I'm aboard the train too but if they officialy announced something we would know.

except they literally said

"A team to restore old games to glory"
"working on diablo 2, warcraft 3, and Starcraft"

where you there ?
because I wasnt and I heard the same and I dont understand why they wouldnt hype it up

Anyone play MTG ums?

I haven't played SC since around 2009, am I gonna get destroyed online?

probably

most people are shit at broodwar

if you start now you will rape in remastered

there was literally a job listing up for this shit
they're doing all three games

hello friends, i've never played starcraft before. Just got into it now that it's free. How do i start getting good with the mechanics?

Don't bother. Just stack 10 hotkeys of mutas in a pile, and steamroll whatever. It's more fun.

I don't know. Every time I don't defend my base I get rushed and destroyed, every time I defend it I don't get rushed.