/pg/ - Persona general

Previous: NEWS
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd in Sumaru City: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

>doing yusuke's Slink
>falls to the ground after criticism
>tell him to stand up
>Ah! I see, I must stand up both litterery AND figuratively

God I fucking love this man why could't he live with me. Atleast I got the whole summer with him

Nope I wish it was though.

Most slinks end that way.

KINKY

Shuake! Shuake!

why is akechi-kun the only one to use "boku"?

Claiming best girl.

Goro is literally me

>90% of yusuke's responses are him ignoring what you actually said and assuming you meant the best possible meaning

You WOULD make the P2 thread right as I have to go to bed and can't talk about it wouldn't you

How do you get skill cards through "skill card negotiation"? I thought it was just asking them for an item during a hold-up, but that doesn't seem to be it.

I'm going to romance Futaba in NG+

She said she doesn't want to get used to me not being around.

So when I leave it'll be even more soul crushing.

Maximum bully.

I wish my cat could turn into a cool van and drive all over my enemies

I can see where Futaba gets her personality from

>tfw want to finish EP to see how the story ends
>hate how slow it is

fucking reeeeeee P2EPSP when??

/PG/

I'LL REVEAL YOUR TRUE FORM

>ywn lie in sensei's lap

Why live?

Chinese Ozzy Osborne is an excellent role model

Someone explain this shit to me.

Why can goro understand the fucking cat? You have to see him talking in the metaverse, it's not enough to just be in the metaverse once since Sae was also in the metaverse but can't understand the fucking cat.

Why does Haru never question the phantom thieves after her father died? How does she know that you didn't fuck something up and it's entirely your fault that he's dead now? Keep in mind she just joined you and there have been cases of breakdowns in the past.

What the fuck was Makoto even hoping to accomplish by storming into fat guys office with her phone on? All she knows is that YOU need to talk to him, yet she goes in there and gets busted. Even if it was on impulse because she was so mad it was such a retarded that had like 0% chance of working out that it doesn't make sense for her to do it. Especially since even in the best case you wouldn't even get to talk to him.

Why the fuck does Igor still fucking execute personas even after the real one gets saved? The whole point of executing them was that fake igor can't fuse personas on his own, why does new igor continue that shit? And why the fuck does lavenza still charge you for summoning personas by the end of the game? Fucking jewish cunt.

Why did you make a new thread? /pg/ could have been dead again.

>always play the game in my room on small LCD
>had to sit near the screen to see shit in the green Mementos floor
>mfw I notice for the first time the awkward as hell models flapping their mouths and janky movements during cutscenes

>Why can goro understand the fucking cat? You have to see him talking in the metaverse

Huh, that is kind of weird, unless I'm forgetting something, but doesn't the pancake scene happen fairly early?

Also I'm still wondering how he got out of Okumura's palace so quickly after casually walking up and killing the shadow, wasn't everyone freaking out how it was about to blow

How the fuck do I get a Megidolaon skill card?

Guys, I just started on Shido's palace, and the game told me to remember my Confidants. Is this a warning that I need to hit a threshold or did the game expect me to be done with all of them by the time I finish this palace? I've done everything blind up to this point and this has me worried. Most of my links are at 7~8 with seven complete...

>What the fuck was Makoto even hoping to accomplish by storming into fat guys office with her phone on?

She asked the driver where were they heading hoping for a tongue slip

I think it's just reminding you to do them because you're nearing the end of the game.

It's the same as Magatsu-Inaba, once you're done with it S.Links become unavailable.

>Why does Haru never question the phantom thieves after her father died?
Because the other ones didn't die and just confessed. She knew the PT didn't do it

Anyone despise Shido's boss as far as the design of it goes?

He starts as a gracefully dressed, caped tyrant riding a golden lion-like monster. Then after you whittle him down a bit he strips his clothing and ends up as a steroid buffed bald guy with power limiters that he eventually removes to glow red and have his power levels go over 9000.

What's the best fusion website?

No, it's pretty fitting of his image of himself.

What about the 50 cases of mental shutdowns? They were triggered the same way her fathers death was triggered. Or are you telling me she's so fucking retarded that she couldn't possibly make the connection between the mental shutdown of her father and the mental shutdowns that happened across the city?

Why do some people here prefer Japanese teddie than English teddie?

Are they fucking deaf? Japanese teddie is a monstrosity

Yusuke surprised me by being my favourite character in 5.

I cant remember the exact wording, but one of the random Mementos exchanges is along the lines of

Ann: I've had this weird feeling like someone is staring at me all the time at school lately.
Yusuke: Just at school? Then is isn't me.

