Post Volvos
Discuss Volvos

Here's mine

why are volvos god?

sometimes it really do just be like that

Volvo 240 Estate Wagon, my dream wagon.

>those wind deflectors

nice

Because RWD, cheap, easy to upgrade, new volvos are none of that, hence why new volvo is shit.

New Volvo focuses more on their main point of safety but why can't they make something like the 740 turbo where it mixes fun and safety.

Geely, you meant

Also, superiorest volvo

Discovered this rot today

Guess I'm carrying this thread myself then

Burger here, did they sell 300s in the states, I want one, but I fear they didn't as I've never seen one.

They didn't import them.

I have seen 1 in New Holland PA tho.

Shid. I mean they're old enough but unlike with Japanese stuff, there really doesn't seem to be a business importing European stuff, at least not as many.

>Oregon plates

Weird question but portland area by chance? I went over there for the first time last year, and I noticed there was a giant number of old Volvo's over there.

I used google

It's really weird that people want to import Jap shitboxes here to the States but not even bat an eye at older Euro cars like Volvo's, Saab's, Citroen's, etc. at all...I mean I've found cheap Volvo 142s and 144s online (between $2000-$8000 depending on condition) and I just want to import a ton of them but the costs would be absurd.

I found my 144 an hour and a half away from me for $2500. I love old cars that have no demand, you can get really nice ones for super cheap.

I love this pic, true inertia drift, body roll is awesome.

Too bad thats Saab

Heres mine

DAF volvo is a cute! Cute!

Saab, volvo, they all look the same to me

Bet you faggots don't have afford this kind of driving pleasure

>fwd

I know right I mean I like JDM as much as the next guy, but there's plenty of stuff ripe for the picking from the other side of the pond. Hopefully the surge of popularity old Volvo's seem to be getting brings more interest in it.

Why is this board so obsessed with Volvo? They're just an okay and rather uninteresting brand to me

I dunno about anyone else. But for me it's the fact that theyre cheap, easy af to fix (not so much the new ones). And you can do all kinds of mods to them.

Its also nice bc its not a "me too" car like Subaru or VW.

"Oh you drive a Subaru? Me too!"

>have a 95 volvo 960 wagon
>had it for 10 years
>got a new rack and pinion and power steering 2 years ago
>won't smog because of fuel leak
>dont want to spend the money to fix leaks
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why wouldn't you just fix the leaks?

Gorgeous. She looks really good against the quaint little houses in the background. The whole image is nostalgic

This thread seems friendly.

The 749 I picked up for 200 dollars, currently getting it going. The 240 is my daily.

Volvo a best

Fair enough. I definitely understand the "me too" part. I think new Volvos are boring as shit but the 90s and earlier can be cool

80s thru mid 90s are arguably the best years for reliability.

Based

i had a blue one before i had a red one

Based DAF.

Volvo threads are pretty chill. I got a 98 s70 with 130k and manual for $600 but it's beat to crap I got it for a transmission saw to my 850.

Based side pipe. Currently putting on on my 2 door. Will post results when done.

hi

Just bought this.

At first I wanted an 850 or V70 1, but all the ones in my area were either way overpriced or in shitty condition.

I had a look at some 480 Turbo, but there were only 2, one rusted to death and one in good condition but way over my budget.

So I choose this one. It's an V70 II 2006 with the 2.4 non turbo 140ps engine. Leather seats, pdc, cc, aac and some more gimmicks. Clutch, brakes and service has been done like 3 months or so ago, summer and winter tires, all fine. Had some hail damage but got fixed. All done at a Volvo Service.

218000 km and of course manual.

Paid 4300 €, how did I do?

My dad always had 850s or V70s 1st Gen, so I feel very comfy and safe in this cars.
Though his ones always were modified turbo versions and were fast as fuck.

Muh digh.

>2nd gen
>not even a turbo
you fucked up.
have fun with your paper mache gearbox and e-throttle.

Are volvo estate cars any good ? i'm seriously considering buying a used V50

Can't even afford insurance for a Turbo and as mentioned before there are no 1st gen V70s in good condition in my area.

Why are these cars so comfy in every aspect?

how hard would it to be to jack up a 240 a few inches from stock height
inb4 someone says just get mud tires, which are the cheap and dirty way but don't change the ground clearance much and increases road noise

>twf will never have a Saab 99 turbo

Doing anything to a 240 is not very hard but I think you sort of answered your own question.

portland- the only place where you see this kind of retarded shit

used to own an 850 T. Never again

But it has a Volvo engine

..except this guy actually took it on rally courses.

That's beautiful. I'm so glad it's not stanced

Volvo have given up on making cars. They're only going to make hybrids and electrics now. RIP Volvo.

Glorious, what an awesome car! Also nice trips :3

Because they were made with a dash of love and care

This Volvo thread pleases me. Can my Gen 1 V70 join?

volvo stopped being good in 1993, they died long ago.