/scg/edg/scedg/ Elite Star Dangerous Citizen General #156

"Why do we count these, Wtf, this is autism" Edition.

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Schedule Friday, desire to know intensifies.

>FAQ (updated)
pastebin.com/nKiNTgsY
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Previous Trajectory:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9RPLG5Ix5QA
youtube.com/watch?v=BoU0XQ3vNqk
starcitizentracker.github.io/
youtu.be/4RLYch3lxVk?t=493
youtube.com/watch?v=QN1Ht0UDXf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Vanu

How many acres of dashboard do you think its gonna have? Maybe the dashboard will be so huge that you just stand up on top of it. giving you an excellent view out of the forward canopy, from which you can bark orders back to helm and engineering.

Like 5 or 6 my dude

The best part is the nose design means you probably won't even have that much distance between the seat and the glass, rendering all those "b-but its a hauler" bullshit arguments about the Freelancer's TERRIBLE visibility out the window

Our Chris in heaven, hallowed be your game. Your company come, your vision be done, in the PU as it is in PTU. Give us this day our daily sales, and forgive us our store credits, as we also have forgiven our store creditors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Derek Smart.'"

Anyone want to multicrew mine?

AyyBen

Post holo-(You)

I feel like they're gonna ditch the entry stairs on the hull series.
They were the best feature

But user, they're ALIENS.

i wish we had decent ship design
should've picked up the Freelancer guys

>i wish we had decent ship design
Pic not related.

umm... rheinland engineering is THE pinnacle of engineering you uncultured swine

Josh Herman created the concept art for Groot as he appears in the movie, and now he's adding Groot to Star Citizen.

Freelancer ships are ugly and gay. Random shapes thrown together.

Well?

Hexagons

you sit in a bar with your gf (male) after a hard day of mining and hauling others cargo for 5 UEC.This guy walks in and slaps your gf's ass

what do you do?

What I really don't understand is why nothing has true 300 degree+bubble canopies. In fighters particularly they'd been the standard for decades. If the Eagle, Tomcat and even lawn dart, which is a cheap and generic as a fighter gets can have one why cant the friggin sabre.

Because fighters haven't had 360* IRST/Radar for decades.

Shoulder checks are meaningless when you have a globe in front of you giving you everyone's location, dummy

Ask him why he's 18 months late.

circles do have more area than squares tho

Human eye visibility is still good. not everything shows up on radar, particularly in space. either settings are filtered enough to to miss things or unfiltered enough to pick up literally everything making the readout a cluttered useless mess.

Because this is WW2 dogfighting

EMP grenade and single commish headshot, then activate stalker cloak so the fuzz doesn't get me.

in other news MY CH FIGHTERSTICK JUST GOT HERE WEW.

>Still no space cars.

You're acting like signal processing doesn't have to happen in atmosphere too. In space the contrast is better in every wavelength except visible light, so no, sensors would be fine.

You don't spot shit in an f-15. By the time something is visible you're in in a missile nez.

>sandro sammarco

ART
R
T

Its the year 2947, just assume that technology has moved past the last 70 years of military planes

Yeah, it has. Which is why trying to find shit with the naked eye is even more laughable a prospect than it is now, and it's already something that doesn't happen.

Sandro is saint, don't you dare bully him.
t. CMDR Jim Peterson

85x

incorrect

How many referrals do I need to give out before I become an operating thetan?

I've seen some very similar shit, in the Star Gate series.

>this still isn't fixed

like two or three thousand my dude

cough

Still looks too much like a plane.

Did somebody say car?

>In Soviet Russia, you're always charging forward, so you don't need to look behind.

>ground strike fighter
>as in, not expecting to get into dogfights
>needing to look behind you

>Take some F1 car.
>Cut off the wheels.
>Slap some more wings instead.
>???
>Profit.

At least it's not as bad as that one TNGS ship the forum autists keep going on about.

youtube.com/watch?v=9RPLG5Ix5QA

What's wrong with it?
Seems fine to me.
It's like an old, all around junker, that doesn't really exel at anything, but you can always count on it.

Wow it's more of a game than Star Citizen ;)

Whats that other space game where you can fly a hover-f1? Haha yeah I remember but what was the name of it again?

>referral "competition" so shitty that even the majority on plebbit and spectrum doesn't like it

that heavy marine armor looked sick. I'm actually optimistic

>star kitten
never cringed so hard in my life

wow what a genius. you better go tell the real military about this so they can switch to squares

So in the first week of july is when SC actually is getting closer to becoming a game?

