/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #740 - Sprite Sheet Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

e-vay.tumblr.com/post/139312991974/happy-valentines-day-i-couldnt-have-done-this
youtube.com/watch?v=5egfJGRBzQM
e-vay.tumblr.com/post/108741033879/here-is-the-rest-of-that-post-thank-you-everyone
e-vay.tumblr.com/post/114814308899/fancy-party-shenanigans-4-amy-you-are-a-terrible
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shard never ever again

>Those embeds
>The title of the video, but not the vid itself

This is a good theme & we all make mistakes, but wew lad.

>tfw I used to get all my Sanic spritesheets from mysticalforestzone.com, but now it's gone
;_;

I miss InSonicNia

ditto.
It's a damn shame it shut down. It was in the top ten sprite webcomics at one point.
These days I guess the original creator(s) have gone onto other things.

We gotta slow down!

8:20am here

Sorry, it's my first time making a general, so I didn't expect everything to go right.
I have a few, do you want them?

Every user busy working on /sthg/ level.
...........or sleeping.

Very cool of you to offer senpai, but I'm good. Haven't really touched mspaint in a looooooong time

Post Tikal

Emerald shrine comfy af

I wish Tikal got more love.

She's my waifu.

Has anyone ever compared past Angel Island with the present map?

Man a brother just can't sleep these past few days. Only getting a few hours per night.

How's my /sthg/ doing today?

This webm made me think about what I don't like about how Sonic's movement works in Unleashed and Generations. His leg movements don't really look like they match his overall movement. Like he just slides along while swinging his legs back and forth rather than actually stepping on the ground. It just seems really slippery.
I prefer how Sonic Adventure 1 was. Something about it made it feel like there was actual weight falling as he planted each step that appropriately, gradually decreased as his speed increased. Sonic Adventure 2 was similar but at top speeds it still felt like Sonic was jogging rather than running

it's a beautiful friday morning, /sthg/! what are you going to do today?

Very well my dude. Friday at last.

I'm playing that yugioh game for phones that has it's own general, and trying to get all my gaijin cartoon cards.

Christ.
Writing down my notes, and studying for tomorrow's exam. You?

I want to hold Amy close and kiss her ear.

>so lewd

playing adventure 2 battle again for the first time in almost 7 years. I'm playing on nintendont and I gotta say the controls for sonic and shadow are touchy as fuck with a ps4 controller

heard that game is pretty good. shame I don't have a phone to play it on. love me some children's card games

There are phone emulators

He's a cute!

I played the Dreamcast version trough most of my life, and now I recently got the Steam version, which is Battles, and gotta say...It definitely feels different. Physics are just different enough to mess with your muscle memory, tho it's not that hard to adjust.

And yeah, like said, you can get an Android emulator (or if you are willing to go full autismo you could also install a desktop version of Android)

going to work.

Then cry.

DID SOMEBODY SAY SPRITES??

I have a toaster. not a chance

I've only ever played the gamecube version so I can't really say it's because of that. More likely there's some delay on the ds4 since I also can't wavedash in melee properly

sprites you say?

>Win XP?
damn, user.
I used it for the longest time too, but try to upgrade when you can.
Win 7 pretty good.

A lot of us didn't know GHPAnon wanted a completely linear A-to-B experience with this museum. A lot of us thought it would be like Yooka-Laylee, where it was totally open to explore. That's why we chose Smooth & Silky.

That's as good a music theme as any, but to make this a bit clearer, I've put a new folder in Drive inside the music folder with examples of the earlier poll. Try to imagine each of them playing in a Sonic museum level with Eggman narrating over it, and tell me your thoughts.

I know that feel, it's been the same for me this week. Feels bad man.

Just work. Then go home and sleep a lot.

In the adventures he looks like he does little jumps when he runs. I didn'tlike that too much.

my boy rockin that xp
I imagine it's the end of semester stress, but I'm in a good position, so it's probably just my body fucking up

Beat Spark the Electric Jester

>makes me wanna be her speciality...

>play Sonic time twisted
>time travel is retarded because there's like 1 post per stage
>getting all time stones is useless
>super sonic is unpolished
>bosses just feel lack luster and take WAY TOO LONG (I've stopped at the giant Eggman galactus boss bullshit, it takes 4 minutes to get in 8 hits, and I usually die from bad collision detection)
>metal sonic comes off like a bitch
>only one really good piece of music in the game

Yeah fuck the people saying this shit is great. The only thing I can compliment is it does feel like a classic game, in the sense the physics are pretty spot on, with some issues here and there. Pretty much everything else is piss poor, especially the level design. Holy fucking shit what went wrong with the level design, it's almost as bad as CD, its way to convoluted and the fact you can't jump from different plains makes it annoying as fuck.

I still think Metal Sonic Overdrive is the best 2D fan game, good music, visuals, game play was great, no real issues with it. Time twisted is a decent game, but it just doesn't really have any magic moments or really fun set pieces.

e-vay does some of the cutest sonamy
e-vay.tumblr.com/post/139312991974/happy-valentines-day-i-couldnt-have-done-this

Are there any good sonic youtubers? How do I become one?

define good and why would you want to do that?

You don't.

