You don't need a Ram 3500 for hauling boats and driving on gravel roads...

You don't need a Ram 3500 for hauling boats and driving on gravel roads. This is literally the ideal truck for 90% of truck owners. Why do truckfags hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tfltruck.com/2016/09/2017-honda-ridgeline-how-does-it-tow-on-the-extreme-super-ike-gauntlet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's oddly small and fuckhuge at the same time

i'd get an odyssey instead

that's not a truck, it's a minivan with a truck bed

although most truck owners would be better off with it

Rather get a Civic.

Does it have true 4x4? Didn't think so.

Its pretty nice inside, and the in-bed cooler is pretty neat.

Other than that though....

This, wake me up when there's a truck like this but it either has real AWD like Subaru's or a traditional 4WD system. Honda """""AWD""""" a shit.

you don't need it besides since it's honda stuff it's magic and will always work, and be better than everyone else's

>interference engine
>timing belt

The Ridgeline doesn't use Haldex, it's a full time AWD

>not a body on frame so I can't lift it
>actually need the ground clearance for my job/fun life
>no 4x4 for muddy roads
>ugly as fuck
>3,500-5,000 towing capacity
LOL, not NEARLY enough. That will BARELY pull my race car trailer.

90% of people don't haul race car trailers or actually go off-road with there trucks. OP's initial assertion is still valid

you can't even fit a dirt bike in the bed
i've tried

>MUH LIFT AND ALL WHEEL DRIVE FOR A FEW MUDDY ROADS
Americans are the biggest sissies.

God damn photoshops of Ridgelines with dirt bikes in the bed.

i should have added "with the tailgate closed" i don't wanna drive around with that shit hanging out

What fucking difference does it make? The things are strapped down.

maybe i want to have other stuff in the bed and don't want to have a thousand straps over it all?

You obviously don't live in an area where it snows that much? There's more than mud out there to get through. Sometimes there's snow and lots of it.

Bruh.

Looks like they might have took the front wheels off.

i live in northern ontario and winter a subcompact
i have a 4x4 but she sleeps in the winter

that is so dumb

Now you're just being picky

Bed extenders are brilliant. Extend the bed when folded out, organize the bed and secure loads when folded in. Some of them even fold flat and double as loading ramps.

>I can ruin a mercedes to get through a couple roads
>or take a lifted truck and never worry about it

Just because you can haul ass in a POS car and suck water into the engine and interior doesn't mean it's the best way, faggot.

>I drive back and forth to work on paved roads
>LOL GAY TRUCKS!!!!
Whatever kid.

or i could just spend less money on a truck with a normal sized bed

Why should I pay attention to someone who thinks he knows more than someone who's driven a Mercedes across Africa and thinks he needs specialized equipment to get down his own fucking driveway in suburban America in winter?

>projecting

And how long did that car last? How comfortable was that trip? How inefficient was that drive?

Only a moron would think your argument makes sense. I can take my corolla through some rough shit and probably have a rough time to barely make it, all while abusing the fuck out of it. OR I can get a proper truck and easily make it, all while not destroying it. Again, just because it CAN make it, doesn't make it the best tool for the job.

>You don't need
There's that word again. Europeans are such faggots.

FWD and a gutless V6, what more do you need to know?

It's like the Stewart of trucks. Wearing its Winger t-shirt.

>FWD transverse V6
>5'3" bed
>same MPG as an F-150

I don't need that or a 3500. I just want a 1500 with a regular cab, that's all I'm asking for

>5K towing capacity

Right off the bat you can't even tow most travel trailers unless its a dinky little pop up trailer, and then you have to shove all kinds of shit in the "box" to make it work.

Not to mention its a unibody, including the box. I'd love to see how repairable these things are with an impact over the rear axle, probably enough to total it.

Overall, you're better off spending the money on an actual truck that can actually tow shit and not being made fun of by everyone. The Ridgeline is literally laughingwhores.jpg come to life.

Yeah, you've never seen a real mud pit before. You actually need pic related to get through the mud pits we have in the south.

>Ridgeline is a shit truck
>almost won truck of the year

Gay, ugly, barely enough for most things, minimal advantages. Any questions?

>>same MPG as an F-150
This here is it's worst offense, if it at least got better mileage than a real full-size truck the Ridgeline might have something going for it. As it stands though the Ridgeline is a minivan with a bed masquerading as a truck but with lower towing/hauling capacity, "4x4" that doesn't have low-range, and it doesn't even save you money on gas.

This. Its fucking ugly.

Atleast the other meme trucks like the ford explorer adrenalin are cool looking.