I've never heard that

Personally I think Eng Teddie being slightly less annoying is a pretty strong argument for the P4 dub over sub

they're both shit to be fair

I've been lurking /pg/ ever since I finished P5 a week ago and I've heard a bunch of complaints on dub teddie which implies them thinking the Japanese is any better even if its slight.

Shido on the lion with Rivers playing was definitely the most pumped up battle. The buffed steroid phase(s) was garbage in comparison

And people still think he's a fag.

Is there a guide for maxing out the confidants in NG+ when I have maxed out social stats? Is it possible to also get all the other trophies I missed on my first playthrough like "Read all book" or "Play all videogames" and "Catch the pond guardian" ?

there's a guide for 100% on a fresh file, you don't need any guide for NG+. it's an easy ride

Big bro?

Since you maxed social stats you don't have to worry about it

I'm scared I might fuck it up, I'm genuinely retarded when it comes to managing time properly.

Ryuji and Ann are a ________

canon ship

>At June 5 evening
>Already have 3s in Knowledge and Proficiency

Damn, that was quick.

You dont have to manage time with max stats.

Ohya is Maya

If you have maxed all stats it's genuinely impossible to fuck up unless you ignore social links on purpose. For reference it's possible to max all confidants by october on a first playthrough so you can imagine how much room there is for fucking up on NG+

R.I.P. user. You died as you lived.

Alright I'll give it a shot and see if I can manage a perfect run, thanks senpaitachi.

If you're worried about messing up, always bring a matching Persona for Confidant meetings and save scum until you're satisfied with the affection boosts you get.

>just caught the Guardian

I hope they go back a few steps in one regard with future persona games and take couple of cues from 3

The main party shouldn't have their character development and persona evolution tied to their social links. It means that any personal growth they have either has to be inconsequential or inconsistent during main story events. It also means that the world revolves even more around the MC (4 was particularly guilty with this) whereas 3 had SEES forming bonds with different people depending on their story (Yukari and Mitsuru, Aki/Shinji/Ken having their little drama, Junpei and Chidori, etc). They should still have social links, absolutely, but let it be more about getting to know them and discovering new aspects of their personality rather than solving all their emotional troubles. Give them a combo attack or special power or something if you want a reward tied to it.

The other one is pacing; in 4 and 5 there is no reason to not rush the dungeons to get them out of the way ASAP and allow yourself more time to dick around eating at Big Bang Burger. This means you need some explanation why the plot doesn't move on till the right day (Futuba sure did sleep a long time and Haru's dad survived a long time after having his shadow gunned down). In 3 you knew the day you had your big fight and could train as much or as little as you wanted in the mean time. It was admittedly helped by Tartarus being a night time activity and not having as much competition as far as things to do went; plus Tartarus itself had a lot of faults. But (and this is off the top of my head, I'm sure you could think of something better) if in 5 say you had to send the calling card and go right in on a specific day (lets say the big volleyball meet for Kamoshida for maximum exposure) but you could go into his palace prior to scout out and train. Or for Shido you wouldn't have his co conspirators knowing he'd changed for weeks and then sending him out on tv anyway, then panicking when he confessed.

cute couple

Think of the alternative.

If its NOT tied to sociallinks. What is going on in those social links? Non personal growth? Just silly events?

I'm satisfied with the way it is.

I never got the vibe Yusuke was gay. I can see why people would mind you, but for me he just seemed totally oblivious as to how some of his actions might be perceived, as well as having a poorly concealed desire for Ann that he rationalized as FOR ART.

I mean it probably was for art as well, but between his reactions during the operation to get into the art room and his apparent assumption that moving in with her was totally okay theres something going on

Does it depress anyone there's a space between Futaba and Haru's seats just for Akechi but he's fucking dead

>depressed that an evil piece of shit is dead

Nope, also he was never part of the PT or friends with any of them so he wouldn't be there anyway.

>seat for Akechi
>this delusional

>but he's fucking dead
Is he though?

No
Remembering that Akechi is fucking dead and forgotten makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

If he was alive and not a criminal they still wouldn't have invited him

>there's space
Akechi is fucking tall boi theres no way he'll fit between those girls

He's in a better place user
in our hearts

this, the fact that nobody remembers him is hilarious

Why do some people have trouble admitting Makoto was raped in the Kaneshiro bad ending?

Joker didn't remember wrong.

Is it possible to reverse Slinks like in 3 and 4?

Why is captcha having me do 6 different tests?

Want me to give you a hint?
That seat is empty so we can see the other members clearly.
Not for your fuckboy murdering fujo bait.

