How do I stop caring about what people think of my car?

How do I stop caring about what people think of my car?

let your car piss on theirs

Do you enjoy your car? or do you enjoy the idea that others enjoy your car?

No matter what car you own there will be someone somewhere that hates it.

I can't think of anyone who would hate the MR2 SW20 Turbo. The most I've ever gotten is that "it's a deathtrap and you should sell your own"

Become wealthy
I'm not quite there yet but I already take pleasure parking my 7 year old 1.4 liter shitbox next to a leased BMW, knowing that I have $120k in the bank :-)

Itasha it. You'll either sink or swim, user.

If you expect to be able not to care what people think if your shitbox knowing damn well you'll feel the fucking man when driving a GT3 you're fooling everyone mate.

>eewww it's from the 90's
>Not even new
>Silvias are better

etc

>op cares about what people think
>posts pic of his GTR
Who cares what they think; you have a GTR and they ride the bus. You be you.

>"he drives one of those mexican ferraris"

This a thousand fucking times. I have probably two million in retirement. Make nearly 200k base a year, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than parking my Buick LeSabre next to the 335i that the night audit guy drives.

op idk about you but that car looks fucking badass

Looks like shit
Will need match the fun of a cheaper miata
Snap oversteer

Recognize that you are the one that has to drive it and pay for it, not other people

OP, you either need to stop smoking so much weed, or smoke so much weed that you transcend past ever giving a fuck because you are so good at killing your own paranoid delusions.

Stop caring about people period.

You are only insecure about your car because you envy other people's cars. The solution is to buy a new Mercedes E-class, then a Sonata, and then drive a cheap shit box off craigslist for $2,500 for 6 months each. You've now driven the most common cars for each class and you don't have to envy anyone because you've been there, done that already.

But if your car runs with no problems, that's all that matters.

What you do

There is strange truth to this. All I cared about was the 4-digit horsepower club. Got there. It SUCKED and was more stress and wasted money than anything else.

Now I care about enjoying/experiencing the ride. I have a Volvo that's worth $6k but I keep it insanely clean and polished- like showroom condition. It's nice knowing I have a car that has been across the country 5-6 times and it looks and runs like new.

Then I've got a '14 GT500SS that I baby. I get a LOT of shit for that but I don't care. It's just a car. It can be the slowest car on Earth for all I care. I'm gentle as hell with it and that pisses off the pissing-match crowd. "How can he be happy if he doesn't beat on that thing?" Simple. Been there, done that. I don't care if a professional driver made a GTR run the ring 1 second faster. It's irrelevant. Mine will never touch a track or hit redline so who gives a shit?

Seriously, OP. Do what you enjoy.

Hitman

story of my life
I don't think I have any real interests at all

i don't envy other peoples cars though, i just happen to like what i have and everybody else doesn't like what i have

i drive an mx5 btw

Buy the ugliest shitbox you can think of and use as a daily for a few months. Only stop when you don't get embarrassed driving it or telling people what you drive.