You will never be able to afford a fast car

>you will never be able to afford a fast car.

why even live? Out of all the possible hobbies I had to be born attracted to this one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJMAy7Z6zys
youtube.com/watch?v=OyuAXsqaqfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can build a fast car for $30,000.

Buy an old shell like an early 80's Corolla. Swap in a newer engine that punches out 300-400hp, then scour e-Bay and Craigslist for second hand parts like coilovers, wheels, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJMAy7Z6zys

People make their own cars all the time, bro.

>$30,000
Did you accidentally add an extra zero?

The upkeep on that sounds expensive.

define fast

because a $3,000 Civic with a few simple mods can destroy most cars

>tfw no tools
>tfw a mechanical retard

care to share those few simple mods?

If you can't afford a fast car then you can't really afford a car.

2jz swap, bodykit, remove backseats, give it an S200 transmission, catback exhaust, boom a few """""""simple""""" mods and you're good

Save $100 every month till you have 5k then buy a mustang or something dude

Where there's a will, there's a way

youtube.com/watch?v=OyuAXsqaqfA

I think you mean

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous
im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

nice bro

No. $30,000 would build a very decent car, assuming OP needs to hire out for some of the work. Painting is almost always something none of us can do on our own (if we don't want it to look like shit), so you can budget $2,000-4,000 for a proper strip and paint of any shell (or less if you want a nigger-tier paint job from Maaco).

Add to these costs the replacement of any worn parts like control arms, bearings, u-joints, etc., as well as re-fabricating any parts that are salvageable (i.e. mounts), and adding new stuff for safety (i.e. tear proof fuel cells). Then budget for inspection and licensing costs (these vary from one country to another, and state by state). Add new tires to that (minimum $1,000 for good tires, which you will buy if you want a "fast car", otherwise you've just wasted tons of money).

If you think you could do it for way less than $30K, all the power to you. But keep in mind you're not a professional painter, welder, mechanic, etc.

woahh!!!

you really are fast!!!!!!

i'll keep my distance almighty senpai

>no tools

This is another really good point, and something that can add to costs. Just setting yourself up with proper air tools (or cordless stuff, which ultimately runs you just as much money), hand tools, and supporting items like engine lifts can run you $3-4,000.

What kind of paint job makes it the fastest? I bet flames.

White.

>wants a fast car cheap
>worried about paint

even if you needed a shop to do everything you wouldnt be spending close to 30k for something lik power adder engine rebuild clutch and some tires

Nigga you buy a fast car for 30k
You build a fast car for 10

Get into bikes then
Am 18k new bike is faster than 99.99%of stuff on the street and there's a good chance it'll put you out your misery at some point

How fast is fast, really? How quick do you need to be? Camaros and Mustangs are cheap as fuck used. Are those fast enough?

You will bro, i believe in you

>buy $500 shitbox
>buy the shitty 300 piece tool set from harbor freight for $29.98 + tax
>buy some shitty HF jackstands while your at it
>fix said shitty car using parts found at junkyards and the cheap section of rockauto using youtube, service manual, trial and error, prayer, etc to learn how
>congrats, you now know how to fix cars, sell the $500 shitbox that now runs for $1500 and buy something like a shitty miata to slowly build up

>buy a fast car for 30K

Really? Please show me something that isn't a used Porsche with 101 problems.

Because anything less is not fast, it's quick.

>he thinks a used Mustang GT is fast

kek

So why not buy some secondhand "quick" car and make it faster than said Porsche? I'm not following your logic.

You can buy a late C6 for that much, which is already pretty fast
It's up to you how you want to add power after that

buy a cadillac vsport....

Just buy a motorcycle and do some track days. You can get a track ready R6 for 3 grand, gear and admission for another grand.

Gulf livery.

listen, my brother in law was born to a dirt poor family with no dad and just last year at age 41 bought a brand new v12 vanquish. it takes a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck but it can be done

we all started somewhere, drove a fucking toyota econobox for years before i could afford something better.

you have to start somewhere and you have to put the work in to get the result

a guy is not going to throw you the keys to his ferrari and say "it's yours" you get out what you put into this hobby.