Burger luxury cars aren't just "luxury" cars in name only anymore, now they make the real deal

>burger luxury cars aren't just "luxury" cars in name only anymore, now they make the real deal
>meanwhile audi still makes """"""""""luxury"""""""""" cars
Does VAG have no shame?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/6176315704.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/6200746783.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hurr hurr it's not a luxury car because it's FWD

Idiot.

>now they make the real deal
Keep telling yourself that, Cletus. Enjoy your FWD Continental that's A8 sized, A6 priced and A4 quality.

As long it's not a traverse engine it's ok. It's a luxury car not a sportcar so it's ok if it litteraly can't turn.

>FWD cars can't be luxurious

Daily reminder that op is a loser who keeps posting this pic to get a weird rise
Only certain areas in europe get a fwd a8 and it's literally the base model. Everywhere else it's standard with real awd.

Why did Cadillac start making a RWD car again that's slotted over the XTS then?
>what is the CT6
I'm not even a burger, but I'd much rather have a CT6 than an A8
S-klasse>7 series>CT6>A8
kek, as if traverse or longitudinal matters at all
That's not nearly as luxurious as the previous generation and you know it.
>fwd based awd
top kek
pic fucking related
enjoy your VW with leather, cuck

>torsen centre diff awd is fwd-based

You ignorant.

No 1967 car was as luxurious as a 1959 car. The late '50s were an anomaly, not the norm. For a 1967 car the Eldorado was very luxurious.

It literally is. There's a reason you can't get a RWD A8. It's a FWD design with optional AWD, deal with it.
>damage control

The Eldorado and the A8 are very luxurious... for FWD cars

There's literally no connection between how luxurious a car is and what wheels are propelled. It's like saying "this car is very luxurious .. for a car with six spoke wheels".

out of the way plebs, true luxury coming through
yes there is, because the drivetrain affects the ride
You think it's a coincidence that Cadillac came back with the CT6? You think it's a coincidence that all Rolls Royces are RWD? That all the Bentleys are RWD? You think it's a coincidence that C, E and S klasses have always been RWD? You think it's a coincidence that 3er, 5er and 7er are all RWD? You think it's a coincidence that the big announcement from Alfa Romeo is their first RWD sedan in decades? That the only FWD cars made by BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar are all entry-level? It's not.

the eldorado is couch with a 500 ci engine while the A8 is the most autistic full size sedan after the VW phaeton.

>out of the way plebs, true luxury coming through
*blocks your path*

Nah, the Phaeton is actually less autistic and more liked by old money types because it passes for a big Passat and is also comfier. For some reason the A8 has a harsher, "sportier" ride.
Also the Phaeton gets a pass because it's "just a VW" so it's expected to be FWD.

>You think it's a coincidence that the big announcement from Alfa Romeo is their first RWD sedan in decades?
I think it's because the current trend in entry level luxury cars is towards MUH SPORTY DRIVING YOU CAN TAKE THIS "LUXURY" CAR ON THE HERPDERPRING. It doesn't do anything at all for the comfort in the vehicle. Americans built plenty of FWD upscale vehicles in the 80s, 90s and 00s and (while American cars in general were garbage at the time) they were in no way worse than their rare RWD rivals from Detroit apart from being unable to rip donuts with welded diffs.

>I think it's because the current trend in entry level luxury cars is towards
The trend is towards FWD, specially in entry level.
The new 1-series, the CLA, the GLA, the A class. Even in Lexus you see the same thing. ES

>The Eldorado and the A8 are very luxurious... for FWD cars
you mean they're premium cars instead of luxury cars? Because I fully agree

And I'm saying that in an actual luxury car (not those pesky sporty "luxury" cars) it doesn't matter where the power goes. A FWD Cadillac barge will drive pretty much exactly the same as a RWD Cadillac barge, except that you will gain space in the interior because you don't need a tunnel.

seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/6176315704.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/6200746783.html
>2007 Audi A8L, AWD (L is for long wheelbase) - $13980
>2007 S600, RWD, standard wheelbase - $19999
I rest my case
It's not where power goes, it's how it impacts design. Like it or not but the weight distribution changes and the suspension too. And oddly enough, FWD cars have center bumps too.

>oddly enough
that's for rigidity and for the exhaust pipe
t. renault owner

For chassis stiffness, but it's not even remotely as big as a RWD tunnel you'd have to climb over as a rear passenger.

really made me think

That's huge compared to the Cadillac's tunnel.

