The first model 3 rolls off the assembly line next week

The first model 3 rolls off the assembly line next week

But December they will be able to build 20,000 cars a month, and 10,0000 a week by the end of 2018

Good luck buying the first model year ever of a car. It will have so many bugs in it. Call me in a year or so and let's see how they've dealt with fixing everything that was broken.

>20,000 a month
Kek
>10,000 a week
Double kek

Lithium is overpriced now thanks to Tesla

What are the prices on these going to be like?

If it's autonomous I'll think about buying one. I have an hour commute in the morning and an 1 1/2 in the evening. It'd be nice to just sleep or play a video game during that time.

Also, are they awd, rwd, fwd? How much power and range do they offer?

I'd be interested in one as a daily, but I live in the UK. I'm only aware of one charging station. The estimated range on these are meant to be about 225 miles. So this would hardly last me a week. I don't fancy spending an additional hour crawling through traffic to spend half an hour at a station. That'll be my day gone.

>10,0000

Chevy bolt is better. It has more range and actually is available for sale

rear wheel drive with 15 mile range. Might as well get a mobility scooter dude

enjoy turning cars into literal appliances, where the life of one of these is about 3 years. enjoy only being able to buy new because the battery is fucked after 3 years of usage.

you're buying from a company that's only been able to survive because of heavy government subsidies

>10,000 a week
>20,000 a month

>prices
More expensive than a bolt.

>autonomous
Enjoy paying 50k for an optioned out base model tesla which only has 215 miles of range.

They're RWD and an AWD option will be available later. Enjoy waiting till 2019 till you actually get one.

The only advantage the Tesla has is infrastructure and performance.
Wrong. Tesla battery packs are bullet proof. You're an idiot.

By December their capacity will be 20,000 a month, by the end of 2018 it will be 10,000 a week

Do the math

and it has a half-decent interior as well.

Interior isn't relevant.

>an hour commute

Any v8 will have better "mpg"
You have no chance of gettig there and back with tesla

retard alert

>wrong
5 cents have been deposited to your account.

please provide a source telling me otherwise. inb4 >spoon feed me mommy!!!
you're trying to convince me

>makes claim
>provide proof of my claim!!!!
Okay, lol. No, retard.

yes it fucking is, you are inside the car most of the time.

It's only 44 miles each way. So I need a daily range of 100 miles max.

Still irrelevant. Things like 0-60 and range are the only important day to day metrics.

50k? Yikes. I'll just wait till the tech cost comes down a bit more then...

Probably near 50k for an optioned out base model 60kw model 3. Might hit 55k dollars with the 70kw battery.

Again, buy a bolt if you're willing to sacrifice slower charging times and performance for more range and less price.

0-60

How often do you actually floor it to 60mph though? You won't be doing this on the street because the limit is most likely 30 or 40. You'll only do this once on larger roads because you probably won't have any reason to stop.

Actually the only important day to day metric is the Nurburgring. The slowbaru is 30 seconds faster than the Model S around the 'ring, and the Model S clocks in at 9 minutes. Now you might be thinking "now wait a minute, how is a race track indicative of daily commuting"? Well it's simple. The Ring is just under 13 miles wrong, and there are plenty of turns, inclines, declines, and blind spots. Basically, pretend you're taking the back road someplace. To travel a random 13 miles, like say a commute, a GT86 will get you to your destination a whole 30 seconds earlier.

But since this is a race course without speed limits, both cars will be slower, and such the time difference will be even larger. If the average speed at the Ring is 100 MPH and the average speed you'll commute at is 40MPH, it will take you 2.5 longer. So your commute in your Model S will take 22 minutes and 30 seconds, while it will take you only 21 minutes and 15 seconds in the slowbaru. Now that is the only important day to day metric.

>the Nurburgring is the only important day to day metric
Wrong.

Merging and passing.

>But December they will be able to build 20,000 cars a month, and 10,0000 a week by the end of 2018

nice bait m8

Quick facts about Tesla Model 3 for the curious user

- Range: 300km+
- Autonomy: Currently shit, but with same sensor suite (cameras) as Model S
- Speed: 0-60km/h in less than 6 seconds
- Price:$30,000
- Time you'll be waiting in line to get one of these: Two years. 400,000 people have deposited $1,000 to reserve their spot in line for this car.

Also to all "muh subsidies" shills in this thread, Tesla is funded entirely by private investment such as a recent $500,000,000 investment by Chinese Investment firm Tencent, and the large investments made by Elon's inner circle of investor friends. The government treats GM much better than Tesla.

Buy American, buy Tesla I say.

>Buy American
>$500,000,000 investment by Chinese Investment firm Tencent

I think not m8

They're still built and engineered in America. Nothing foreign about them except the money involved.

> it's not Chinese!

Sure it's not, the Chinese just donated it eh?

>buying a self-driving car
This is pointless.
As soon as they hit mass market a million Uber clones selling self-driving taxi service will pop up and you'll be able to just push a button on your phone and someone else's self-driver will come and pick you up, take you to work, then go give someone else a ride, giving the owner a cut every time.

I hate people like you, populist fuck head. You're probably short and women don't find you attractive

>That heavily funded by China
I ain't buy that Chinese shit.

You will need more than that unless you want to be stuck in the middle of the road on the way back home

Ugly. Where's the wood grain and the comfy cushiony seats?

How is it a bait? I literally said I couldn't get it because I'd have to waste entire evenings going to charge it once a week.

This thing has the shittiest interior in the world

It looks like someone taped an iPad to the dash of a soapbox car

I like the rims, the car doesn't look bad.

I think ideally in the future I'll have something like this as a DD and a fun weekend car or bike.

you can't charge at your house? they give you a plug in charger when you buy / lease one

20k a month is feasible, that's what's done for the most common cars from a single facility, but you need a really large one. 10k/week is wishful thinking, I already did the math in another thread, that's 1 car per minute working non-stop for the whole 7 days, all 24 hours, without even a single stop. And don't even get me started on the manpower necessary behind this: working this fast, you absolutely need massive teams for tasks such as quality control, to not skimp on it.

Wait a minute.

and?
the local Ford factory makes up to 2000 cars a day

2000 of the same model? You're forgetting that number is shared between the few models a facility produces. Same here, production won't and can't be limited to model 3's and model 3's only.

Ford, a company with over 100 years of mass car producing experience, is a little different to a company that's just over a decade old and is making a new kind of car that has never been produced on a scale of this size.

/this
fuck them

Yay, I love Tesla.

I would love a fully electric car. I'm ready to transcend to Muskdom.

Yeah, you are comparing a 50 year old factory with a brand new one

yeah you are right, but I bet that new Tesla factory is bigger