Auto Parts

what site do you guys use when you need to replace a part? Is there anybody cheaper than RockAuto? I bought performance pads and drilled and slotted rotors for 137 shipping included. Just wondering if you can get cheaper

Other urls found in this thread:

courtesyparts.com/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't care if a place was a fraction of the price of rockauto. Their website, customer service, and timely shipping is worth any price they charge.

I do agree the website is an easy layout plus I got my stuff in 4 days which was nice, idk about the customer service. I was just wondering about their competitors because most sites i went on wanted $80+ for one rotor when I got them for 47

>tfw shipping to Canada

this

I bought pads during a wholesaler deal that came cracked. They replaced all four pads and gave me a full refund.

The only places I buy auto parts from are Rockauto and Amazon and WalMart. I check prices in that order. I buy from whichever is cheaper.

>tfw Veeky Forums pays people to advertise their website

How do I apply

I usually buy from Amazon. They have a ton of E46 parts that are prime shippable.

>company provides good services at good prices
>People talk about them
Wow

>I enjoy something and want to share it with people with the same interest to try and save them money as well as expand my options
>shilling
Veeky Forums everybody

This has nothing to do with shipping rates

merchandising merchandising merchandising

Compared to other part sites in Canada. Rockauto seems to be the cheapest even with shipping.

I usually cross shop Amazon and rockauto. They'll have the same part at around the same price or cheaper than the other. I usually go with Amazon because it's a little more expensive but the free 2 day shipping makes up for it, but sometimes rockauto is cheaper even paying for shipping.

Just depends on the part.

It's the same shit on every board.

>go on /g/ to talk about how much I like my new components
shilling
>go on Veeky Forums to talk about a new book that really helped me
shilling
>go on Veeky Forums to talk about my new car
shilling
>go on /r9k/ to talk about my new girlfriend
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Part from Mazda NZ - $150NZD
Part from rockauto - $31NZD
Cost of 3 plus shipping to NZ - $147NZD

Not to mention those parts locally would have been 3 weeks ex Japan.

Rock auto when i don't need it soon. Pretty decent shipping, and I use a coupon code every time. Usually oreilly's or autozone's store brand is about the same to their price. They do btfo almost every other store on lights prices, it's almost ridiculous.

I've had a few problems with their catalog, but mostly for stupid shit like lugs, lights, and other small pieces that I had to cross check with a oem part. One example was the high beam bulb listed in the normal low beam section for a car. Their parts info pages can be kinda shitty sometimes.

People have girlfriends?

I shop Amazon, Ebay, local parts store, RockAuto, and specialty parts stores

70% of the time, Ebay and Amazon are the best deal for a product. 15% of the time, a specialty parts store has the best price (usually because nobody else has the part), 10% is RockAuto, and the remaining 5% is the local store (usually chemicals and loaner tools)

RockAuto has great prices, but their shipping kills any savings.
Unless you're overhauling a car and can bundle a bunch of stuff together, RockAuto is usually not a great deal.

>Rockauto for the price
>O' Reilly's if I need it much sooner, pretty good one on one service
>Autozone if I need something right now, and it's just a simply thing. They're bottom of the barrel for service
>Dealership if it's the only way to get the part, because of price, and they likely will take as long as Rockauto
Rockauto can be better. Really weird to buy 6 spark plugs for a Ranger. I had to order a 4 pack, then two singles. They shipped from different locations, and the singles took a day longer. Then when I ordered stabilizer bar links for F150, nothing mentioned about them coming separate, sold I ordered 1 unit. Took me much longer to make the fix because I had to go back and order a second unit. Really stupid when every other vehicle I've bought stabilizer bar links for came in sets. When I ordered them for the Ranger, I even got the mounting bushings for where the bar mounts to the frame. A bit more info would be nice.

How else would we get fed.. you must be like 90 pounds

Not where I'm at. Even after shipping, Rockauto still beats local stores by more than half. Only issue I can see you having is if you're paying for faster shipping.

Best deal I got, a set of 8 ignition coils for Ford truck. Local stores charge $55 apiece, which comes to $440 before tax. I paid $95 from Rockauto, after shipping for the whole set.

the majority of period ford products sway bar end links are sold individually. that's not a rockauto thing, nor is it unusual.

spark plugs are sold under different actual SKUs (same number, different barcode) for 4-packs and individually in retail stores as well. this is also industry standard.

there are inefficiencies, but rockauto is #1 - beat only by advance auto parts with a 30% off coupon code, and even then, it's a close fight.

The links could've been stated they were singles. Then I would've known what I was paying for, and ordered accordingly. That's why I said a bit more info would've been nice.

The spark plugs were just annoying to not get them all at the same time.

Advance auto sucks. Pretty much in my area, O' Reilly's, autozone, and advance are all using the same price sheets. So I base when I use them on service and closeness. Advance is out of the way, autozone is close, but staffed by idiots with less knowledge than the teens posting here. But O'Reilly's is 90% staffed with knowledgable, friendly people. That's why local stores are what they are. Different places will not have the same experiences with parts stores.

Really not kidding about the autozone idiots. Half the time they can't spell the parts name. One asked how I got the new oil out of the 5qt jug before putting the old oil in, during an oil change.

oem parts.

hondaautomotiveparts and now volvopartswebstore or tasca parts.

I used courtesyparts.com/ mostly since NissanScum and they have pretty much everything I've needed. That said most of the time Ebay does the trick too.

For brakes in canada I use max brakes. One day shipping and cheapest price for zinc coated stuff. Rockauto with the rapeshipping for everything else even something I need urgently because stores are full but never carry parts I need.