Wow, Joker's dialogue choices to Mishima are so mean

Mishima deserves it

>As a villian liked Goro and how he realized he fucked up but it was way to late
>non stop fujoposts and he dindu nuffins

Fuck you guys

>If its NOT tied to sociallinks. What is going on in those social links? Non personal growth? Just silly events?

I think you'd need balance. And you could still have personal growth, it just doesn't need to be the entirety of their character arc.

Something like say having Ann's arc in 5 broken up into a main plot one about Shiho, which is what awakens her persona and a social link arc about her learning to take modeling (and her goals in general) seriously and stop stuffing her damn face, which builds off the stuff she learned from Shiho.

I doubt thats a perfect example, but I'm sure with more thought and better writers than I they could come up with something good that doesn't cause character whiplash.

Plus I really just hate how in 4 in particular all development revolves so hard around the MC. I like a more ensemble cast feel I guess.

Why does he look so girly? Like he'd be a 10/10 trap.

And how the fuck he got to end of story, if this happen?

Because there is no bad ending you retard. You sit in the room already, everything up to that point happened in the past. It's not like you create multiple timelines in your past by telling a story differently.

Honestly, I liked Goro for the same reasons I liked Adachi; they're bad people and deserve hate. They're not without good qualities (and in Akechi's case) reasons for why they're so fucked up, but at the end of the day they still deserve the contempt they get in and out of story. And thats a good thing!

Its more the dindunuffins that get my back up, but you just gotta take it in stride or delve into shitposting

>Baton Passing to a person who just used Concentrate

>accidentally brought perfect personas to make it impossible to lose the goro fight
What a letdown.

Mishima is just a cute beta boy. He doesn't deserve the bullying desu

>Why can goro understand the fucking cat? You have to see him talking in the metaverse, it's not enough to just be in the metaverse once since Sae was also in the metaverse but can't understand the fucking cat.

I guess the implication was he'd been spying on you in Madarame's Palace.

Then again they don't seem surprised that he can understand Morgana when he first confronts the party at the School Festival either, even though according to his story he hadn't seen them in the Metaverse yet. I know they know he's lying anyway because of Pancakes but Morgana doesn't remember that until after their conversation.

So I guess Atlus just forgot or didn't care because they didn't want any filthy adults getting to understand the cat.

You don't have to be this desperate to justify what you fap to, its okay if it isn't canon

I agree. We should break immersion even more and have more scenes like Goro and Shido plot dumping all over our face.

>futaba uses supercharge

>The main party shouldn't have their character development and persona evolution tied to their social links.
So, give most characters 2 days to talk about shit, evolve, then disappear?

The requirement to hearing Morgana wasn't seeing him in the Metaverse, it was just being in Metaverse, as I understood it.

>You have to see him talking in the metaverse, it's not enough to just be in the metaverse once since Sae was also in the metaverse but can't understand the fucking cat.

I always assumed you had to be a persona user and that they were just wrong about the "you gotta see him talking" thing.

>high school girl in an illegal establishment said his name in a drug induced stupor.
>Not rape
It's not good to be delusional user.

i wish something had happened with that typhoon they were talking about on the tv before the hawaii trip. mona was worried the plane would be fucked

That's why Hifumi and Yusuke ended up in Hawaii too

Except that didn't happen dumbass, otherwise Joker wouldn't get far enough to get captured and iterrogated by Sae.

I'm no makoto fan, where's the sauce for this doujin?

Sae was in the Metaverse and still couldn't understand him

That's where they're going to place PQ2.

I think something like Ryuji's SL revolving entirely around training to run makes his scene with the lifeboat much more stronger. If you don't really do the SL for Ryuji it doesn't make much sense for him to have this big heroic moment. Especially when he shouldn't be able to run very well if he didn't train with you previously.

After that scene would have been a fantastic point for Ryuji's Persona to evolve desu.

Hopefully they'd have good writing to not have that issue, but I suppose thats asking too much.

A smaller cast would probably help. As much as I like Haru, I can't help but think without her there would have been more time to develop some of the vaguer plot points and maybe make Goro less bad.

I'm not sure how you're getting from one to the other user. I'm definitely not sure how you think having a situation where the MC teaches a character a valuable life lesson which they promptly forget in any situation other than the one on one of their social link aids immersion either.

Those endings also show Akechi in his black mask form killing Joker which obviously doesn't make any sense, its non canon in every way.

Wrong, he's being interrogated for what happened in that peculiar timeline and promptly get his ass shot.

By your logic there shouldn't be any bad ends at all.