What is the best automotive brand and why is it Subaru?

What is the best automotive brand and why is it Subaru?
>Innovative
>Powerful
>Reliable
>Durable
>Comfortable
>Fun

>>Innovative
When was the last time they innovated and what was it? cars seem old wrapped in a new shell.
>Powerful
uh..

>Innovative
They invented AWD. Or at least they were the first ones to put AWD in a regular old car.
>Powerful
There's a reason why they use boxer engines. They're more powerful and take up less space than conventional ones.

>When was the last time
>They invented AWD. Or at least they were the first ones to put AWD in a regular old car
so in other words, not in a long time?

>innovative
how
>powerful
a fucking camry is more powerful than their WRX, and their STI has an engine more out of date than some stale bread
>reliable
maybe
>durable
this I will agree with because their suspension can get beat the fuck up and survive
>comfortable
see camry
>fun
fun is subjective but they are fun

The point is, they invented a system that every manufacturer has copycatted. Better to make one little change that has a big impact than to make a bunch of trivial changes from year to year.

>They invented AWD. Or at least they were the first ones to put AWD in a regular old car.
No. They were the first ones to make their entire lineup AWD, but that wasn't till 1997.
>Powerful
They're less powerful than similar engines after you factor in the AWD powertrain losses.

Subaru
>shit
>U
>bought
>a
>retarded
>urabus

Subaru is for fucking faggots.

head gaskets

Where did the Subaru touch you?

>innovative
To a hippie faggot like you

>Powerful
Even if your world solely consists of the WRX and STI, they're still slower than a V6 Camry.

>Reliable
Headgaskets, power steering pump, rust, glass 5 speed, spun bearings, and ringland failure.

>Durable
See above, because you're they type that won't properly maintain a Subaru.

>Comfortable
Sure, but so are Hyundais.

>Fun
Sure, but a Miata is more fun.

>boxer engines take up less space
How fucking high are you

the reliability stuff, does any of that happen anymore or are you just basing all of your opinions on early 2000s WRXs

Audi invented it for a passenger car

Boxer makes the center of gravity low, it takes up more horizontal space though. For some reason Subaru doesn't seem to want to put more power into their engines lately.

>>Innovative

lol

>>Powerful

not unless they are turbo'd

>>Reliable

L M A O
M
A
O

>>Durable

maybe the old ones

>>Comfortable

i'll give you this one

>>Fun

not until they hit boost

because if the STI taught them anything, more power = stupider owners

if it wasn't for owners boosting the fuck out of engines then crying when subaru wouldn't honor the warranty, maybe they'd put some more spunk under the hood.

>>stupider owners

Subaru replaced my engine when I blew it pushing 26lbs. Granted I had to revert to stock before sending it in.

Some of the newer Subarus were burning oil and this was considered normal to their fanbase.
The solution was to use diesel truck engine oil so that it would burn slower.

Brotella T6

Are there many non-STI/WRX owners that do it though? Thought that was kind of the point of those, and BRZ I suppose.

So lit.

>EJ257 in the STI is still used today, and it's still prone to blowing ringlands if you lug it
>FA engines are known to spin bearings if oil is too heavy
>power steering pumps still shit the bed at 100k

Every subaru I drive has some sort of clunk, whirr, or grind coming from the drivetrain somewhere. Everything but the STi is a shitbox pretty much.

Also I don't really like how the engine hangs off the front of the car essentially. A well laid out car will have almost all of its weight between the two axles, subarus have the entire engine in front of the front axle.

Evo is better

>Subaru

Dyke car

>>Reliable
>Headgaskets, power steering pump, rust, glass 5 speed, spun bearings, and ringland failure.
>Subaru Reliable meme

DELET DIS

I thought it is just meme... holy shit, it is real

I have a Subaru Baja, does that make me a turbodyke?

>turbodyke

Well, you think you are?

No gtfo they pushed the awd meme way too far.
I fucking hate awd.
>never forgive
>never forget

its a backward porsche

new to Veeky Forums here. what sit mean when people say they added more boost to their car?

what exactly do they do and how? I remembered a dude from work said his friend did this to his bug eye and blew the engine

>Subaru
>reliable

Lmfao. They're as reliable as Dodge products.

it's when people use special racing oil. this improves the compression of the fuel and make a car go faster, but it adds more stress (that's why they blow up)
Castrol makes the best racing oil btw

lol

Just make sure the cylinder heads are good...

they got a boost controller which controls when the wastegate opens and if they turn up the bosst that means they turn up the boost pressure value that is required before the waste gate or blow off valve releases the air, therefore putting more air into the engine at a higher pressure which could damage it if not upgraded properly

>>EJ257 in the STI is still used today, and it's still prone to blowing ringlands if you lug it
No its not, stop spewing this retarded meme shit, its not 2006. Headgasket failure is nonexistent on EJ25's beyond 2009.

