Hey. To the gas guzzling, petrol heads and coal rollers out there. Your world is going away...

Hey. To the gas guzzling, petrol heads and coal rollers out there. Your world is going away, no amount of screaming will bring it back.

Other urls found in this thread:

eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3
techcrunch.com/2017/01/09/next-gen-samsung-ev-battery-gets-300-miles-of-range-from-a-20-minute-charge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ICE cucks will sperg because of this post

so teslaposting is the Veeky Forums equivalent of leafposts over in /pol/?

You know Tesla is my favourite car and it's nice and all but the amount of fanboys sucking Musk's cock is too high

Teslaposting triggers Veeky Forumstists to no end because they know Tesla will single-handedly be responsible for the death of their "hobby" and "culture"

Ok but i just bought gas for $1.89

I dont mind electric cars in concept

What I hate is how pretentious they are currently.

While I like the noise, sound and feel and all that of ICE cars, if you gave me an electric sportscar that wasn't just a liberal cuckmobile or a rich man's commuter toy, I might be interested. Also, the potential I see in electric cars, is that without an engine, there's a lot more room to play with design. But instead everything looks exactly like traditional cars.

if you are going to pretend to drag me kicking and screaming into "le current year" then at least make the cars look the fucking part

driving isn't "fun"

that's because you are a faggot

Sorry you drive a shitbox

no, that's the truth
the majority of people see driving as nothing but a chore, something they'd gladly let the car take over
why do you think adaptive cruise control is available on pretty much every new car, and everyone's trying to perfect their own flavor of a fully autonomous car?

The majority of people are retards. You're a prime example.

your "culture" and "hobby" are rapidly dying and you know it

The world is going away honey. No amount of stopgap tomfoolery with silly electrics will do a single thing against the inevitable environmental collapse and exhaustion of petroleum reserves. Not to mention the production of these cars and sourcing materials is far from clean.

Get back to me when it doesn't need 8600 batteries and can charge in 5 minutes or less and can make more than 4 full power pulls without completely draining the charge

just my 2 cents, and I know this is bait, but if the Rimac people are anything to go by, they themselves are self proclaimed petrolheads. They love cars. normal cars. And they took that enthusiasm and love of gasoline powered cars, and applied it to making an Electric car. which is why the Concept 1 is probably the most interesting Electric car out there today. And I imagine their upcoming "actual" version, the Concept S will be much the same.

>What I hate is how pretentious they are currently.
right now a tesla gets more attention than a ferrari on the road.

as they should
a Tesla is a preview of the future, whereas a ferrari is a relic of the past

Walking everywhere while crops wither and the oceans rot is a preview of the future.

Then why was the first Tesla a sports car?

a proof of concept, to get peoples' attention
they basically went "look, electric cars are cool and desirable" and then they built the Model S, which is better than the Roadster in every measurable way and therefore even cooler and more desirable

ICE will continue to be relevant for lightweight and powerful solutions (like motorcycles) and for heavy duty solutions (like commercial trucks). Electric isn't at a point where it can be light and fast, nor can it handle sustained loads like a heavy duty engine would.

How do I let go of my dream to hop up 70's and 80's shitbarges with big blocks? The writing seems to be on the wall with electric cars; all the gas stations will close down, and kids won't find ICE cars cool anymore, so the hobby won't have no new members. I was trying to figure out why I find Elon Musk so viscerally abhorrent, but it's pretty apparent now. The general public won't tolerate us for much longer.

I know I'll be happier in the long run if I let it go, but I can't. I won't.

But you just said that driving isn't fun. Why would anyone care about sports cars if that's the case? You have no logic.

because sports cars grab attention
they took a lotus elise, a well known sports car, and converted it to electric, which made it way faster

Do you realise than, once the batteries will be profitable and car companies (included tesla) will start to make real profits instead of losing money, your beloved Tesla and their mediocre refined cars will be trashed by the same competitors that are relying on combustion engines today?

>spending $100.000 on a Tesla when you can buy an all electric Mercedes sedan 10 times well built

TOP ZOZZLE THE NOZZLE

Nah, there's some guy that's like putting a chicken in every thread he makes. Cockposting. This is, how do the kids put it? Low quality bait?

them's fightin' words

>implying electric cars can even match up to ICE
>implying the average family can change their family shitbox for a 100k tesla mememachine
>implying the oil Jews will relent
>implying the govt will give up their 150% tax on fuel
>implying the self driving car project won't go the same way as every other govt IT project

You could have just posted a "I rented a tesla and I like it" thread

4/10 for making me reply

>capatcha - bus
lel

Rimac ftw

>paying 30k for a car that'll break down after 30k miles
Paying 1 dollar per mile is fucking auto tragic

Daily reminder that electric car drivers are the vegans of car enthusiasts. Stop showing up to BBQ cookoffs with your free trade, no-kill tofu wraps. Literally nobody you see outside of a mirror thinks you're cool.

