The bose suspension was deemed too heavy to be executed commercially

the bose suspension was deemed too heavy to be executed commercially

but what If they started very upmarket and made an ultralight luxobarge with a full carbon fiber monocoque and many of the parts substituted with materials such as carbon fiber, carbon ceramic, magnesium and titanium where each would be most optimal and then installed a modified version of the suspension that now is made with the materials I listed above

I predict a full luxury car with all amenities just without the suspension could be made to weigh around 3400lbs which still leaves an extra 2700 to work with and still weigh less than a Bentley mulsanne or lexus lx570

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ScpgI1w5F6A
youtube.com/watch?v=Dy07pIbQ9tw
youtube.com/watch?v=3KPYIaks1UY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure whatever.

youre a shit engineer, stiff chassis are the opposite of luxury

stop posting

>bose suspension

Benz already has it, but probably proprietary device. S-class and E-class for now.
youtube.com/watch?v=ScpgI1w5F6A

Audi also has their own version of this in their next-gen A8, which will be revealed next few weeks. .
youtube.com/watch?v=Dy07pIbQ9tw

... expensive as fuck to repair. look, when you're fucking buying a Luxury brand, you should know better...

What if we simply made the luxobarge heavier and more powerful? As if anyone gives a shit about weight in barges this luxurious. The Rolls-Royce Phantom can gain another 860 lbs to its 5,840 lbs and still be driven on a basic European license.

This sounds a lot like the HSV developed GM magna-ride suspension. Except completely different and much worse

>something else is supposed to be worse than GM

Just put it in a tesla nobody care how much that shit weigh

the suspension is already combating bumps actively so tortional rigidity on the body is no issue

plus it is much safer.......your driving skill may be good but you will never truly know if and when some imbecile is gonna hit you and knock you off a cliff sending you rolling

more weight that needs more energy to push around

we might as well add submarine capabilities while we're at it

>they should increase the capability to 160kph at least

>more weight that needs more energy to push around
As I said, nobody that can actually afford a luxury barge like that will give a fuck. Hell, half of America drives around in SUVs that weigh more than a Rolls-Royce. Just make the fucking engine bigger.

oh trust me they probably will in 20 years

>oh trust me
>they probably will

Sure you sound like an authority on the subject

I feel like there's too many things that cam go wrong with that system
It's still amazing though

>oh trust me they probably will in 20 years
What compels a person to make a post like this? It's actually less meaningful than shitposting, at least shitposters are trying to get a laugh. We can't see your face, man. We can't judge your character. We can't see if you're a teenager wearing a metal t-shirt or a well-dressed businessman who looks trustworthy. Saying "oh trust me they will" on an imageboard with NOTHING to back it up is, if anything, like shooting up a flare that explodes and reads "I'M AN IMBECILE" in sparkly firework dust. Because if you weren't an imbecile, you'd know that you need to provide further information as to WHY anyone should trust you. Fuck's sake.

this

>much worse
Say that again to my face and not online.

youtube.com/watch?v=3KPYIaks1UY

wait. The ca jumps by itself? Why the fuck what I want my car to override myself and launch me into the air.

So HOW MUCH does this Bose suspension weight exactly? Unless I'm missing something the only drawback for it seems to be it's weight and unless it's ridiculously heavy I'm sure there would be interest/market for it. I mean there is a market for air suspension which is heavier than traditional suspension and from my understanding while giving a comfy ride is terrible as far as driving dynamics go. Bose system seems to also ensure at least decent driving dynamics while keeping the car balanced.

Finally if Bose suspension is ridiculously heavy wouldn't only having it at rear be a decent compromise especially at luxobarge segment? I mean wouldn't this balance out the typically front heavy weight distribution of luxobarges pushing them closer to 50/50 or even have a slight rear bias which alone would improve their handling even if the vehicle itself would be heavier? Also wouldn't the people on back seat also enjoy more comfortable ride due to the rear of the car always staying flat?

You are applying economy car logic (handling compromises, weight distribution problems) to the luxobarge segment which has historically been quite insensitive to such issues.

If the Bose system was deemed too heavy for cars that usually don't care much about weight, then it means they were incredibly fucking heavy, too heavy for the benefit they provided (or maybe they were just outrageously expensive and nobody wanted to buy them or a combination of too heavy and too expensive). History proved that, in fact, there was no market for it, despite what you may think.

Active or adaptive suspensions have been used since forever in one way or another, so it's not like Bose reinvented the wheel and nobody can do better or there were no alternatives. The Bose system is ancient stuff by today's standards, manufacturers have already developed their own version of the concept, you can scroll up the thread to find some links about those.

Not saying Bose didn't come up with an amazing system, but it's hard to compete with manufacturers trying to build fancy stuff in-house or using third party stuff from well renown names that have been in the suspension business for ages

y'all are mad autismal

To clear spike strips.

Airmatic is GOAT, combined with the excellent NVH you won't even realize that you hit double the speed limit

It was pre-programmed

>This mad nobody took him seriously

Is that meant to represent yourself?

>The Rolls-Royce Phantom can gain another 860 lbs to its 5,840 lbs and still be driven on a basic European license.

I remember this being an issue for people who imported/bought Hummer H2s, they were so close to the weight limit that by the time the driver and a passenger with luggage got in, it required a trucker license instead.

>too heavy AND too expensive to integrate

Luxobarges are very expensive because they use very fine materials and craftsmanship in the interior.
Super/hypercars are very expensive because they use cutting edge materials in their construction to achieve the lightest weight possible.

Combine the two plus this "too expensive" suspension system and you have an insanely expensive vehicle for no obvious gain using a novelty suspension that nobody knows the reliability of.

You could probably have a custom car like this built, you may even be able to sell one or two a year to people who would buy it simply because of how retardedly expensive it would be, but your concept makes absolutely no commercial sense unfortunately, especially in light of the fact that competitors have similar/better systems like said.