The ridgeline is literally a fucking oddessy with part of the back missing.

who would buy a ridgeline when you can get a tacoma?

ridgeline is like half the price~

Honestly I'm seeing a good number of these where I live in the midwest. Seems to be catching on with white collars.

tacoma is like $7000 cheaper than ridgeline

Dude it's a fucking Honda pilot with the hatch chopped off into a flatbed

4 door 4x4 auto tacomas start at $38,500 canadian

4 door AWD auto ridgeline start at $38,600 canadian.

Nigga I've plowed through half and inch of snow in a Boxster, you really only need proper winter tires and an above room temperature IQ

Those don't exist anymore
>b-but look at this one specific fleet version of an F150 that I can't buy

It's actually such a dated and shit truck. The only reason it isn't considered the worse small truck is because the Nissan Frontier still exists

>Why do truckfags hate it?
They don't want a unibody truck. They want a chassis on rails truck.

cause they could make one for $2k with an awd minivan, a sawzall, an afternoon and a 24 of beer

looks like a crv ute.

Why did you repost this? We had this same thread a month ago. Same image, even.

>durr unibody is shit

As an MJ owner you're not proving him wrong.
But you can definitely jack a unibody up as high as any frame-on-rails if that's the point you're trying to make.

Stewart's got his Winger t-shirt on, just like Beavis and Butthead's AC/DC and Metallica shirts...

A unibody is enough to tow whatever a midsize truck will ever tow, the only reason why Toyota, Nissan et al are still using BoF for their small trucks is because they paid off the tooling and assembly line and it's just cheaper

The new Grand Cherokee with a diesel engine can tow as much as "muh body on frame reel truk" specced out Colorado diesel

Looks like a ladder frame to me

The Ridgeline is shit because it can't do things it wasn't designed to do

i like trucks that pretend to be minivans more than minivans that pretend to be trucks

Because modern tacos are shit.

cheap truck with good fuel economy and serviceability? dont care about looks really. in Australia.

In what ways? Has Toyota's build quality gone down too?

Quinton?

Get a Monaro, cunt

Can't go lower than rock bottom

Navara d21

>D21

this right here. Nissan has made some turds in its time, but the D21 was not one of them.

You mean the mud pits you intentionally create to park in and get drunk, you inbred fucking yokels.

Source: my ass

That's disgusting

Prove me wrong

tfltruck.com/2016/09/2017-honda-ridgeline-how-does-it-tow-on-the-extreme-super-ike-gauntlet/

It's rated 5000. It tows 5000. It does what it says on the spec sheet with no problems.

Reread my original post

No

>I abuse my car because I fell for poor fag truck memes

How is that abuse? Genuinely curious.

What the fuck is wrong with Americans.

You're agreeing with him

Ridgeline is faster than a Ram on Nurburgring, clearly it's better

>the super expensive $44k + grand cherokee can't tow as much as the lowest level truck on the market

Cherokee with Hemi
>7,200lbs
Canyon Diesel
>7,700lbs
KEK

t.fat poor people that girls won't touch

>Cherokee with a Hemi
Where did I say that? It has a diesel

And a Colorado/Canyon with a diesel is expensive as shit too

Not biting Mr fisherman

I only buy old well used trucks.

A new truck would be almost worthless to me. I need to haul shit, I can't be worried about scratching up the bed.

The diesel and hemi have the same towing capacity and both are expensive.

You are comparing it to the bottom of the rung truck on the market and it can't even beat it. Also I can go get a diesel canyon right now for mid $30k, brand new. A shitty cherokee diesel starts at about $44k and you can't carry as much as a bed of a truck. Basically, you pay more for less shit just so you can keep memeing about trucks.

It's a fucking Honda.. it's just not right, and though it can be argued it's ugly

>pay more for less
Have you been inside wither of them?

For what it's worth Toyota gave a 15 year interval for free replacement of the frame under warranty if it started to rust, anyone who didn't take it in is an idiot.

RUST
U
S
T

the toyota's of the same era have the same rust problems, but you aren't paying the 2k+ meme tax that comes with it. D21 is a heavily underrated pick up.

a million mexican drywallers can't be wrong.

>metal rusts
Shocker

They made a good move separating the bed from the body.

The whole IRS bit on a pickup probably bothers me the most.

Nothing triggers Veeky Forums quite like a Ridgeline thread.

Ironic, considering most of you drive shitbox 4 cylinder cars and don't even have a real job.

good thing I'm a polydimensional and important human and the 3500 is just the truck for me! Dog bles! :DDD

fuck off the Frontier is a million times better than the shit Tacoma. The Tacoma doesn't even have a full boxed frame.

>I am a retard.