So, Veeky Forums, why exactly do we hate Haldex again?

So, Veeky Forums, why exactly do we hate Haldex again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3VYhZxuIGaA
cnet.com/roadshow/news/not-every-subaru-all-wheel-drive-system-is-created-equal/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetrical_All_Wheel_Drive#Viscous_centre_differential_AWD
youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-5BxYPvqc
youtube.com/watch?v=t4HD1o3GB80
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because you touch yourself at night.

It's like FWD except heavier with more drivetrain loss and less reliability. Give me proper AWD or don't give me it at all.

"""AWD""" that reacts too late to be any good when you need it.

Subaru Symmetrical AWD may be a meme, but at least it's constantly putting power to all the wheels all the time instead of just the fronts.

personally I have nothing against Haldex but busriders on Veeky Forums hate them because
>hurr fake awd
>its only fwd with sometimes awd

No it isn't. When the car senses slippage the wheel that is slipping stops and the rest move

It works well in the snow. I have had no complaints. Funny thing is you only see haldex cars running around in snow/rain but all the subarus are parks and not moving cuz
>inclement weather...better stay home...car cant handle this. huehuehuehue

That's autotragic models. Manuél Subarus without the STi DCCD are permanently 50/50 split with power to all 4 wheels all the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=3VYhZxuIGaA
no

you're talking about differentials. Any car that doesn't have a LSD is going to run into the problem you stated, what the other user said is correct it's always splitting the power 50/50. Don't move goalposts it's embarrassing

you Subaru fags are totally a disgrace to the brand. Watch the video and shut the fuck up. What the other user is talking about is 4wd not awd.

Subaru has at least 4 different "symmetrical AWD" setups on their various cars.

>cnet.com/roadshow/news/not-every-subaru-all-wheel-drive-system-is-created-equal/

Ah well it would appear that I am wrong. My apologies user.

>sending power continually to all four wheels
the power is still split 50/50 so if one wheel loses traction it sends all 50% to the other wheel.
learn about a car before you try and spout shit

I honestly don't care all that much about Subaru's also with so many variants it would be easy to mix up all these awd systems.

Is it a new meme or something when people make a claim and then to support said claim they post something that supports the exact opposite? The video literally says what did

fuck off

What part of the wheel without traction sends its power to the ones that do. There fore the wheel isn't spinning. You are stretching your argument.
>All 4 wheels are moving
>Wheel loses traction
>Power is then sent to the other wheels
>Wheel without traction now has no power
Its w.e I'm not having this argument. Subaru drivers tend to thing they have 4wd capabilities when in fact they have the above. Its not terrible...nor is is super great...it works though...this model is not the "all time" awd they are explaining. Few Subaru owners can rationalize that in some models one wheel stops when it slips.in other words all 4 wheels aren't always moving no matter what.

Also I'm not the other person.

Manual subarus are mechanical and constantly send power to all four wheels. Front is open diff, rear is limited slip on performance models. It is still AWD, though, because it features a center diff and is always on.

I had early gen Haldex, it was shit. Almost had a dogfucker tripfag moment in the wet because of it but my vastly superior driving ability reigned it back in.

Car was a 2000 golf v6 4motion

Go watch the episode of "Wheeler Dealers" where Edd works on an Audi TT

dat maintenance

Is that specifically down to the Haldex system or is that just VAG being VAG?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetrical_All_Wheel_Drive#Viscous_centre_differential_AWD

>shit quality brake linings
>outdated abs program
>slack adjusters feel like shit when backing them off

Meritor is a much better alternative

>Haldex is shit
>Subaru's full time system is a meme

What car has a real AWD system then?

Honestly if this is what haldex gets you. I'm ok with that. You can keep your roller test Subaru
youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-5BxYPvqc

Suzuki sx4

youtube.com/watch?v=t4HD1o3GB80