Between the US, Canada, and Japan, which country is the most autotragic? Are there other countries where manual is rare?

Between the US, Canada, and Japan, which country is the most autotragic? Are there other countries where manual is rare?

i thought japan had lots of manual cars?

US by far. Have you even been to those other countries? Or have you never been to the US?

NO

US. I've been to both countries, the US and the Canada. I've found more manual cars in the Canada than the US. I've not been to Japan.

What autotragics are popular in Japan?

As for your question let's ask it the other way around:
Are there any other countries where autotragic is the norm than US?

I've heard many times that the take rate for autos is even higher in Japan than it is in the US, but never seen any solid data supporting it. Hoping I might see something here.

Only sports cars/enthusiast models are manual. Most daily driven grocery getter shitboxes are autos

I've been Italy, France, Bahrain, the UAE and live in the good ol' US of A. I can tell you the US has more autotragics than any country by far. To put into perspective:
>many people drive but very few have a manual just like many people watch tv but very few have a body pillow of their waifu

Interesting, I always through that Japan had a decent amount of manuals especially when drifting, tohgay and all other kinds of racing being a thing in there. Well, you learn something new everyday.

Automatic was a traditionally luxurious feature that was also initially marketed to women as being easier to drive. America decided nah fuck that and just made it standard while the rest of the world kept their cheaper to manufacture and repair manual transmissions. Back in the 60s and 70s it wasn't uncommon convert cool muscle cars to shitty three speed autos. Now the rest of the world is slowly starting to prefer automatic just not nearly at the rates of auto American cars.

Do Euros actually like manuals, or do they just buy them because they are cheaper? Almost every single non-poorfag car in Europe that doesn't have a Lotus (sometimes BMW/Porsche) badge on is automatic. Even cars that feel like they should be manual (4C, new Alpine) are automatic-only. Meanwhile almost every single performance car in the US can be had with a manual gearbox.

I'm not sure about the price, but most people here wouldn't even consider buying a car with an automatic transmission. Such cars kind of have a bad name here. Automatic transmission on a non-luxury car is generally seen as something for old ladies and disabled persons. I'm not saying it's true; it's just how a lot of people feel. If you've always driven stick, shifting isn't a 'hassle' like some posters in this board assume. It's not something you think about, so an automatic might seem meddlesome. It's a kind of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' feeling. Furthermore, if you take your driving test in an automatic car, you are not allowed to drive a manual one.

>Do Euros actually like manuals, or do they just buy them because they are cheaper?

Manual is just the norm, why waste 500 euros extra on an autobox when you learnt on a manual?

You've never been to Japan or have only been to Tokyo.

initial d was twenty years ago user, times have changed and it was a niche even back then

>What autotragics are popular in Japan?
Because nobody gives a shit. Only Amerisharts think being able to shift is difficult and warrants mention at every opportunity.

It's a fuel efficiency and power thing. Manuals allow you better control over what part of the rev range you're in, which on small engines is crucial for making the most use of the limited torque band. Americans of course simply use autotragic mated to huge boat engines because they don't give a shit about burning twice as much fuel to achieve the exact same thing.

>inb4 LE MODERN AUTOTRAGICS R MORE EFISHUNT xD

most people there dont want a car, they live in a huge city, they just want something to go from A to B

>The Canada

>drive around
>see nice challenger or something
>peek in window
>it's fucking Autotragic
Gets me every time.
And then I see ricers and their cars are automatics as well. What's the fucking point...

Why would you buy a manual muscle car?

Because retards think everything should be manuel even when it shouldn't

U wot

?

The US is so diverse so some state prob have like a high percentage of manual drivers, yet in some other states (California, where I live) it is cucksville and almost everyone dives auto

>Car made for straightline acceleration and cruising
>Hurr it needs to be manuel for muh feels
Autos are faster in a straight line anyways. There's no point in a manual muscle car.

Yeah, it's not like this in Canada

If you look inside any hot hatch, sport compact, muscle car, sports car, or Mazda econobox in Canada, it's a manual 80% of the time

Australia has a lot of autos too. But still loads of manuals.

They should have this mentality with engines but instead you get atrocities like the timing chain of the rs4.

Mostly manuals in my experience. Everyone is pretty car crazy and a guy is a faggot if he has an auto.