What's the deal with the 3 series? Why are they being traded in so much?

What's the deal with the 3 series? Why are they being traded in so much?

I see a shitload of used F30 on CarGurus being sold for 12-25k

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.forbes.com/business/11-cars-owners-cant-wait-to-get-rid-of/12/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

www3.forbes.com/business/11-cars-owners-cant-wait-to-get-rid-of/12/

Because they're in a segment which is occupied by people who trade in as often as they can or lease.

German cars post 90s are not meant to be owned long term, but to be leased or traded in on a new model. They're disposable.

It's because yobbos hear BMW and think "fast, gets me laid" and then buy a 318 diesel thinking all their dreams will come true.

But in actuality they're buying a slow and heavy car, thinking it will drive like an M3 but then come to find out to Peter Pleb and his Camry outruns them.

They get their egos hurt, sell low and buy a charger to redeem themselves.

Pretty much this.

Can't be more correct.

Pretty much all German brands exist to serve all badgewhores.

The 318D is actually good if you see it from a practical standpoint. Smooth power delivery because "muh torque".

>Camry
those things outpull pretty fast, but i can't imagine lugging behind a 2004 grocery hauler for someone who works 50 hrs at furniture emporium

Bmw:

Break my wallet.

When most tools think: brings me women. Sure it might bring you status whores, however she wont be sticking around when your "superior german engineered" metal shitcan is stranded on the side of the road from a plastic kraut certified autistic part. That part is also in the most retarded compact location that requires you to remove the front end to get to it.

>the cheapest 3 you can get that has more than 200hp is a 330i
>it starts at $39k
>still only 248hp

It's literally impossible to explain that.

But the badge...

>break my wallet
A new meme is born!

Tbh

because german cars are terrible

desu

>GM will never made an alpha chassis car with a pushgod straight six, manual transmission and standard LSD just to piss off the germans.

Okay I know this fits into your power fantasy but this is just fiction.

The real reason is normies think BMW = luxury, the 3 series is the cheapest sedan, the lease terms are quite low, the average american is a-okay with being 18k in debt, it all adds up to people lease an F30 and give it back after a year.

But yes anything under a 340i is slow.

The cars are only warrantied for two years, and are desgined to fail soon after that.

That's why they're dumped on the market. The used car buyers have to repair it which means more money for the manufacturer, and the person trading in is giving more money to the manufacturer, so its a win win for BMW.

Speed and performance has nothing to do with reason the cars are traded in so soon.

Often the people trading them just get newer versions or upgrade to 5 series.

Because leases are DESTROYING the car market atm

Nearly 70% of BMWs are leased these days and people are not buying them at the end of the lease they are just leasing something new

hownew.ru

But that's been the norm for a long time. Mercedes is the exact same. And it isn't even an American thing, Europe does it as well.

Top kek, that's almost the same as my shitty V6 Commodore which only cost me $2k.

Leasing is still a big part of it.

While leasing isn't new, the volume of leasing in the US is trending up, and the glut in the used car market in NA for all cars coming off lease is a current and fairly well covered topic in auto journalism.

In Europe they can and do off load old cars like off lease BMWs to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa to curb the used market size.

I don't really consider it a bad thing, I mean in the end it just allows us common folk a chance to buy a used car cheaper. Or is leasing really that bad for the market?

Probably something to do with manufacturers being worried about cheap used prices of newer models hurting haggling/sale of new from dealer units. Basically, maybe they're worried about cheap used prices devaluing their offerings.

I saw a report a couple years after the """recession""" where car dealers were just shipping off their excess unsold cars to some massive lot instead of cutting production or selling them for cheaper prices.

Iaintclickingthatshitnigga.jpg

you are so fucking stupid please never post again please

And those German engineers know this. They are told "The car only has to be trouble free for the period of one lease". So they do their homework - and cut all the corners they can find to cut. Because that's what engineers do - cut corners.

threads like these remind me why i left this shitty board / website.

Ps: trump is a jew, you fucking shills.

stay btfo merkel, you actual jew.

>i left this shitty board / website.
clearly you didn't, you whiny kike.

t. Shekelstein

>Merkel was born Angela Dorothea Kasner in 1954, in Hamburg, West Germany, the daughter of Horst Kasner
>"Kasner Name Meaning Variant of German Kastner or respelling of Kassner. Czech: topographic name for someone who lived on a street, from a derivative of German Gasse ‘street’, or possibly from German Kastner. Jewish (Ashkenazic): occupational name for a community treasurer, "

pol was right again!

>pushrod I6

The appeal of pushrods is making V-engines smaller since you can put 1 cam between cylinder banks. For inline engines, pushrods won't make it smaller, just shittier.

American i6 are bullet proof