Just bought one of these. How fucked am I?

Just bought one of these. How fucked am I?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AYS-8qLtpx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We Gran Turismo 2 now.

Enjoy your absolutely beautiful JDM classic. More than anything though good luck with rust and enjoy getting over the fact that the RB20 doesn't have much of an aftermarket to it and it's slower than you expect.

The one I ended up getting has pretty much every engine mod I would ever want to do (which isn't much) and felt noticeably faster than the stock ones I test drove.

It's the first car I have ever bought that has not a single spot of rust anywhere. Hopefully I can keep it that way.

Mine had metal from a transit van welded in place because it was the only thing close to the original shape the shop could get hold of. Ended up looking perfect in the end honestly but I'm pretty sure Nissan have started making legacy parts from the 32s now?

Enjoy your rust free car.

I'm enjoying both of mine.

what do you think of the truck? I was thinking of picking one up, they look perfect for quick hops to town. The only issue is I wouldn't be able to drive it in the winter.

Why? Mine gets driven in winter... it's AWD.

It's a good truck, but it's still an old vehicle, it will need lots of maintenance.

Also if you have to drive faster than 80kmh, forget about it.. they're absolute shit on a highway.

truck a cute

what's it called?

Honda Acty.

>Why? Mine gets driven in winter... it's AWD.
I live in NY, the salt they put on the roads here would murder it.

>It's a good truck, but it's still an old vehicle, it will need lots of maintenance.
what are the usual problem areas?

What'd ya pay? I plan on getting one soon

I live in Ontario dude... you get your shit under coated and it's fine.

Everything breaks on them... Get a fuel injected one, save yourself the headache.. oh wait.. USA... remember you're buying a 25+ year old vehicle... We can get 15 year old ones in Canada, yesss, wanna buy my 1991?

lol cant turn

This is not the mustang thread.

>be r32
>understeer into a ditch

Thats's a GT-R and GTS-4 issue innit?

no lol

>t. crunched a front end up on a mountain

WHY THE FUCKING GTS

ARE YOU A HOMO

I can import a 91 Wrx for 6k. Good idea or no?

Kek I really thought it was an issue with the 4WD, shit. Good to know.

Not fuckin 91, that was the GTR. I forget the year since I closed the page. 92 I think. I have to double check

Get an STI, go big or go home.

Also... 6K seems like a lot... I'm sure you can find like an 02 STI for that price in Burgerland.

I traded a bike for my STI, otherwise I'd still be riding Supermeme-o WR450.

GTS - 7 grand
GTR - 20+ grand

we didnt get the sti until 2004 iirc

Lmao look at this poorfag

>pretending to be wealthy on an anonymous image board
Post bread on your hood, faggot.

They're decent cars, but getting old these days so keep a reserve of cash for repairs. Keep the RB20, it's God's engine.

Pic is mine

What did you use to delete the rear wiper?
And damn those zip ties

The big grommet is from the trunk floor, exact same size as the window hole. The smaller one is a random interior push pin I stole from somewhere else in the car, with clear silicone to seal it, 5 years later and it's still water tight

I want coilovers and a front lip. Do they even make a decent lip for the non-gtrs?

>RHD
>in a LHD country
why even bother

How are you allowed a RHD vehicle in your part of the world?

It's probably not as much of an issue in North America where all roads are paved wide and multi-lane, but I'd have a heart attack trying to do overtakes on tiny European country roads with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

By paying 50% insurance surcharge.

We have a 2004 Impreza, $120/month~

The 96 STI is $184/month~

In our country, LHD vehicles has to be 30 years or older to be driven on our roads otherwise it has to be converted to RHD.

There is no such thing as a LHD vehicle that came in a cooler/better version than any RHD vehicle.

Unless you count USDM Trucks, but who cares when you can get a Toyota Hilux.

Also, Canada it has to be 15 years or older, and USA is 25 years or older to import a vehicle from outside of North America.

There is actually a place that opened fairly recently, about five minutes from were I live that is an importer and convertor of USDM trucks like Tundras, Silverados, F250s and Dodge Rams. The only thing is that they cost well over $100k to buy!

you did great
once you realise you gotta rev the fuck outta an rb20 you realise its fun as fuck
yeah they have
>im an autistic retard therefore its the entire model of car's fault
are those the stock wheels or gtr wheels? Im having trouble getting my stock wheels to sit flush with the fender

I actually drive my cars hard, so shit happens every once in a while

>are those the stock wheels or gtr wheels? Im having trouble getting my stock wheels to sit flush with the fender
They're GTSt wheels. Color me surprised that a new Skyline owner doesn't know shit about the car he bought and wants to shit talk.