Something tells me there will be heavy delays and the anons who has been screaming August since last year is going to be right.

>Star kitten.
youtube.com/watch?v=BoU0XQ3vNqk

The only good thing about star kitten is that they're finally moving on from Big Benny's

>implying they won't shit up the game with both
The autists on spectrum would probably riot if they stopped putting le big bennys xD everywhere.

starcitizentracker.github.io/

Next I want a Drake heavy fighter, and I want it to look like a bigger Starfury

We already saw it written somewhere else but there is a XIAN spaceship called NOX
youtu.be/4RLYch3lxVk?t=493

There also was written : Constellation AQUARIUS
I'm pretty sure this is new, unless someone know better

Spoken like a true chauvinist!!
Let me guess [your country] is also the best out of all humans cultures?

It's clear that the scientific method and the symbol language of mathematics is the most successful ontology generator.

mfw I was one of them anons.
feels gud being right

Whats a good system to make mad credits via passengers?

It's been a day, but I'm still incredibly pissed about the referral contest bullshit. It's a slap in the face of the 99,9% of backers who funded this fucking game, for the sole purpose of making e-celeb streamers shill the game even more.

Awesome, more cosmetics for the Asp and the Cobra. They didn't have enough already.

To get on the topic, Banu sound like an extremely rational and opportunistic species. One that don't wallow into collecting meaningless jpeg art when they can do something both useful and pretty.
Trader but efficient one.
If I have to guess from the only fighter design, the Xian will probably be the overly scientific species (high tech everything, turtle wisdom cliché).
Meanwhile the Tevarin's Prowler is, bird-like and sound a good candidate for a (warrior but) artistic species.

And not only that, but doing this at this point before 3.0 is out is a horrible decision. The game runs like ass, new player experience is abyssmal and after 2 hours you've seen all there is to see right now.
People shilling for referrals will obviously downplay any flaws the "game" has right now because they want their FUCKING HELLO KITTY BIKE and the results of that will probably make the game and its community look even worse.

they were talking about fighter jets, you posted a bomber

are you okay, user?

They have no choice, they're only a month or two away from E.L.E.

I can't tell who has promised "soon" more at this point, Chris with the game or Derek with that information bomb that will "destroy the project"

Ah yes, just like in 2015. Two weeks. 90 days tops.

I'd say holiday season 2017 we are going to get feature rich (limited) demo of 3.0 which is still going to be further delayed to Spring 2018.

>a demo of an update

Do you mean like a presentation?

Did you even look at the schedule?

Maybe that user meant the 3.0 that we've been sold on and waiting for, not slimmed down chopped up 3.0 that might as well be 2.7

Has Sandi ever had a good idea aside from not hiring black people?

women don't have ideas, they have feelings

That reminds me, what happened to that black guy who was on RTV and whatever all the time? At some point he just stopped showing up.

>E.L.E.
What is that new meme? I thought Star Citizen had already been annihilated by Mass Effect.

what happened to the old thread? 60 posts got deleted and its still up. I made new(this) thread at like 752

>new
user, ELE is from like late 2015.
This is where you realize that Smart has dedicated his days and sometimes nights to shitpost on twitter, twitlonger, his website, SA, reddit, Steam, some youtube streams and the FDev forums since July 2015.

youtube.com/watch?v=QN1Ht0UDXf4

Friday stream with Sean Tracy starts in like 2 minutes.

>what happened to the old thread?
Some guy must have got banned and all his posts were deleted.

>Join Sean Tracy, Eric Keiron Davis and Jared Huckaby as they make a feature production schedule LIVE with input from the viewers.
Neat, it's even a special episode instead of watching Lundo being bad at the game.
Sean Tracy is my husbando

lol. It was the "neutered dragonfly" poster among others, theres deleted posts all up the thread ll contentious troll-y posts if I'm remembering right.

>voting on the game development schedule

Probably interfered with chris' dream in some way and was jettisoned into space

Space whales confirmed?

I bet RSI is unreadable right about now.

THAT FEEL WHEN I HAVE PERSONALLY ALTERED STAR CITIZEN.

Chris roberts is actively sabotaging and fully encouraging the decline of his own community so hard right now its not even funny.

Please, you have our money, just take a step back from community involvement and do whats been working. Make game, provide info updates.

What is he doing right now?

Im pretty sure this entire excercise is just for lulz

They're just demonstrating the process.

>Hordes of people demanding transparency
>Wonder why they're trying to be more transparent