/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- (Future FAQ Pastebin goes here. If you want to contribute, reply to the OP with ideas or excerpts to use!)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.co
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x0mw2X7S3kE
youtube.com/watch?v=rvlFvp8j6d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They spawned at the literal other end of the galaxy I have no way to get to them. Only good news I think is to get to me they have to go through both an awakened empire and the second largest empire next to me.

>it's a "4x related OP and not autism spiders" episode

I need more Stellaris related images that could be good for new OP's. Go ahead and give me some to save

Whats the best loadout for any Unbidden work?

>2200 ad
>not having a folder of stellaris images

Enjoy seeing another empire getting wiped out. They exterminated the fanatical purifier empire, a fallen empire, and most of a migratory flock empire.

If your galaxy can't handle it, another portal will spawn a rival dimensional invader once they own 15% of the galaxy within within 12 months. A third rival will appear 23 years later.

>another portal will spawn a rival dimensional invader once they own 15% of the galaxy within within 12 months. A third rival will appear 23 years later

I wonder what life in their realm is like. Maybe they're the ones the prethoryn are running from

Kinetics and lots of shields. Arc Emitter X weapons, are good agains them.

I doubt it, the unbidden are just after energy, they're not specifically hunting the Prethoryn.

You will get alliances and open borders with everyone after the first two empires getting raped to death
If you do decide to get your hands dirty, ditch all your armour for shields and invest on some arc emitters too

As you can see they are very far away and I cant get to them. Are you saying that if the awakened empire fails to beat them and they reach me im fucked?
Thats good since everyone has like -1000 relations with me due to genocide.

You can turn their own weapons against them if you get some debris from them.

Do their own weapons get a boost?

And done.

>playing ring galaxies

fucking why though

+50% Armor
+50% Shield

The fleet spam never stops, if they beat the awakened empire they will flood you, I recommend you give the mentally challenged AI a hand as soon as you can

Warp travel is the only thing worth having. Hyperspace is shit unless everyone is using hyperspace.

Flip deviants for solitary

>subterranean
kek

This.

git gud

Done. Also tweaked flag a bit.

What makes a species turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were they just born with hearts full of neutrality?

anons, why mods dont work in stellaris? i mean, i install, and runs perfectly, but the modifications just dont happen.

Tried activating them in the launcher?

Wormholes are fine on smaller galaxies because you can micromanage the building of wormhole stations so it doesn't fuck your early exploration so hard.

On larger galaxies it's just not possible without some form of autism for micromanagement.

Why not fanatical purifier?

Mostly because I already made a Fanatical Purifier empire and I like to keep my selection diverse.

Made friends with some cute Space Elves.

You probably haven't switched them on in the game launcher. By default they're deactivated when you first install.

>cute

If you say so

>Why not fanatical purifier?

Because some of you guys are alright.

>cute Space Elves.
>cute

user...I....

Almost every empire has near instantly joined my federation in this galaxy except the fanatic purifiers, but I'm sure they'll wipe each other out.

It looks like it has a few extra chromosomes

Flamboyant Diplomats is not an AI personality type I'm aware of.

yes, i did, but they dont change anything for some reason

Oh god my sides, Down Syndrome Elves

It's from the More AI Personalities.

What ethos go well with fan materialists? I just want to be left alone so my people can focus on making fuckbots

Any mod in particular that isn't activating? Did you get it off Steam or install it manually?

>autism for micromanagement
Yeah because building wormholes at the edge of other wormholes requires autistic micromanagement. Once you get one or two upgrades for it then they cover a massive area and it doesn't really matter. It's more of a mild annoyance at the start.

Pacifist.

Isolationists are typically xenophobic pacifists, with any being fanatic, or a free 3rd pick.

Xenophobe for dat border expansion.

Pacifist player here. Fixing to start my first militarist game. Throw me some ship designs/advice.

here we go

On a huge galaxy? Dunno m8, seemed like too much of a ball ache to me even with the larger range.

Compared to warp travel where you just build a few science ships at the beginning of the game and click auto-explore and forget about them.

Don't forget to pick a tech m8

Aside from Role Playing, picking Fanatic on your ethos is pretty meh, right?

>tfw you keep getting trash research early game

i think i only lost a handful of cruisers

hopefully no FE will wake up in the 50 years it takes to get the dragon loot.

So its been about 20 years since the Unbidden showed up and besides eating the nation that spawned them they havent done anything. Is that normal?

I wish some of you autists could make a mod out of all your custom empires and share.

I suck at creating them.

It used to be way better when the fanatic was 3x the base instead of just 2x.

Be xenophile and a charismatic species so your conquered ayys are actually happy about the whole thing.

Don't build battleships they're not cost effective for what they do, bulk of your fleet should be cruisers with M slots full of plasma and one L slot with kinetic artillery, backed up by some cruisers with flak guns if you're against frigate/strikecraft spammers.