You fags are the only reason gas is becoming cheaper

lmao faggot liberal pussy numales
did they cut your dick off at birth or did it just shrivel away?

>this is what elon musk unironically believes

What about the fact that 85% of all energy produced in the us was from fossil fuels (65%) and nuclear (20%)? More electric cars are going to require an increase in electricity production which will be more fossil fuels. So you're currently just charging your car on fossil fuels until renewable energy takes over.

eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

Then you have production of the batteries, all the plastic(which is made of oil), the charge time(why wait 30 minutes when I could just be done in 3?). Until a tesla can be as good as a fossil fuel car in effiency it's not worth it to me.

Electric cars are pushing past what was possible with an ICE performance-wise. They offer the ability to completely customize your driving experience; want 4wd? Sure. Want rwd? Sure. Same car.

Low center of gravity for corners, more customizable geometries because an engine and driveline don't need to be physically designed around etc.

As soon as the range is figured out a bit better and the battery life is proven more thoroughly, they'll also be cheaper to own.

If anything electric cars are going to bring more people into car culture since they're not seen as simply part of a "boys club" hobby. Why in the fuck would anybody dislike electric cars as an idea?

Tesla and Musk don't define every electric car that will ever be produced. You don't have to like either of them. But you're stupid not to embrace the new technologies.

Serious question.
Don't electro- cars have a worse energy efficiency quotient due to converting fuel to electricity and then to the wheels instead of burning fuel to power wheels directly?

No, and it's not close. Electric cars are around 60% efficient, gasoline cars around 20%.

A single, large fossil fuel based power plant is more efficient than 100000 small combustion engines
Electricity transmission from the power plant to the charger loses only single-digit %
Modern electric car motors are over 95% efficient

I think you mean PHEVs? No, not really. They usually have a small, efficient engine anyways. Some cars, like the Volt, just use the engine directly when the battery gets low iirc.

if you mean "E"v cars, then are right

Daily reminder that Tesla is a market bubble that's going to burst when they fail to live up to the hype

Oregonfag spotted

I can't wait for batteries with 2x the energy density and faster charging.
Investing in desalination plants to mass-produce table salt from ICEcuck tears

Once the energy is in electric form though. He's talking about from fuel to electricity to mechanical motion.

I'd say that electric plant turbines can run at much higher temperatures than a typical piston engine can, and the higher the temps the greater the efficiency, even if you're losing energy from distribution. Also much easier to scrub emissions from a few large electric plants than it is from a fleet of cars.

The big problem electric cars have is all related to charging - it takes way too long. Only people who can really own one are those that can charge it in a garage they own, and not everyone has that kind of access. Someone who lives in an apartment can't just run a cord out over the sidewalk to charge their car.

You may be waiting quite a while. Batteries have improved very slowly over the years.

Why are you here?

Development will accelerate with increased demand and competition
techcrunch.com/2017/01/09/next-gen-samsung-ev-battery-gets-300-miles-of-range-from-a-20-minute-charge/

20 minutes per 300 miles is perfectly acceptable
Get some coffee, take a leak, eat a sandwich

I feel like the zero sr is more ready for mass adoption in motorcycles than a tesla is for cagers in terms of range and typical around-town use with charging stations at your place of employment.

No, teslaposting is the equivalent of the shitty post you just made.

>Rimac people

Sorry but it's just money laundering scheme for land speculation business kids parents have in Croatia.

As long as there are sports cars and super cars idc what drive them

Basically Tesla will be hated after the model 3 is revealed to be a peace of shit.

Actually we'll just lap the track a few more times while you get towed back to the pits for a battery replacement

>overheated and accidentally a few cells lol its ok i'll be back, ICE racecars need engine work too you understand right!?
>understressed econobox engined sportscar continues drifting around the track
>"whatever bro i still got half a tank talk to you later"

The future in the mid/southern US and africa.

Siberia will be a paradise. See you there.

I don't roll coal, but whats everyones problem with it?

Electric engines are a meme, the future is diesel.and ethanol and other plant based oils.

this

thus, making you wrong

no it fucking doesn't lol
what a lie, and i like teslas

my grandfather has some notes on how to probably convert coal to gas that you can use in an engine
combine that with clean pure pa coal and i'll keep coal rolling in my car with 2 misfiring cylinders

It's likely just trolling.

You're joking right?
I see probably 20 Tesla's a day and only a couple Ferrari's a month max and I live in Silicon Valley

The lotus has much better handling than the roadster.

>Fighting full retard liberalism with full retard conservatism

Stop it. Have a nuanced opinion like an intellectual.

Production model 3 soon

I don't give a fuck. I'll keep my race car for now.

Lithium ion batteries are shit-tier atm. Give them another 20 years of development and I'll be happy to buy an electric car.

>conservatism
Protecting the environment is conservative though.
Literally conserving the environment.

Where the fuck are you getting this information from