What does Veeky Forums think of the Ford Probe? It's basically a Mazda in Ford sheet metal

What does Veeky Forums think of the Ford Probe? It's basically a Mazda in Ford sheet metal.
It's also got the k series v6! And dem pop ups.

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6194364397.html

cool cars, unfortunate fwd layout.

Yeah, I know. It was originally supposed to be the new mustang.

that ugly c pillar tho

Yeah, I like the Mazda version better but they didn't have based pop ups

Didn't the engines have head gasket issues?

thats my struggle atm. pop ups and cheaper probe or overall better looking mx6. im not op btw.

MX-6, the suspension is better and pop-ups can break and lolnoparts

When they were new, all I remember was that it was a chick's car. Girls loved The Probe. Hur.

Now? I guess it's just another shitbox, along with all the other kinds of shitboxes floating around out there.

>lolnoparts
For the headlights or the car in general?

Headlights, parts are still available iirc

since we're at the subject of 90s ford coupes: what can you tell me about the cougar?

Driven exclusively by people who can not maintain cars to save their lives.

I honestly don't know much about them. Go to Wikipedia, it's usually got good info that you can start from.

Resheetmetal version of the Euro ford mondeo, there is literally no aftermarket for them, even less than the probes.
They're decent cheap cars at this point but suffer the same issues found in alot of American cars at the time, inconsistent quality control plastic interiors and bland design,

What is the op car worth? Guy said he'd take 1800 but that seems high.

OP here, just saw the car. Unfortunately it's not worth it.

>rust under the bonnet
>engine is corroded
>rusty edges on metal parts
>carpet is covered in literal shit
I live in eastern europe and let me tell you, this car wasn't worth the moment you saw the first images of it.
You can find them in much better condition for that price. If it's already rusting it's pretty much impossible to stop. If you really want a probe, get one that has absolutely no rust.

A guy from work had one of these and eventually sold it becaues he didn't get any parts for it anymore. He told my people would pay insance prices for front lights for one of these.

>pay insance prices for front lights for one of these.

should have done the same with the headlamp on my bike. fucking thing cost 250 euros to replace.

>If you really want a probe, get one that has absolutely no rust.

Yeah, I prefer this. I don't want to fuck with anything body related.