/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 21th:
753 BC – Romulus founds Rome.
1506 – The three-day Lisbon Massacre comes to an end with the slaughter of over 1,900 suspected Jews by Portuguese Catholics.
1802 – Twelve thousand Wahhabis under Abdul-Aziz bin Muhammad, invaded city of Karbala, killed over three thousand inhabitants, and sacked the city.
1863 – Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith, declares his mission as "He whom God shall make manifest".
1925 – The Manifesto of the Fascist Intellectuals is published in Il Mondo, establishing the political and ideological foundations of Italian Fascism.
1926 – Al-Baqi cemetery, former site of the mausoleum of four Shi'a Imams, is leveled to the ground by Wahhabis.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Please no more nigger tier W&B posts.

Is militancy good if you're uncivilized? Victoria 2 HPM

k lads.

What's the comfiest EU4 nation?

Wales.

La Plata

BASED

Comfy as in peaceful and no large wars, or a fun but not frustrating challenge?

Why did Paradox make EU4 so Eurocentric?

One of the Incan nations

Kiche
drinking coco is comfy

no

Any large colonial nation.

>England
>Russia
>Castile

England/Japan.
>lots of events
>ebin navy and on an island so can't be occupied
>can go off and colonise the rest of the world whilst ignoring the continent
>can develop provinces tae fuck to create an economic superpower
>easily btfos their much stronger land based neighbour though strategic use of naval invasions

cute arm fuzz!

>tae fuck
Gtfo Scot this thread is English territory

Help, I need my daily MEIOU fix.

>women should be waxed head to toe

i-i just use scottish loanwords for things
i say dinnae too, because it's quicker than saying "I did not."
Why are you still up, anyway?
assuming you even are a fellow ANGLO

R8 my Mexico

fuzzy arms and thick eyebrows are the best desu

Any good CK2 mods that make it actually play more like a medieval simulator?
Like a lot of the stuff like only being able to capture one province or Dutchyat a time and shit in CK2 really makes no fucking sense.

The medieval ages didn't have really any set international law (hell nations didn't even exist in any real modern sense) that the game tries to portray. Even the culture shit in CK2 is a bit weird, in the real middle ages, the general population didn't really give a shit about what "culture" their lords were. FFS for most of Englands life, the aristocrats lived in France and only spoke French and had essentially nothing to do with England.

What the fuck is that Texan border? How did it get like that? Cheats?

will it help me stop being a puppet state?

>Why are you still up, anyway?
Can't sleep, in bed at the moment.
>assuming you even are a fellow ANGLO
Anglo but spent a good few years in Scotland so I know the lingo and all.
Awa an bile yer heed, ya jobbie

>Japanglo
>play as japanese daimyo
>stay on the islands
>colonize americas
>conquer britain
>accept english culture
>maybe move capitol to Panama

How does the institution spread from japan and england work?
Can you cuck the old world out of institutions by staying on those islands?

Can printing press spawn in england?

I was playing the Concert of Europe mod, those are the borders that mexico starts off with. I was also able to take Florida from the Spanish as well as Gran Columbia.

>allies keep bringing me to war with Ming over opm tributaries in India
>was at war with Ming for almost 30 years straight from it
>finally start my own war on Ming, release 3 kingdoms as I plan to release them all and watch them try to unify
>make them tributaries
>Ming 10k in debt and 9th on income because I'm fucking their trade with a massive pirate fleet
>they're constantly hovering 50k manpower
>Ming declares war against one of the kingdoms I released
>intervene
>go through the whole fucking process of besieging the forest of forts in China
>peace out
>immediately declares war on one of the other kingdoms despite being 13k in debt now and 30k manpower
>besiege the forts and peace out eventually
>immediately declares war on the last kingdom
>truce is up with the first kingdom
>Ming has 14k debt 30k manpower
>constantly at war with Ming
>constant truce
>won't stop doing it despite being way against the odds
>can't release the other kingdoms
what the fuck I fucking hate this game

>Can't sleep, in bed at the moment.
post bedroom
>Anglo but spent a good few years in Scotland so I know the lingo and all.
How come?
>Awa an bile yer heed, ya jobbie
i-i was just quoting rab c nesbitt pls dont hurt me

You're a bit mistaken.

Culture doesn't matter too much in CK2 with regards to the population of your provinces, but it does matter in terms of how your vassals treat you. This is reasonable. Willy the Conquerboy replaced most Anglo-Saxon lords with his Norman buddies for reasons along those lines.

You can capture entire kingdoms in single wars. If you're doing it one province at a time you're simply playing the game poorly.

Nope. Institutions cross the sea.

The bad thing about institutions is you can slow down but you can't speed ahead. If I put a manufactury in every province I damn well expect a proto Industrial revolution.

Can't post pic, no camera. Sorry mate.
>how come
Family is Scottish but I was born while they were living in England, they moved back up there when I was 7 or so. Moved back to England after 8 years living up there and I never picked up the accent, so I was always picked on for being the English kid, it made me feel resentment towards Scots despite the fact I was one in all but voice.
Going to try and sleep, gnight pal.

>fascists are a political party
This actually makes me frothing angry. Why the fuck would they put this hosreshit in the game?

>communists are a political party
This actually makes me frothing angry. Why the fuck would they put this hosreshit in the game?