I mean that really got my almonds activated

That Cadillac wasn't subject to modern crash testing

>driveshaft tunnels suddenly now have something to do with crash safety
Keep telling yourself that. RWD makes no different to ride comfort and therefore luxury, period.

>the one in the eldorado was for a driveshaft
wow, you're making my neurons work extra hard today

>And oddly enough, FWD cars have center bumps too.

Hold up a piece of paper by one end.
Watch it flop over.
Put a fold down the middle of the paper.
Hold up the piece of paper again, the fold at your fingers.
Watch it not flop over.

You now know why they put a tunnel in FWD cars.

also look at the Jetta I posted above, it's huge compared to the tunnel in the Caddy too and there's no excuse

It wasn't, that's the entire point. It's tiny and not in the way, unlike a massive RWD tunnel.

I already knew, I was commenting it in a condescending way because FWD apologists pretend they have no tunnels.

And it wouldn't pass a modern crash test, unlike the Jetta that has a tunnel so yuge it could house a driveshaft in it. Stop trying to damage control.

This is what the rear tunnel on a modern FWD Cadillac looks like. The reason? Crash tests.

>"I was just pretending to be retarded."

But the tunnel has nothing to do with crash safety. The Jetta is just badly designed, it's not inherent to FWD cars. Here's a Citroen C6 with an almost disappearing tunnel. On taller FWD vehicles like minivans where you can route the exhaust below the floorpan the floor is in fact entirely flat.

>this thread
lmfao FWD cucks getting railed pretty hard ITT

Only because the floor is higher. It's like an automotive version of floating floors.

>he thinks people ITT are fans of FWD
>he doesn't realise they just think OP is a fucking moron for unironically believing that RWD makes a car more luxurious

How ignorant. Very sad.

If RWD doesn't make a car more luxurious, how come so many brands have FWD only for their entry level models? Also if you don't mind this question, how much is VAG paying per post? I have some spare time in my hands and could use some money. Being a VAG disinfo shill seems pretty amusing, you get to pretend to be retarded and get paid for it.

>implying VAG cares about FWD at this point
VAG shills do damage control on dieselgate which still causes them trouble, the guy you replied to is probably a Lincoln shill pretending to be a VAG shill. Lincoln has been pretty nervous lately because of the Cadillac renaissance.

>Cadillac renaissance
BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA PFFFFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHA
found GM's marketing team

Merifats BTFO

>Also if you don't mind this question, how much is VAG paying per post?

LMFAO
>"my opinions are so correct someone would only disagree with me if they were paid to"

How arrogant. Very sad.

>If RWD doesn't make a car more luxurious

RWD makes a car handle better.
many manufacturers are using RWD in their luxury cars because they're trying to make them more sporty.
But it sure as fuck doesn't make them more luxurious.

how so?

old money type are just retards who don't want to admit that in a fully meritocratic society they would be losers but that doesn't mean that once you get rich you have to get a Bugatti.

>All these Lincoln and Cadillac shilling

Daily reminder:

Lincoln and Cadillac: cars of choice for niggers and senile old men

>many manufacturers are using RWD in their luxury cars because they're trying to make them more sporty.
Wow, really clonks the ol' bonker. It's like the luxury car manufacturers haven't been making RWD cars since their inception.

>All these VAG shills
Daily reminder:
Audi: cars of choice for the new rich with money but no class or knowledge of cars who are desperate for a blingy status symbol
>once you get rich you have to get a Bugatti.
That's the new rich mentality. Old money are all about stealth wealth.

>hurr hurr this 1904 Rolls Royce was RWD because they thought it was more """""luxurious""""" than FWD

FWD hadn't even been invented then you fucking moron.

Holy fuck you are stupid.
I mean HOLY FUCK.

I'm out.

Please don't breed.

>Admitting a nigger can afford a more expensive car than you

Most old Cadillac cars are FWD.

Did you know that in 60's, Mercedes cars such as Grosser were RWD while 60's Cadillac cars were FWD?

das rite

>hurr hurr they didn't decide to stay in RWD after over a century not because of luxury but because of some secret arbitrary reason

I can't imagine how much of a failure your parents must feel.

>implying the ATS, CTS and CT6 aren't the return of Cadillac to the white man
>implying niggers don't buy mostly old caddies specially 80s ones for their donk bullshit

Yes, I do. In fact, I'm the OP. Cadillac is making true luxury again, and Audi is still making glorified VWs. Mercedes-Benz never stopped making true luxury cars, but added some non-luxury cars to their lineup.

