/domg/ - Dominions General

Fuck you /rsg/ and skeleton economics edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Where do I get it?
>It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>Can you please delete this section?
>Your general always comes up when I search "rsg" in the catalog

Fuck you /rsg/

Other urls found in this thread:

bsielski.github.io/pretenders/
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MagusAssistance
implyingrigged.info/wiki//domg/)
implyingrigged.info/wiki//hanny/_roster
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3124&st=150
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for skele economics is still going on in the other thread.

Skeleonomics is the most fun economics.

Would teleporting my god into an army of 500+ that was scripted to earthquake (they're mostly high hp/high armor or flyers) cause their mages to blow through their gems on EQ? Was thinking of doing that, then returning, and having my army attack them on the same turn.

I think it depends on how tough your god is and how much gear they carry.

Probably not. Mages go off script for armies that are smaller than 20-30 units.

Which brings the question: What are determining factors of scripting? HP, size, number of units, mage paths, etc. I have no clue.

Are you sure about that? If what you say is true it has to be per spell if they go off script or not since anti SC scripting is a thing.

I've honestly not seen that happen.
Are you sure it wasn't a gem usage or range issue?

>someone else did it for me
Thank you Senpai.
A thousand blow jobs await you in the afterlife

No they don't. Mages typically only go off script if they have a range, gem, or path issue.

But I want my thousand blow jobs by virgin neckbeards now!

And for all those who don't believe me go test it out for yourself. I've had multiple times where mages go offscript or cast something completely different depending on the opposing army (taking off range and gems as a factor).

Dead as a skeleton based economy.

I laughed.

maybe the reason the income drops in nearby provinces is because the skeletons immigrate and drive the price of labor down to nothing. theyre practically the chinese

Whats that pretender design site that lets you pick your nation and what you are aiming for?

it should really be in the op

So hey, the Veeky Forums League 8 has opened up signups. We've taken part in quite a few leagues now, last time getting screwed out of advancing by goal differential of all things, so I figured you guys might want to have another go? I've got an actual computer now instead of a potato, so I can probably do more testing than I've done before since PES won't lag and I can turn the speed up. Downside is, I've been catching up with the last decade of gaming since I got my new computer, so I haven't played much Dominions at all.

Oh, and in case you don't know what I'm talking about, the VGL is a competition between Veeky Forums generals where teams of AI-controlled memes play virtual divegrass/soccer/football/whateveryouwannacallit. Our general's main claim to fame is our beautiful goalhorn, Elephants Trampling Blood Slaves Forever.

>bsielski.github.io/pretenders/
holyshit this site is amazing.

>Fuck you /rsg/
You remembered!
Don't you have a Veeky Forums ball to attend or something?

yesssss

I still nominate our alternate goalhorn, 30 hydras v 30 illithids

Unless your god is really fucking pathetic, yes it would.

Give him a few gems to make sure he triggers gem spending, though.

Yes

put this in the next OP too

web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

I'm not a virgin, but we can pretend for tonight ;)

Does Doom give units curses that last outside of that battle? Or is it only for the battle that those units have 'bad luck'?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MagusAssistance
REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Do Body Ethereal and Luck stack?

Curse always lasts forever

they're different effects, so yes ofc

Thanks bud

Why wouldn't they stack?

thread already dead? It's the weekend you guys. Where the hell are the Europeans or neet americans at this hour?

getting blazed

Its like 5 am in Europe.

fucking normies.

I want storm demons vs fire sneks

presidential elections today in France, too

First round?

Yes, then 49 more rounds until the other candidate autorouts.

Where do Dominions nations fall on the Lewis model?

The Lewis model is FULL retard

What Lewis model are you talking about?

The one the guy I was replying to posted

Thanks.

That does look pretty retarded.

Are there any COOL THINGS I can do as Asphodel or is the faction really as straightforward as it looks?

Ench 6 stuff is cool. So are tarts.

Do you go full Chud Hirdman from turn 1 as MA Rus, or do you first expand with some shit troops?

can supplement with bears for when you're res gated, but still mostly hirdmen

I didn't use it on Asphodel, but Haunted Forest is a fun combo with swarm or creeping doom.