Cos I wanna play videogames and make friends on the internet. I have all the shit to edit and upload videos. And if I accidentally make money doing it then bonus.

And people will watch any old shit so why not me?

Gamegrumps did a wonderful Sonic '06 and even sexier Sonic Adventure playthroughs.
youtube.com/watch?v=5egfJGRBzQM

>it was funny 'cause arin didn't know how to push down when hooking fwoggy and got hotmad

>grumps
>good

I can't believe I share a planet with these people.

I just had a difficult week. Not studying or in the US.

I'd play Sonic hack with Shard in it.

sweet jebus, e-vay knows how to get my motor runnin'!
e-vay.tumblr.com/post/108741033879/here-is-the-rest-of-that-post-thank-you-everyone

He's joking.

The Sonic 06 playthrough was pretty damn great for the first 30-40 episodes, but even that playthrough, at the height of their actual quality days, still got old after a bit.

Now they are just really terrible.

Holy shit, that's extremely hot

i know, rite?
>i need more 'Amy removing her clothes sensually' in my life

Boom Sonamy works much better than game Sonamy.

Best slut

Has that user posted the bump in sonic 1 source code yet?

Now, now, wanting sexual intercourse with willing participants doesn't make you a slut, user. You prude, you.

maybe it's 'cause they seem a little older and more relaxed
that sorta atmosphere certainly helps with the romantic stuff i'm sure

I understand that, but after a certain point you cross the line into straight up whore territory.
Fiona is a slut!
Sally is a slut!
Rouge is a slut!
Bunnie is experienced.
Wave is experienced.
Blaze is pure.

That's cause Boom Amy hid her power level. Mainline Amy shows it with no regrets.

speakin' of which, have some more sexy-eyes flirting sonAmy
>e-vay a genius
e-vay.tumblr.com/post/114814308899/fancy-party-shenanigans-4-amy-you-are-a-terrible

I want to like Blaze that way but
>beak
I just can't

When should we get new info on this?
Fuark

>Blaze
I meant wave

is that pic a leaked one or photshopped ?

Damn

>wave
who's chilli dog is she eating?

>Fiona
I never read the comics but other than scourge who did she boink? she teased tails and I assume showed interest in sonic

E3

Sonic

What about:
Cream
Maria
Sticks
Amy
Tikal

>Blaze is pure
Ahem

YES. YOU. FUCKING. WOULD!

>What about:
>Cream
Pure
>Maria
Died pure
>Sticks
Who knows.
>Amy
Wink wink
>Tikal
Probably got imprisoned pure

Who wouldn't?

wait they did over fucking 30 episodes on 06? you're shitting me, right?

>tfw evay has lewds she will never share.

shame she just does overwatch and SU shit these days.

it raises an interesting question though, which makes more money, teasing lewds or just straight up drawing em.

I like it.
Is a girl still pure if they masturbate?
'cause I recon that takes 2 or 3 out off the list

They did over 100 iirc

We will never see E-vay's lewds....

>Is a girl still pure if they masturbate?
Of course
>'cause I recon that takes 2 or 3 out off the list
Literally everybody masturbates.
My dog masturbates

Does E-vay have like a patreon or anything? Is she even making money other than the occasional commission?

Yeah she gets

>$150
>per creation

in contrast:

CoolBlue:
>$1,121
>per month

HotRed:
>$536
>per month

I don't know any other lewders that have patreons.

How nice are they at complying with requests?
I've never asked someone to draw me sonic lewds before

I wish i could draw good ;_;
then i could stay home all day drawing lewd sanic fanarts for my paying customers

None of those amounts anyone could live off of user.

so this is the third character ? another hedgehog ? but i thought it was supposed to be something unexpected

You're crazy if you think you can live off of commisions.
There are some artists that work on their art and manage a deviantart account full time, but it's a full time career. You need to be constantly streaming sketches every day and then taking requests.

I'd be drawing ALL the LEWDS!
I'd have cash to burn....well...singe anyway.
........but I can dream user, I can dream.
fuck my stupid fucking older bro who got all the drawing talent and wasted it doing nothing but smoking weed the fucking fuck!

>he got the drawing talent
Literally anyone can learn to draw well, user.
If you suck at drawing, it's because you haven't taken the time to git gud, not because life dealt you a bad card when it came to drawing genes or some shit.

Same. Wish I could fucking draw. Sadly I lack the talent to do so

People willingly give money to DreamcastZX1. Lack of talent is not an excuse these days.

This.
It's a skill anyone can pick up and become proficient in if they have the time and put in the effort to stay committed. There is no "talent". It's a skill you build.

Could be worse, you could be like Toby and have so much untapped potential, but spend your life working at gas stations and bussing tables at pizza places.

You're talking to 4chaners.
These are people that believe everything in life is predetermined. That's the excuse they use for being foreveralone virgin weebs, even though it's entirely their own fault.

It's pretty sad actually. We are a generation that believes they can't be what they want just because they're not currently good at it. How do people think you become good at anything?

Created character

Rank the Chaotix.
Ignore Knux.

Vector > Charmie > Mighty > le ebin ninja XD

Vector
Espio
Charmy
Literally who?

Espio > Vector > Mighty > Charmy >>>>>>>>>>> Bomb and that other stupid one