Got a ND Miata, but looking to trade it in for a decent sporty sedan. Any suggestions?

Got a ND Miata, but looking to trade it in for a decent sporty sedan. Any suggestions?

used evo, hope that miata has been payed off.

LS swap.

Did you not like it or something or did you just want more than 2 seats

>t. possibly future ND owner

need extra seat for your wife's son?

This

Flyin Miata kit

Want to trade for a fiesta st? :

:^)

Oh the car is perfect. I just need more seats

Maybe you should've used birth control you dumbass.

Focus ST is the most fun I've had driving. I've owned sti, wrangler, vette, Porsche , you name it.

I don’t have kids, but thanks for the assumption shit head.

What budget like? Most of the proper sports sedans for sale today are big dollars compared to an mx

Oh, so it's some other kind of poor planning, good to know.

What's up your ass? Relax bro. Having a meltdown over nothing

>meltdown
Nah, just giving you shit for buying the wrong car.

Genuinely curious, why? Don't be the guy that ends up taxiing his friends around

>buys 2 seats
>tells Veeky Forums he needs more steats

U dumb bro?

I'm getting an ND this month, honestly I'm a bit afraid I might not have enough room for my lifestyle but looking at all the shitboxes I've owned, I mostly just drive myself around. If you actually use all 4 doors, maybe a wrx? If a 2 door is okay, I vote for M235i if you got the dosh. But the ND was one of the funnest things I've driven aside from a gocart when I was a kid. I almost cried test driving it. I own 2 NBs as well, but they're beat to shit. And the electronic steering actually adds to the experience, IMO.

It's not that the ELECTRIC (not electronic) power steering adds or detracts, it's just done really well.

The whole thing about hydraulic vs electric assisted steering and just like the cable shifter vs. rod/direct shifter. People are just full of shit. Neither hydraulic and electric power assisted steering are actually direct, they're both assisted and boosted but using different technologies. You want to know what "direct steering" really feels like? Go drive a 4c. Ultimately both hydraulic and electric power assisted steering systems can be done well or they can be done badly. The BRZ/FR-S have electric power assisted steering, for example, and they get heaps of praise for being direct-feeling and accurate steering.

Btw, as far as op is concerned there's really only a few reasonably priced options: Fiesta ST, Focus ST, WRX. Most of the rest in that price range are just commuter cars with a bit of sport injected into them (namely in the form of slightly more power, tuned suspension, and badging).

well I'm assuming go carts are direct steering lol. I guess I've driven mostly hydraulic cars and the only electric power steering I've had experience with was the s2000 which was kind of meh compared to how the ND felt.

oh and i've driven cars with no power steering, but they were old shitboxes of course. good post though, good info.

no one wants your shitty ford egg, faggot.

The original NSX (except for ('91 and '92) and S2000 both used electric steering racks and everyone praised them. The S2000 even had a variable ratio rack, so it isn't even new tech

Does it have to have 4 doors, or just 4 seats?

I'd probably go with a toyota 86 or subaru brz if you like how the ND handles.

Well you haven't told us your price range, but if it's under $15k, look into a Taurus SHO, an older model WRX or even a Lan Evo if you want to. If you need a smaller sedan look towards the Fiesta ST. A Golf or a Civic is also an option.Granted most of these would be used. A new SHO, WRX, or any of these other ones will run you close to $40k

Having owned one, it was great....until it started to fail. It almost fucking killed me. The car would just start bumping trhe steering opposite of the way I was turning. It was shit your pants scary when I was going around an uphill and hard curved highway feeder in the rain. Car just started to fight me and try to go the opposite way. Pile of shit electronic steering. I've NEVER had a regular rack almost kill me.

S2000? I've never heard of a problem like that ever. Maybe you just had a bad tie rod

Electric steering only boosts the steering for you, it doesn't actually do the steering like on those new shitty Infinitis

Can you afford to get another car? When I needed a car with more seats I just grabbed a cheap shitbox and kept my joyride.

Lots of people have had similar problems with it.

Lots of people need to do basic maintenance on their cars

WRX

>my lifestyle
Which means...?
Anyway, if you're an outdoorsy type it's really best to get an older SUV or small truck or something specifically for those activities, because that car is going to get beat to shit or broken into at a trailhead or god knows what. The Honda Element is fucking amazing as an activitymobile, especially with a 3" lift for a little more clearance. Why oh why Honda discontinued them I'll never know.

>implying the rear seats are actually usable in one of those

My only advice would be to not buy into the lower tier BMW sport sedan meme. Cars like the 335i, most of the 2 series, and the now antiquated 1 series are disgusting looking and reek of rice. Either get a. 5+ or look to benz

2003 RS6

Whatever has the most lube

just no kids lol. I got 2 NBs and it's got more than enough room for all the shit I need for the day to day.

Honda Accord V6 GT