Might as well get started on collecting roster suggestions. Pic related was our players last league, feel free to suggest new memes(>implying /domg/ has new memes) as players; don't worry about which ones to remove, that'll be sorted out later. Feel free to look at the team's wiki page (implyingrigged.info/wiki//domg/) too, there's plenty of players that got kicked off the team over the years but there's no reason some of them couldn't come back on.

Also I am adding 'Innovative Strategy' to the list of suggestions so you don't have to. This time it'll be on the poll from the start.

I think skeleton economics has potential.

Why is it /domg/ is the only page that has player descriptions?

Alright, I'll put that on the list too then.

There are in fact other teams with player descriptions, for example /hanny/ which uses the more common style of having a separate wiki page, but there's no rules requiring them so making them is just a way to pass the time when you've got too much autism and free time.

>For the last 16 turns I have pretended to stale

>Drowned in Sea of Woe

>Horse Tribe Chief

>I love Ictythids

>Non meme summod

I got nothing else.

A lot do.

/hanny/ have a fucking dossier.

implyingrigged.info/wiki//hanny/_roster

How about
>Returning after 16 stales is NOT acceptable
as an alternative?

The guy wasn't pretending to stale, and mari's reaction was the funny part.

misf3 IRL
Lukas games/hosting delayed by 168 hours
tribless awake bull
mage support

Sounds decent, but both suggestions are rather wordy. Maybe shorten it to something like 16 STALES or something?

IIRC someone edited this image with a Carrion Lord, though I didn't save it. That was the reference I was making, but yours is also good.

I did that.

Also before anyone says anything about spelling or stuff like that I literally copied what a dude wrote out.

I think it loses most of the humor being shortened like that, but you might as well toss it in and see if people like it.

Maybe someone more creative than I can come up with a funny short version.

idk, i think yes it should, but if a unit has 4 items(i think) or 4 gems+4paths of magic(i am sure of that) it will trigger gem spending 100%.

please note that it might get attacked by fliers istantly.

please note that if the enemy mages have a gorillion earth gems each then they will have enough gems to cast EQ on both battles.

please note that if the enemy mages are scripted to wait few turns before casting EQ and in the meantime you retreat or they mindblast your god's ass, then you'll get double fucked.

bumping

Holy shit those motherfuckers were defending the guy that got shat on.

Do sleep vines do anything against constructs/the undead or is Asphodel just fucked against them?

>16 turns of stale
source

They don't affect lifeless beings

Fireden archive motherfucker.

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3124&st=150

Read it and weep

>muh peace treaty hugbox

this is why i stopped playing on the forms

and that is, ladies and gentlemen, why i always do wait until the last 5 minutes, which of course makes everyone rightfully hate me, to send my fucking turn.

How does that prevent being caught by surprise by a staller? You won't know he is back until the next turn.

You can see if his turn comes in

If this was all some cunning ploy then I have to applaud the staler.

Ah true. Waiting til the last minute might be risk in case of random internet failure. I'd rather just send in turns that assume that a stalling nation could come back at any minute unlike malakal in DSDS3.

Dear Neifel,
your buddy here, we were just moving some stuff leftover from expansion south no need to worry about it,
love chinks

you can send in your normal turn then do a modified one in case he comes back and wait until the last minute, if he sends his turn you'll send yours.
i had to do it a couple of times but i would never imagine tihnking about it for a 16-turn staler.

Next time add bsielski.github.io/pretenders/ to thread description. Thank you very much.

what the flying fuck. Asphodel is a mater strategist

Magoth x Bifrons OTP

I reformatted and lost all of my dank domg memes. Can someone repost the Forester Bob ones?

>he doesn't have a usb back up full of his memes implanted under his skin
kek

Can someone here do a random nation analysis, what you would build in a game, what would your research goals be, how you would build your pretender, how would you expand and all the other jazz. I am am mainly looking for the WHY so that I would be able to analyze your analysis and do it on my own.

k

classic

>tfw k8 is in prison

why is k8 in prison?

she stabbed a man while on meth

did he stale

Wait what does this meme mean? That's scepter right? Is it implying D8 mage vs bob or something? How is that even fair for an early game bob vs late game mages?

It's dominions r34 using our E-celebs

>misspelled staling
Sasuga

>she

don't misgender k8

deader than ermor's economy

Fixed it for you.

How about 16 Stale Strat