Is there such thing as LHD Skyline?

Yeah, they're called Infiniti G35/37

Just stockers painted black, they're slate gray now though. You can get 20mm spacers for the stock wheels, but they'll still look goofy because they're too narrow.

>importing an illegal car into Burgerland

I guess you could say OP ... is finished

youtube.com/watch?v=AYS-8qLtpx0

they're legal now you fucking retard

They never were illegal, just not able to get them registered for road use.

How old are you and who are you with for insurance? I really wanna pick up a nice RHD Bugeye but the fucking insurance feels impossible to find. I know Right Drive did the whole "RHD club" and they were using cornerstone or cornerbrook for insurance and I contacted them and they told me they werent quoting cars unless the car was already in possession.

Right Drive is a fuckin' scam.

Call Mitchell and Whale, or Blake Trickey, ask what company they're quoting... Facility if you're under 25 or under 10 years driving experience.... Aviva if you have more than 10 years experience.

I'm 28, had my license for 5 years.

What's your premium like for the GC and whats your record like? I'm 23, 1 ticket for 15 over last year and an at fault 5 years ago, rates aren't insane for a newish car but aren't fantastic either.

No rate-able tickets... no accidents.

$184/Month Full coverage, Liability only is like $6/Month less...

I get the feeling it's gunna be pretty far out of my price range then. I know once you hit 25 your insurance drops pretty heavily and by then my ticket will be off and my accident wont really play a huge role on the premium. 1 and a half more years of driving a hoopty. I'll give those folks you listed a call tomorrow and see what numbers they throw just in case it's not too bad. Cheers man!

It'll be a whole new story by then... never know what company is gonna give you a reasonable rate.

Honestly, just look for a clean USDM Bugeye... they're not THAT rare...

But I guess you want a RHD one because they're cheaper to buy?

Guy down the street from me drives a 98 Evo V... he was paying over $500/month for insurance... he's 23, now paying $340/month, but he lives at home with Mom and Dad...

His Evo is super clean too, makes my STI look like a scrap pile. Really my STI just needs some dents fixed and a good polish.

I'm 18 and looking at importing either an FC or an R32 Gts-t. I have about 6-7k to spend on it. I emailed Pacific coast auto and they sent me this picture with a cost breakdown for a car that costs 300,000 yen. Given that I have a little more money to spend, do you think I could do it? I'm more leaning towards an FC because it's becoming impossible to find a non-swapped or non-trashed turbo one here in America.
It would be my only car, but I don't really need a super reliable car because I live on campus and can pretty much walk everywhere. How much would I be looking at for insurance? I've heard that it's cheap to insure rhd cars in America, but that might not be true.
I live in South Carolina.

Forgot picture

Senpai. You live in SC and want a JDM FC? Hit me the fuck up because I got one. 98000 Km on it

I think the cheapest I’ve seen an 04 STI (first year in the US) was around $14k, and then you’re getting a crazy high mileage one that’s got a salvage title.

T.burger

Sheeit that looks nice as fuck. How much?
How many cars do you have imported?

$7500 I'll deliver the thing to you in an enclosed trailer. It's the second car I've imported, 1st one being my GTR.

Straight up, it does have some issues
>AC not blowing cold
>passenger window quit, but clicks
>front left fender dented, and a cut in the bumper in front of it

That's true, we can only hop the gov't does something about the fucking stupid monopoly these companies have here in Ontario. What BC has seems to work, even though a lot of them balk at it, they pay less than us and less hassle getting RHD on the road.

It's kinda feeling that way, and the clean ones are wayyyyy over priced. Subi tax is unreal here, I'm sure you've seen buddy trying to sell his bugeye WRX for 13.5 on GTA subaru parts? Thats exactly why I want RHD though, price is a ton cheaper and I can pick up an STI instead of just a WRX.

That's nuts, I'm willing to bet though that it's under his parent's name and he's listed as a secondary and paying both premiums... You don't live in the Simcoe area do you? I see a young guy driving around up here with a Blue EVO V, and he's had it for a while, I know he's around my age.

Nope, near Guelph.

He pays his own insurance... He imported the car too.

you're a cunt. and you're not special. No one likes you in life or on this board. No one is with you in your shit opinion of cars based on how much they cost.

You bought a shitty meme and probably overpaid if you're stateside wew

backing up into rhd drive thru's is a fucking awesome feeling

>being autistic enough to not buy a car you like because you might have to "overpay"
wew.

What the fuck, buy one from Canada then... they're cheaper than that up here, but still expensive in my opinion.

Also, just a little hint, even though we have "Private" insurance in Ontario, the government controls the rates...