FAQ: pastebin.com/vRytNg3E

Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/fNkbYfc6

Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Just Released
DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released
Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints

Heartful Maman - MILF Eroge
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2232471

>Upcoming Games

Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - To be released 28th July 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
RPG - by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Modern Setting - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

>Mangagamer Most Requested Titles Survey Results
Rance Series (1st)
Evenicle (9th)
Daiteikoku (19th)

>Upcoming Events
Drawfag Weekend - Kanami Weekend starting May 6th
Veeky Forums League 8 - Starting June 9th

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/2cb4y0/the_latest_rance_series_character_relationship/?st=j1tls1qa&sh=b52c48a2
axfc.net/u/3554994.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Although in 4 Orion only did monsters designs, right?

Yeah.

Red still best

There's probably going to be a third girl at some point, so I reserve my judgement. I don't remember what red looks like, so I can't compare the two anyways.

I bet on a yellow valkyrie at some point.

I like her design

And Shizuka later on. The twist is that they're all Ithere's Apostles.

Red looks and sounds pretty great. Will want to see both her romantic and corruption scenes.

For FFA mod user.
I played with Leazas, Thieves and Jap and enjoyed it so far.

1) Is Katsuie turned into cavalry by mistake or is it some joke that I don't get?
2) Toshie is bullshit. What's the point of the cannon? I get that him, Ranceko and Rouga are fun and all but considering Japan are pretty op to begin with, it really does affect the gameplay too much.
3) Sepia cannot use guard because of her battlefield construction skill.
4) Lelyukov is tactitian now but he still has his old warrior attack despite having those guys with bows in his sprite.
5) Maris is still shit. Just give her the solo healing that buffs speed.
6) Rance should either get at least 4 action flags or be able to recover flags with Sill healing like in dungeon battles.
7) Is it possible to give the staring generic kalars unique kalar portraits like demons and youkais' instead of regular solder ones?
8) Milli didn't seem that stupid. Also, please, give Shizuka at least 6 int. She's below a lot of the new mages which is whatever but a lot of generics get better stats than her too.
9) Is Satella demon king now?
10) Are there going to be other events like Rouga's for other nations?

1. Katsuie is a cavalry unit in KR
2. TOSH is the strongest.

Then it would be a nice idea to remove Souun or someone else. I certainly don't remember Japan being the greatest force in KR.

Sounn should probably go for sure.

9. Satella is DHR user waifu

There was no FFA in KR after all. You only got to JAPAN after reuniting Leazas and going through probably most of the Free Cities, and that's when you wanted to fight them early. You could also opt to just let them sit on their island until way later.

Bumping this question!

Adds an option to cheat every turn and use an instant win attack in battles and heal your units and attack multiple cities per turn etc.

A villain I guess

I hope she becomes the main character's Satella.

Well there will be a Demon King route I guess.

Still no leaks for Rance X?

2 screen shots were diffused.

A heroine I hope

Let's just hope that there would be something concrete to leak at this point.

She's a villain.

Those two screen shots.

Oh that's new. Thanks.

and

The Evenicle team is also working on a new IP which appears to be an RPG very similar to Evenicle.

The remake team is making a game in a modern day setting. Gyoukai is doing the art.

The MILF team is doing a new game.

And the Atlach Nacha writer is apparently doing something.

Some people have speculated that you have to pick a tactician for your party.

Urza-chan is obviously best

Rance quest : Is there a way to have a crossbow for Urza?

Also agree, while playing DHR mod right now, Japan is OP, it feels like they have tons of buffs.

The /haniho/ Top Ten hottest girls poll we did a few months ago.

what the hell is lia doing over there

We've always had a strong Lia faction.

I'd have wanted Eleanor, Bezeleye and Nagi in but not to be.

I'll just keep them for my dreams tonight.

Stay alive.

She's busy being the best.
The question is, what is Sen doing there?

tits, hips, hair and legs

I'm not doubting her hotness, but is she really liked more than say, Millie?
Never saw her being openly praised, but that may just be shy voter syndrome.

Senhime is great. She's been one of my favourites since 2012.

I don't think so

Millie looks like a monster next to Elizabeth, either her sprite is too big or the different art styles contrast strongly in proportions, particularly head size.

I just resized the ingame stuff (or manual for VI) to a height of 1000.

The 01 and 03 characters look a lot bigger because of it.

Currently playing DHR as Hornet Faction. Hornet, Silky and Satella are broken as fuck, while Meglass and La Hawzel are really underpowered.

The two SS and TADA saying that play testing is taking long does tell that it should be quite advanced development wise.

As a gunner she would be able to equip crossbows, but I don't remember if there is any in Quest.

sprite sex or animated scenes (~3 sec loop)

What did he mean by this?

I'm just asking what you guys tend to prefer
I can't really decide myself
sometimes sprites are hotter than actual H scenes

Sprites leave more to the imagination, which can be a good thing. It's a far better format for actual games.
I've gotten more faptime out of Kurovadis than all Rance games combined.

Use punctuation when attempting to communicate over the internet, it helps.

I find sprite sex to be really meh. Definitely prefer a static CG than animated sprite. Also prefer poor animated sequences (like most ero animes) than sprite sex.