Adjust your tank to either mainly shields or mainly armor depending on your enemy's prefered weapons.

Stay away from lasers
Invest on Spaceport techs and minerals
Large fleets beat high-tech fleets
Dont bother with Cruisers
Be angry
Militarist pops are happy when in war so dont overthink it

>Dont bother with Cruisers
>bulk of your fleet should be cruisers

Uhh

>who knows what treasures the creature might have amassed over the eons
>turns out it was just protecting it's baby

;__;

>last of its kind
>not a great treasure

Is plasma obsolete or there are other viable builds? Are bombers/attack craft any good?

If the empire you want to declare on didn't close its borders to you, it's a good idea to send a single ship to their capital to see how their fleet is composed and how large it is in advance.

>Dont bother with Cruisers

What should he use instead? Battleships are slow as fuck and get shredded by X slot weaponry that struggles to hit Cruisers, whilst Destroyers and Corvettes can't mount enough defences to survive in mid/late-game fleet actions.

>dont bother with cruisers
Hes probably the corvette spam memer. Dont listen to him. Cruisers are king.

Cruisers suck dicks
Just get destroyers with large slots for rock throwers and designated PD destroyers
Throw some torps in your corvs
Bother with battleships only after you get the special slots for taychon and shiet

installed manually, extended traits, guilli planet modifier, epic battles, none of those work

>still no mod that lets my empire live in unity with Ether Drakes and make the rest of the galaxy not even dare to fuck with me
Maybe NSC with the Leviathans shit but I don't like NSC a whole lot

Then we sat on the sand for some time and observed
How the oceans that cover the world were perturbed
By the tides from the orbiting moon overhead
'How relaxing the sound of the waves is,' you said.
I began to expound upon tidal effects
When you asked me to stop, looking somewhat perplexed.
So I did not explain why the sunset turns red
And we watched the occurrence, in silence, instead.

>taychon
>Cruisers suck dicks
>destroyers with large slots
>PD destroyers

Fucking hell, have you played since 1.0?

thanks, now i can't kill it for every other game it's in.
destroyers with L slots could just hang back wile cruisers tank the damage.

Wasn't the last of it's kind until you came along, you monster.

Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature.
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature.
Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
Contribute to your hunting skill and natural defences.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents.
You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilised to aid in locomotion
It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotions.

Are you a pirate?
You need change path in descriptor or it will not work.

>destroyers with L slots could just hang back wile cruisers tank the damage.

Yeah, that's what I do but he's saying don't use cruisers at all....so what's going to tank the damage? Battleships can't because they don't rush into close range so your destroyers will still get mauled.

Do regular AIs ever manage to get their shit together enough to field awakenings or crises by themselves?

neat

Hip hop version is the best.

>youtube.com/watch?v=x0mw2X7S3kE

I mean X slot in general, I switch my weapons around depending on what I am going up against

You can get 3 destroyers for the price of a cruiser and have the same damage and more evasion

I put PD destroyers because I like having a screen in the front line too for my Dreadnaughts

Is it still possible to win battles with nothing but corvettes?

Why is there no endless space 2 posting?
Rate my empire

Are taychon bad in the current build? Should I pick arch emitters instead then?

giga cannons all the way

AE's can but I've never seen a regular AI do it unless they get lucky and the crisis aggros them really early on, like Unbidden apprearing inside the territory of a major empire.

The Shroud is such an edgelord.

Giga cannons > Everything else.

space nazi music done right desu

youtube.com/watch?v=rvlFvp8j6d8

GIGA CANNONS NIGGA

here's my general purpose cruiser, little under half/quarter of my cruiser fleet is this: the rest are plasmaboats
the shroud's a goddamn tease, i didnt get my avatar after all. psychic conclave confirmed for brainlets.
you misspelled arc emitters.

Maybe. For some reason if you split corvetts from your fleet and send them ahead you'll get a much better result.

They're the second best type of X weapon, followed by arc emitters and whatever shit missiles get. They're not mad, it's just that everyone is a minmaxer and wanks to kinetics which are indeed the best.

They are a Chaos gods on a good mood. What do you expect?

United Empire are Stalinists tho....

>Have yet to meet a single god
>Have yet to achieve shields.
I got psi jump drives at least.

Same thing happened to me I didnt get anything at all.

Probably because otherwise cruisers rush ahead and get slaughtered first

>Autocannons
>More than one flak
>No armor at all

This is a good example on why you should throw some arc emitters in your build too

Reminder not to play children's card games with tzeentch

I tagged over to another empire because their fleet size seemed bullshit compared to mine
They're at 111/74 ships
Is this normal? Do I also need to go above capacity if I have lots of energy income still?

post mods

That cruiser is the biggest steaming pile of shit I have ever seen