>if you lug it
you're not supposed to lug a turbo engine in any case you fucking retard.

>FA engines known to spin bearings if oil is too heavy
what? I've never heard of this, you're just spewing more retarded lies, memes and bullshit

You use the fucking oil the manufacturer recommends, gee I wonder why your "problem" started when you put more viscous oil into your shit

you can pull that off with any car company, just depends on the dealership.

>When was the last time they innovated and what was it?
Subaru's latest camera/ rader safety tech (eyesight) has clearly been leading the industry in terms of realistic usefulness.
It's juts they aren't marketing it well.

So much asshurt from the SIDF

>no rebuttal

>durable

quattro was the first anyhow popular AWD. First not popular awd was probably some kind of 1900's wagon, so it doesn't really matter. What matter is popularity, and it was quattro that made 4wd general purpose car actually reasonable idea.

Back to high-school, kid. Apple is popular but that doesn't make it good

Nobody said anything about good or bad. He was talking about the first mass produced AWD system in a car, which goes to Audi, not slowbaru

The first Subaru with AWD was the Leone in 1972. Audi's didn't come out until 1980.

So what does you picture tells us? A really durable car will cut through tree or what?

Leone was 4WD

>never mentioned head gaskets
>it took such Subaru two decades to address head gaskets anyways
>don't lug a performance car hehe
>My argument is right because I say yours are memes and lies!

Nice b8

You've never driven an NA Subaru from the past two decades, have you?

Don't even argue. Look at subarus demographic.
>normies who wont move car if weather is too bad despite...
>SUPERIOR AWDDD
and then there is the...
>Subaru fuckbois who will ultimately destroy the car and send it to salvaged title land.
There is no happy median with Subaru.
Moral of the Honda is get a Honda

>Innovative
they've been using the same engine for how many years?
>Powerful
they've been using the same engine for how many years?
>Reliable
if you're anal about maintenance, which you can say about any car
>Durable
you're just using a synonym
>Comfortable
they have some of the most spartan interiors of any car I've been in
>Fun
yes

Wrong blue oval, dyke.

Everything else has had the new FA/FB series engine that shares absolutely nothing with the EJ since 2012, the WRX since 2015. It is only the STi that uses an EJ still. How does old != powerful? The Camaro has an LS3 which is just minor modifications on an engine that came out in 1996, but it still makes well over 400 hp.

My Legacy is very comfortable. You should ride in it sometime.

I enjoy taking my STi out in the wet.
I don't plan on adding boost or messing with it in any way. It's a perfect car the way it is :-)

> スバル
> Pleaides
> Seven sisters
> Seven stars in constellation
> Only six stars in logo

Smh how did they fuck this up so bad?

their cars really aren't that great these days

I still have a soft spot for them, though.

I love Subaru. My old WRX was the best car I've owned, beat the shit out of it daily, flooded it and a bunch of other dumb shit, and with a little bit of work (Oil change, clean maf, filter, plugs, reset ECU), it would pick back up without a hiccup. Sold it for more than i paid for it two years after I bought it in pretty gnarly shape. That being said, I wouldn't buy one of their new vehicles because the drive train is ancient on the STi and it seems like they are still trying to figure out the FA20 situation. At the price point they sit at, they are not at all competitive in the market or on the track (Stock). They have 3 years to build some redemption for the 2020 global platform redesign.

trolling aside, is it true that newer toyota camrys are just as fast as wrxs?

at least for daily driving purposes and stuff?

They're faster than pre 2009 WRX's. The new 2018 Camry will probably be faster than all WRX's, seeing that it has over 300hp now.

This is only for people who glued their eyes to their phone at all times.

/thread

EZ30R is reliable as fuck. Complicated to work on though.

Head gasket and ring land failure usually only happens when retards wind their boost too high without protective measures or thrash it all the time, the same happens to other makes too

there arent any good and cheap ones tho

>head gasket and ring land failure only happens when retards wind their boost too high
>ez30r

You do know that they are not turbocharged factory right? And turbocharging them is not a common thing at all, right?

If you're going to shill for Subaru, at least know about what you're shilling.

Depends on what you mean by fast. No FWD car is going to beat a WRX from a dig, but all of the modern V6 FWD commuter cars (Accord, Camry, Maxima, Altima) have a chance at pulling ahead on a roll with (with enough room) because they're all at similar HP levels with less drivetrain losses.

None of those cars are going to FEEL as fast, though, because of all the dampening and etc. isolating the driver from the road plus very little feedback.

Something else to consider: not all of those cars (in fact I think none of them) are available with a manual. The Camry and Accord V6's are also more expensive.

You are fucking retarded and none of your memes are even remotely true