Tfw you accidentally fill your godmachine with low octane plebgas

>tfw you accidentally fill your godmachine with low octane plebgas

I just trade it in if that happens. It's tainted. I'm on my 5th civic now.

Seriously, what kind of cheap faggot would intentionally use 87?

How do you accidentally buy 87? You'd have to hit the big yellow button with 87 in big black letters instead of the big yellow one with 93 in big black letters, which are typically a foot or two away from each other.

Someone with an older, naturally aspirated engine with a shit compression ratio?

91 has more gas per molecule of petrol, so you're really paying more per gallon if you get 87.

I'd dump some xylene

This

>mfw i always used the cheapest gas of a low cost gas station on my ford shitbox
>mfw it still works perfectly

You guys are all newfags its better to just go head and buy 100LL octane that stuff is the best.

Does anyone here actually know what octane is or do you just assume premium=better?

>tfw you accidentally fill your pleb machine with high octane godgas

A lot of pumps will just change grades if the tanks are out of the grade you selected. If you just mash the button and start pumping, it would be easy not to notice.

I link to assume they're all baiting but who knows for certain

Like* fuckin fat fingers

>why don't you use 91 over 87 bro?
probably because 91 is only 4.4% more than 87

Why should I put anything but 87 in my understressed American V8? Sounds like a waste of money unless your compression is high enough to require it

tfw you ruin your 1970s 2 stroke with ethanol

>low octane

We can use 85 out here in the mountains since the air is thinner, haven't had any issues running 85 but my car is detuned anyway..

Despite how autismal this thread is, I legitimately have to buy premium for my greedy shitbarge. It can't run right on anything under 91.

and 87 is only about 1% cheaper than 91 poorfag

>someone laughs at me for putting 94 octane (100 for euros) in my Fiesta ST
>think it's ideal because 10.5:1 compression + 23lbs of boost

Who was in the wrong here?

Unless you're running forced induction, disregard the manual. The ecu will automatically retard the timing to prevent detonation.

the fiesta st is tuned for best performance with 93 at least in the states

What a great tip! You can make your car run like shit to save pennies, and the computer will keep you from outright wrecking the engine.

>run 87 in my 2016 WRX to save some money
>get worse gas mileage with the 87
>do the math and find out that it cost me MORE to run cheaper gas and have my car run like shit for a tank

Just put in whatever the manufacturer recommends.

I hope your engine is new enough to use ion sensing and not relying on a knock sensor

My 4.9 has no knock sensor. It literally can't run on 87.

can a knowledgable user give me a quick rundown on the different applications of different grades of gas?

take the bogpill

On the topic of octane, what the FUCK is the point of mid-grade fuel? Cars are either designed for regular or premium, nobody recommends mid-grade.

>run like shit

Shocking that he would expressly mention forced induction requiring higher octane.

I use 89. My car recommends 87 but when I rebuilt the engine, I had the heads milled a bit so the compression ratio is marginally higher than the stock 9.7:1. That and 89 is usually a mix of the 87 and 93 tanks so you get some of the premium detergents with it.

It does run noticably better on 89 than 87, but not any better on 93 so it's just pissing away money.

my buddy had a pontiac coupe that recommended 89