People at work know i am in need of a new car and that i am actively look

>people at work know i am in need of a new car and that i am actively look
>just out of typical small talk of asking me how my search is going i tell i think i found something
>show them a pictures of blobeye WRXs
>they all think it looks weird and ugly
>ive already put my deposit in and holding onto it already

lmao not that it matters, i cant wait to pick it up and cant wait to tease the girls for being haters.

but yeah why do girls think they look weird and ugly. i think they look mad cute and cool.

even my sister says it looks strange.

are wrxs really strange and weird looking cars? what is it about them?

it seems to be only girls who think this. most dudes like how they look

>most dudes like how they look
That's because most dudes are faggots with shit taste. Why do you think most dudes like the Miata?

fuck what they think, WRXs are god's gift

>All men are gay.
Y'know I hate to say it but I think I have to agree with you there.

Can confirm. I am gay and love getting Miatia owners to blow me out in public since they try so hard

Those bugeye WRXs are ugly as fuq.

Also women only like new cars so while you may think your teasing them, they think your a poorfag who needs a turbo to compensate for small genitalia.

no user, they'll just think OP is poor. Their intelligence does not allow them to think past that.

Am I the only one who really really really would want to take the spoiler/wing off a WRX if they bought one

girls don't know anything and really don't care unless you're putting them on the spot and forcing them to come up with an opinion lol

like shit lol girls don't care about cars unless it doesn't have ac and its 90F out or the radio doesnt work or it breaks down somewhere

No.

>taking a woman's thoughts or opinions seriously ever
women are fucking clueless OP buy the car for you and enjoy it

Hey guys probably a bit off topic but I'm thinking about buying a wrx and they appear to be good bang for your buck but hard to find an unbiased opinion on them so just wondering if the engine is as hard to work on as I've heard?

>good bang for your buck
i

I ride motorcycles bruh only got my learners for a car the other day please inform me if you know something I don't ive worked on a few cars though mainly r32 skylines and older evos though

wrx is ricer taxed, good luck getting a "good" deal on one

subarus are easy anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't try hard enough

That is definitely true but I see the odd gf8 where I live stock as for around 1500-3000 with varying rego amounts and 85,000km - 180,000km
Most complaints seem to be based around headwork and engine mods but I hear of a few bitching about routine maintenance mainly sparkplugs

I do like the bugeye looks. It's hella quirky and while I disagree that it looks mad (it's like opposite of mad) I like the look, haters be damned.
But I gave up looking for one for myself after a short stint.
>What's cheap has been beat/modded to hell and what's not is unreasonably expensive, if you can find the goddamn unicorn of a car at all
>It's shitbox with a loud engine, which doesn't sound like a good idea to daily drive over longer distance
>Psst: headgaskets.

The one in OP? Yes, definitely would get rid of that one. Looks pretty gay, get a real spoiler OP.

>older evos
where are you that old evos are around?

Bug eyes look like aids. Peanut eyes and hawk eyes are the best.

Because they are a true mans car

ive always liked the look of the sti wing. should i get one even though my car isnt an sti

>That wing
Goddamnit almost choked on my drink.

Aus my dude mainly evo 3s n 5s and a bunch of wannabe 1-3 gsrs

5 onward sure but there are bugger all genuine 3 in Aus.

that miata is junk

Hence the bunch of wannabe gsrs with 63t conversions if I'm being honest maybe 2 genuine old evos ive laid my hands on

the import law for it is stupid. apparently the GSR was too similar to the evo so pre V can't be imported

Really?! I don't know much about the history of the car like I said I ride motorcycles but if that's true that's stupid as fuck

>Hard to work on
To be quite honest, everything could be a breeze to do on my Subaru if I had small hands.

I have a friend that's maybe 5'5" and he can work on it with great ease. His hands make mine look like Andre the Giants. At 5'11" I either hunch over or I have to jack the car up to work on it without inducing lower back pain.

I've had substantially harder times doing similar service on my GM vehicles in the past.

First time around spark plugs took me over two hours. Second time around, literally the next day, it took me about 15 minutes. I took a 3" extension and popped the pin detent out to make separating it from the spark plug socket easy to do. On top of that, I knew exactly how I wanted to utilize my extensions and ujoint adapters.

>Head work
Although I haven't had to pull mine, it looks like it'll be almost as easy as a Square body 350 swap. Okay, not quite as easy as a carb'd 350.

Is that a glorious 2002 WRX STI? If so it's a great car(drive one myself).

GC/GF8 WRXs are a little tougher because their bays are narrower (espc. frame rail clearance) but GDBs are reasonably easy.

Sparkplugs and Valve Cover Gaskets aren't that bad, use a swivel socket or the right extensions. I already did both, its actually reasonably easy IMO. Remove airbox/duct on right, remove battery and unbolt harness plugs on left and you have full access to the sides.

Headwork will suck (valve adjustments/headgaskets/etc) easier to just pull the motor which is pretty easy to do. My bigger complaint is the amount of turbo piping..

Other stuff that people don't mention is that the rest is reasonably easy to do even easier than other cars. Accessories are on top of the car, longitudinal transmission so a clutch isn't terrible to do, full front of the engine can be accessed removing the radiator making for easy belt changes, oil changes are well thought out. Turbo is reasonably accessible next to the intercooler.

Because blobeyes and hawkeyes look like tryhard edgy shit

Bugeyes are the only second-gen WRXs front-ends that look decent.

Hakweye>bugeye

>Why do girls think they look weird and ugly?

Anybody with sense knows it's ugly and weird looking. Face it. It's a decent car but looks aren't why most people would buy it.

Explain why you care what they think. They won't be driving it and won't be riding in it.

Bugeyes acutally look pretty good in real life, I wasn't a fan of the car based on images, But when I saw it in real life and the owner told me it could fit 4 little girls in the trunk I was sold.

bugeye best eye

4?
how little?