Someone help me explain why a Fiat is a terrible choice for a car in America...

Someone help me explain why a Fiat is a terrible choice for a car in America. He's not listening to the JD power rating or any sort of reliability rating website.

White people always get the weirdest tattoos

Why is this

They have a history of poor quality and shoddy engineering.

If he doesn't listen to documented proof of why they're bad then theres probably no hope for him, sometimes its best for people to make their own mistakes no matter how hard you try to forewarn them of it.

The same reason niggers get tattoos that are just as black as their skin, making you wonder why they bothered in the first place.

Fix
It
Again
Tony

Who cares, if that's what he wants let him buy it. Mind yo bidness faggot

fiat parts are expensive and a bitch to fix or replace
i dont think the resale value is there either. you ever really really wanted a used mini cooper or 500?

He's specifically asking for advice you dipshit.

have him go to the fiat forums for that model and look for "commonproblems" or "what did you fix on your X today"

Look on any rollback, it's always a dodge.

I never kek'd so hard

The T stands for tomorrow out fucking dumbass yuropoor

Are you 12? That 'joke' is older than you are.

It's Tony, from Antony, because all mechanics are fucking wops.

I have one. If he doesn't like dealing with electrical gremlins, flimsy suspension and other typical Italian bullshit than tell him it's a bad idea. Otherwise weirdly enough the 1.4 is probably the only bulletproof thing Fiat makes.

Dont be ridiculous thats what mechanics are for.

>getting a tattoo of some shit meme that lasted 2 days

What a retard

>pic related the best and most reliable Fiat of all time

He's trying to get a new 500

Precisely. I'm not poor and like the car, so it doesn't bother me.
Which model? If he's going to get an Italian shoebox of dubious quality, it should at least be a fun Italian shoebox of dubious quality. Also there's nearly no reason to buy a new 500 when you can get a 2 year old one for half the cost and it's the exact same car. The only thing that's changed since they started selling them here is that it now has two armrests instead of one.

That's Ford, Hank.

Fiat 500 and Fiat Panda are good cars.

Poor reputation for quality, and it didn't get fixed when Chrysler joined the fray.
It's still shit.
And they didn't allay any fears by offering anything like a Hyundai-style long warranty.

And be honest: would you trust a Chrysler dealership mechanic?

Resale value is utter shit.

Arguable exception: Fiat 124, if only because it's Miata's evil twin.

Hard to argue with those digits but here goes:
>reputation for reliability
Really the primary reason for their horrendous resale value in the states, and dates back to their ignoble withdrawal from the American market several decades back with severe quality issues. Mostly fixed now, but electrical troubles still persist.
>trusting a Chrysler mechanic
You're right there, no sane person should do this. Most FCA dealerships that service Fiats seem to have a dedicated Fiat technician or technicians who work on those vehicles, however. This can also be a problem because there are far fewer of them and wait time for repairs can be long.
>resale value
Ties back into reputation, can be a blessing or a curse. Easy to pick up a decent late model Abarth for ridiculously low prices. You won't get your money back when you go to sell it, however. Not wanting to defend them too much; they are economy cars built to economy car standards, but if you go into it expecting that then you won't come across any real surprises.

I do agree with the resale value being a curse and a blessing. Combined with the reputation for reliability (I'm still hearing trim pieces falling off and issues stemming from bad design choices), I get the following conundrum:
>Do I get the dirt cheap car used, knowing it's out of warranty for a possible problem child?
>Do I buy it new with warranty, but eat the residual value that drops like a comet to Jupiter?

For the cost of a new one plus a grand or two you could have a much more reputable albeit less "soulful (tm)" Japanese or Korean econobox, so I'd say lightly used is the way to go for a Fiat unless you're dead set on a brand new Abarth. I got a 2015 for a hair over 14k with 11,000 miles and 17 inch wheels, plus all the bells and whistles (which isn't a lot. It's still a pretty barebones and unrefined car, which is part of my reason for liking it). At risk of sounding cliche I'd say it's hard to explain why I chose it, but it just feels good and makes me smile when I hammer down through a roundabout or down a freeway ramp.