Lincon Town Car

Hello I am from Germany and someone in my neighborhood is selling a Lincoln Town Car for 6 000 €

It has ~ 400 000 km

Is it comfy like E Class Mercedes?

I drive a Ford Focus Station Wagon. I want something bigger. I have 8 000 € available.

>BMW e60
>Mercedes CLS or E
>BMW e38

HELP

It'll be mega comfy and plenty reliable. Another great thing is that you don't have to deal with retards thinking your a cop at first glance like we do here in Burgerland.

It will be comfy, but I figure it won't feel as solidly put together like an E Class.

But I suspect you'd have the following issues with the car:
- This is Germany; is it hard to get 'Murican car parts?
- It's a land yacht; will you be able to navigate through smaller European streets with it?
- Bruh, it's 400K KM car.

Yes but I see two big problems

#1 if something brakes i have none to fix it except i go to a Ford Dealership, which is about 80 Miles away and even than i dont know if they could do something. Lincons are very rare.

#2 the MPG

1 Liter gasoline costs about 1,40 €

The Guy selling told me this car needs minimum 12 Liters per 100 km.

It's basically the "sew fawnceh" version of the Crown Vic. 6000 Moonbux sounds a bit high for something that's got 240k miles on it. It's got the Modular in it, not the Windsor? Dunno, but I'd check to make sure it's not burning oil. Those luxobarges had 1000 different bells and whistles on them - and by now most of them are broken, I bet. But that's no different that any of those other luxobarges you mentioned, so it really comes down to price and the state the engine is in. See if he'll come down to 4000 Moonbux or even lower.

Are they comfy? They are butt-fondling comfy, my dear Germanon. That car was designed to carry you in comfort from New York to San Francisco. Or Michigan to Arizona. Only thing plusher would be a mid-80s Cadillac.

>6000 eurobucks
>for an American car
>with 400,000km

Its not hard to get parts. But its expansiv.

I live on the country side, it will be most of the time no problem. Only if i go into the city i would get problems when looking for a parking spot. Small Euro is a Meme.

Lincoln is just a brand of Ferd. Any Ferd dealership (well here in Burgerland anyway) can handle a Lincoln.

It has the "Ford Modular SOHC V8"

4.6 liters (281 cu in)
239 hp (178 kW)

I could also buy a BMW e60 or Mercedes E Class for the same price

both are Diesel

>4.6L V8
>239hp

fucking wew lad

American engineering

You should've seen what the Windsor was making before it. 150Hp.

too expensive. talk him down to 2k or dont buy

>American """muscle"""

Both the Windsor and the Modular can make much more power, they detuned those V8s for those particular cars. They were not selling Mustangs to young hooners, they were targeted at old retiring Boomers and their parents. All they felt the car needed was some torque in the low and midrange and for it to be quiet at cruising speed.

How rare is that Lincoln in the Middle East? Could you pick up some girls using it as a conversation piece?

They are literally tree proof.

Wassup fellow yurobro. Actually a friend of mine (know him becouse he is in the same US car club as myself) has one with 380k km. Its a bit expensive but thats pretty much the case with all rare US vehicles over here. Its very reliable and the gas millage is not as bad somehow as it would be the case with german v8s. Navigating the car through europe wont be hard thats just a myth. If people can park mercedes s class or 7 series in the city lincoln wont be a problem. The car is great its a proper luxobarge, sounds funny but i would expect that kind of smoothnes and quitness from a 90s bentley or rollse, and becouse it has a proper american v8 it pulls and accelarets supprisingly fast (but dont expect it to drive past 200kmh). And the parts wont be really hard to get. When you need something just ask for advice on your countries forum for US cars. You also have ebay and many parts shop specified in US cars across europe. It also really something special to drive something like this every day becouse european car makers never made cars like this and your ford focus will stay in your memory as a kids toy. The only bad part about having us car here is the attention you get, or at least its for me becouse Im not really social human being. If you buy it i hope you will be happy with it and sorry for bad english I usually dont post anything on Veeky Forums

>american """"""luxury"""""" cars

>retards thinking your a cop at first glance
Doesn't that apply to Crown Vics? And how is it a minus?

>Only if i go into the city i would get problems when looking for a parking spot. Small Euro is a Meme.
this
Sounds like you've never been to Europe and/or don't know how big Mercs can be

>spending 6k euro on a shitty american barge with 400k kilometres on it

>terrible mpg
>very expensive to fill up cuz its tank size is HUGE -- still terrible mpg
>ride like a floating boat - terrible handling

Why do you want to buy this POS in the sophisticated country, Germany?

>muh unique

pathetic

>terrible mpg
they get pretty good mpg for their size

If you drive a lincoln, people think you're a taxi, not a cop.

That said, my dad has one and it is supremely comfortable. Air suspension smooths out every feature of the road, for better and worse. Also it has a strange feature of allowing water to flow THROUGH its door panels. (actually a feature) I have no clue why they did this, but in my dad's this system is horribly clogged and you'll carry hundreds of pounds of water around for days after a rain storm sloshing as you turn and stop and leaking slowly, everywhere. Engine is indestructible. Boot can hold 5+ adult bodies.

Yes, it applies to Crown Vics and sometimes Grand Marquis. Town Cars generally look different enough that if someone thinks it's a cop car, they're stupid enough that they're driving like shit anyway regardless of what you drive.

It's a minus because it makes you a huge fucking weenie.

>very expensive to fill up cuz its tank size is HUGE
It takes me around $35 to fill the tank on my Panther from 'gas warning light is on' to full, and that's in Jew York which is consistently $.20+ above average.