At least, Audi offers two layouts. What's wrong with having more choices?

S8 is stupidly fast for its size. Its sprint to 60 mph is dismissed in a 3.3 seconds.

I can't wait to see the next-gen S8.

>Cadillac is making true luxury again
>true luxury

my side

>dat projection

pathetic comeback

>Audi were the glorified VWs

fix'd

They stopped sharing most parts since 2000s

Otherwise, it would be like saying cadillac is still making glorified chevys.

nice memes
I used to make the
>American """""""""""luxury""""""""""" cars
thread with pic related until the CT6 showed up.

>They stopped sharing most parts since 2000s
>Otherwise, it would be like saying cadillac is still making glorified chevys.
>the A8 isn't a VW Phaeton with four rings on the grill
top kek

Oh and also I used to mock how the CTS interior looked less classy than the Lacrosse interior with those shitty glossy plastics everywhere (with Buick slotted under Cadillac) and all that but the CT6 interior is superb. It's the first Cadillac in decades that I find myself lusting after.

>A8 isn't a VW Phaeton with four rings on the grill

That 2nd gen A8 (aka D3) is a Phaeton with all-aluminium body.

The current A8 (aka D4) is not related to Phaeton.

The upcoming model shares the platform with the VW Phideon. Audis are glorified VWs.

>It's the first Cadillac in decades that I find myself lusting after.

Good for you if you have low standards for a luxury car.

>ats
404 relevance not found
that said I'd rather have an ATS than a glorified Passat

>VW Phideon
>Audis are glorified VWs.

You mean Phideon is the Audi car with a VW badge on the grill. It is only aimed at the Chinese market.

>the audi "equivalent" has two meme screens instead, one of them being an autistic iPad and the other an annoying gauge replacement
thanks but I'll take the Caddy

Sorry m8 but the Phideon is the only full size MLBevo car in production. That makes the A8 a glorified Phideon.

Holy shit is that leather-texture plastic on the top of the dash?

It's designed as an FWD car with optional AWD capability
Therefore its engineering is FWD-based

S-Class > Lexus LS > BMW 7 > Cadillac CT6 > (POWER GAP) > anything VAG

Yes, as usual VAG can't even be fucked to use better quality materials in their "premium" products, and decides to use something that only gives an illusion of higher quality than the cars they're based on

I didn't know there is another new VW full-size car. I found out it is for China only. Bummer... It looks a sweet car

Meh, I will take the affordable Audi than a glorified chevy.

>affordable Audi
Except the VW is priced more like it should be,a mainstream midsize car
The "premium" variant is the exact same thing but more expensive because it has four rings in the grille

at last a guy who gets what I'm saying
wtf? I thought Audis had full leather, are you sure it's not the pic giving a wrong impression? I've seen the faux leather plastic in all the VW range including the higher end vehicles like the Touareg V10, but I haven't seen an Audi with a plastic dash.
>a glorified chevy.
far from it buddy, it's the only car in the Omega platform
that's like calling the Panamera a glorified VW

my bad, I thought you were talking about the CT6 and it was the ATS
still not a glorified Chevy though

>at last a guy who gets what I'm saying
You even started the thread with my pic

>its engineering is FWD-based

Then that engineering is top-notch cuz according to the review, S8’s blistering performance makes it one of the ultimate sleepers sold today.

>In Dynamic mode, S8 hunkers down on its suspension and seemingly defies the laws of physics with keen steering, deft responses, and a willingness to rotate that belie its size and nearly two-and-a-half-ton curb weight.

And yet an S-Class, 7-series, Lexus LS or even a CT6 are better luxury cars because they were never designed with an FWD drivetrain in mind
Keep on living in your fantasy world where VAG is actually a good company though

wew, in my headcannon I had created it but then I checked the archives and you're right
I created the thread where you first posted it though :^)

>paid reviews
also this, with a nuance
VAG is shit in general but Porsche is great and Bentley has some nice stuff. Also outside the luxury segment, Skoda is based.

That you did, I don't really go out of my way to create this type of thread, VAGfags are free to live in their own delusion although I will call them out on it from time to time

>TSI engine
>good

I don't even do them to create butthurt, although I get some lulz from that. The main attraction for me is getting fellos br/o/s to shit on VAG and have some laughs together on them
fair enough

one last shameless bump

This.

awd> fwd

I remember watching a video from the 1930s where they were explaining RWD, and one of the problems they brought up was there being no room for the driveshaft. They addressed it by setting the driveshaft at an angle, leaving the interior flat as a box.