I think I prefer Saltyicecream's stuff over virtually any pixel H.

Doesn't all ice cream have a bunch of salt in it to preserve it?

I believe so.

I read that as both Straight Shota and Saint Seiya before I saw the context was pointing towards Screen Shot.

Personally, I think sprite sex lacks too much that it loses that erotic feeling that it's supposed to invoke. That and I like sprites as an artstyle, so seeing sprite sex feels more like "Oh, that's pretty well done." thing to me. A static CG is already pretty good, so a simple animation might enhance it. Poorly done ones might still lose out to a static CG though.

Isn't it possible to be both?

You mean like a double agent? She doesn't look dressed properly enough to be part of the main character's party and also doesn't look dressed properly enough to trick the main character into thinking she's his ally.

It's a top 10 hottest girls, so that's what counts. If it were a general popularity poll I'm sure Kanami would be in there.

Also
Anyone? I still couldn't find anything.

Generally choukou games tend to have a 3rd girl you acquire later on (and a bigger breasted more milf -like one). So I can see the argument that you're able to turn her into your side halfway or something (you are the original demon king afterall).

Did Escalayer have a second heroine I wasn't aware of?

Her description says she is Bezel's shield, that she was the one who gave him the method to steal the DK power, and also she is the one who blocked the passage between heaven and earth isolating Ixseal on earth.

It actually sounds to me she is the true final boss who is manipulating Bezel.

Escalayer only had one trainable girl, although you had the robot assistant who you could have her help in some of Escalayer scenes and even get into her own route and have a few scenes with her if you focus on her too much. And then there was a neighbor older woman who was actually one of the enemy generals (but I don't think she had any memory of what she is while she was on the human form) who you cal also have some scenes with, and possibly can have an end with too.

I'm getting my ass kicked in the fight to save Caloria. What do?

Git gud

Level up more? Grinding isn't very hard in this game.

Problem is more that I can't use Shizuka, Patton or Kanami because FR

Where can I found this chart from? reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/2cb4y0/the_latest_rance_series_character_relationship/?st=j1tls1qa&sh=b52c48a2
All the links are dead

Why don't you give them gifts?

Try the hanibooru. It might have it

These links are dead because those are older versions. The link for the newest one, from 2015/10/23:
axfc.net/u/3554994.zip

Not enough for them. I could probably get Patton, but not the other two

But you have best boy Rocky already

Is he good for anything other than being able to run away from trash mobs to save SP for the actually good party members?

He's your first choice as a tank until you get Patton. Sure, Patton is stronger, but Rocky can still get the job done. Just get a healer and upgrade his armor.

I have his armor upgraded to B rank and he's still not great at it. His HP is too low. Rance and Kanami do it better even without ally guard

Was this an actual top or just random guesses. Because it doesn't feel very accurate at all.

Unless you're at the point in the game when his level cap really hurts him I don't know why he wouldn't work well for you

Is being a Kenshinfag forgiveable if you've only played SR?

No, you're going straight to hell for it.

No.

Is Malgreed Dungeon 10th Floor the best place to grind before the final quest of Magnum?

I don't remember it being a good grinding place.
Isn't that the map you lose a whole class every time you change the map? Why would you grind there?

Yes
If you go in the direction of the emergency exit you only lose one class

>Why would you grind there?
Because I can't think of another good grinding place

Grind where you can get lots of red chests.

Red chests?
You mean the spiky red ball where you get a harder fight, much more exp and sometimes items?

No, the treasue chests that you need to unlock.
As in, grind for items, not exp.

Thanks for the tip

I wonder how will Sill go popularity wise in X. She is generally below the more popular heroines of each new game, but still being able to get an okay position. But in X most if not all of those popular heroines from many different games will be all in one, so Aill may end up quite lower than other games.

It depends on whether we will get an option to vote for multiple characters or not. She will do poorly like Maria if we don't.

She did get 5th (and Maria 8th) in 03 were you could vote for as many as you wanted. Lost to Shizuka, Kanami, Satella and Fellis. But all those 4 should be in x, together with Sheila, Milacle, Rizna, Kenshin, Crook, Urza, Magic, etc.

What's your top 10?

I thought you said Kanamifag there for a second. I don't that that would be forgivable. Being a Kenshinfag is fine since she's cute and almost half as resilient as Senhime.

If her ice powers go through the roof after being an icecube for over a year, she might gain popularity in terms of being usable in game.

>being a Kanamifag is unforgivable
>being a Kenshinfag is forgivable
Fuck off.

From having only played Sengoku Rance? Kenshin was a heroine in that game and had the best route. Kanami was a side character that you'd only get after using resources and she was strictly worse than one of the characters were you forced to have from near the start of the game, so you'd only get her to get Maria and Leila. Plus Kanami has very little character development in Sengoku Rance, being pissed off at Rance from some unknown reason (if you had only played Sengoku Rance) and not really getting past that over the course of the game while Kenshin had a full story arc and was lovey dovey with Rance.

Check the pastebin

We had an actual vote. People ranked their top ten with 10 points to 1 and 1 point to number 10

I just want to confirm something about sengoku, is it possible to kill seigan during the war or do you always capture manmaru while seigan and the other sisters escape?