Are fascists not a political party?

>anarcho-communists are not a political party
This actually makes me frothing angry. Why the fuck would they not put this hosreshit in the game?

>anarcho-liberals are a political party

>no camera
>first world country in 2017
You lying shit.

It's an ideology.

>in the real middle ages, the general population didn't really give a shit about what "culture" their lords were.
William the BASTARD had to deal with a northern English rebellion (supported by the danish king before he fucked off and decided to raid east anglia and got paid to leave by Norman bastards) because they didn't want to be ruled by normans
He had loads of castles built to have a stranglehold on the anglo-saxons

*blocks your path

Okay I admit lying about that. My room is small and a mess I don't want to post it.

Dammit all. The king of Georgia had to have a heart attack and die leaving a 22 year old woman as the last of their family. Then one of my favorite dukes immediately married her.

I can't have his children inherit Georgia so I have to murder my own Magistros, murder any children they manage to have, murder my wife, marry this queen, and produce a new heir before the titles all get transferred to the Basileus.

Why did that asshole have to go and die? Now I have to kill a bunch of people to maintain the balance of power.

>reactionaries are a political party

>complaining about your state mandated accomodation
Commissar Corbyn is going to send you to a labour camp in the Pennines, lad.

Are corb is better than the alternatives tbqh

faggots like you are why me telling someone my mic is broken sounds like a lie. fuck you.

>giving the falklands to argentina
>giving norn iron to the IRA
>giving Gibraltar to the Spanish
>unlimited immigration
Not really, laddo.

Embrace the revolution comrade

answer me bitch

Do you really think he's anything other than a traitor?

Wow I've never seen the ai do this before

I'm only mucking about, nobody likes Corbyn
He can't even stand his ground on brexit

Thank fuck for that, there are some proper nutters in this world.

Having said that, Mummy May is no better and le lying scouse man party is dead, I guess milkman is our only option.

>Living on borrowed time as you wait for European nations to colonize and rape you
>comfy

and then in the day it took to me notice the offer they were declared war upon so the offer was invalidated

shut the fuck off you stupid limeys I swear is sounds like people with downs syndrome discuss cookies but with more retarded accents

What is the best Sci Fi strategy game out?

I want to be a Galactic warlord

I've only played EU4, but I've been annoyed with it as of late so I was thinking of switching over to CK2 for a while.

How different is it exactly?

Good night yank

Tim "Cock in anus is simply heinous" Farron

>William the BASTARD had to deal with a northern English rebellion
WHITE ROSE, WHITE ROSE
WHITE ROSE, WHITE ROSE

>my ironman manchu gets buttfucked by japan and korea tagteam

>not spamming banners and fighting on steppes

At least I look strong.

Thank you for not saying stronk.

>Tibet STRONK!
user, I...

>slavic faith has an event for fucking your son's wife during summer celebrations in the name of god

Truly the most patrician faith.

I thought you quit this because you had friends?

So playing as S-P in HPM, should I free Lombardia from the Austrians or fabricate CB and conquer it?

neither, form italy first then reconquest it
or use the nationalist cb for no infamy

You have to have it for forming Italy don't you?

no, that's only in vanilla

I'm playing vanilla.

>Sultan dies
>no more truce
>decadence splits the realm
>immediately declare 7 holy wars
By the gods it's beautiful!
I'm going to kill SO many heretics!

>So playing as S-P in HPM
>I'm playing vanilla.
what did he mean by this

HPM is vanilla, I'm playing vanilla.

Yarkand attacked me for some reason.

For some reason the AI doesnt consider the fact that ming will protect me.

excuse me?

We finished playing the other game and he went to sleep, its not a difficult concept user.

>that manpower
hmm

So your friend refused to do it with you and fell asleep so you're now playing with yourself?

Yarkand declared war on me right after Mong Yang declared war on me, but Mong Yang is also a Ming Tributary. I was able to clean up that war, but not without cost.

Also Ming dipped out at the last moment and I lost a bunch of manpower seiging Yarkand capital.

Going for buddhist theocracy Chinaiums?
Also, if they don't weigh for Ming involvement then insult niggers like Oirat to get them to attack you.

We werent playing gsg game. We played like 5 rounds of playerunknowns battleground, then he went to sleep because hes a normie with a job.

I was making a masturbation joke.

daily reminder not to neglect hospitals

Ming is my protector faggots, you cant touch me.

Also the dalai lama took over as I had a 5 legitimacy leader with shit stats, based god.

Also Ming is dealing with the 30 stack of yarkand rebels I had.

At least the roman borders are back

>Playing comfy Breton, colonize new world and allied/married with absolutely everyone.
>Suddenly PU with France and England declared a war on me.
Should I just give up the France? I don't want to blob that much desu and France will declare a war on me sooner or later anyway for Independence.

>100k of ming rapes india
hnnng

Instead of China forcibly colonizing your asshole they save you essential independence...

Are they really heretics?

When playing a small country surrounded by potential colonisable land at game start (eg. Ternate/Tidore, Inca, Cherokee, the Victorian Three, etc.), what's the best native strategy? Repression, trade or peaceful?

Repression. Just gas the natives.

Unless you're playing KEKIOU, then uninstall and play a mod not made by SJW crybabies.