I'm in NYC and noticed a lot of cars have these bumper protectors

I'm in NYC and noticed a lot of cars have these bumper protectors.

Anyone on Veeky Forums actually use one of these on their car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZCH9lSNI3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. I have proximity sensors on my car, and can park without breaking ahit.

I wouldn't worry about myself.

It's not about (you); it's to prevent other people from damaging the paint when they it you.

These are the same people who put bras on their cars and use fuckhuge Otterbox cases on their phones. It's a pathological fear of something happening to your property, so you slam aftermarket bumpers and safety shit all over your stuff to keep it looking new, despite the fact that it makes something elegant fuck ugly.

>car enthusiast living in NYC

I'd rather die desu, I can barely stand San Jose

They do work; but then the idiots leave them out while driving and it's just causing more damage than it prevents at that point.

>bumper cover
>328i

Looks like a diaper.

In NYC it makes sense because if you park there for any extended period of time your bumper WILL get fucked and covered in scratches, dings, and dents.

Anywhere else it's unnecessarily ugly.

Dumb ass.

Those guards are because in NYC, people literally ram their car into yours to move it, so they can squeese into a parking spot.

Go to anywhere in Manhattan and you can literally watch people do this to other cars with no shame.

>tfw San Diego
People give no fucks here when they park. I think I've buffed out four scratches on my passenger side door this year. I know at some point someone is going to dent it. I really need to gtfo out of San Diego.

Jesus christ, really?

No wonder you guys are always so goddamn angry.

Ya I couldn't fucking believe it myself after seeing it many times in a single day.

Who gives a fuck if you watch me ram a car so I get 2 more inches. I just created a parking spot

Like... Do they not care about insurance claims, retaliation or or... Just dude.

This is why you get a fuckhuge hitch and a front guard.

>put nails on your bumper when you park
>person trying to ram you gets holes in their car

i have a fuckhuge otterbox for my phone because i work outside and will literally spend all my money on new phones if i don't protect it because they're thin and slippery and made of fragile glass and are basically designed to fly out of your hands

that's so strange and interesting. i remember seeing them one time in montreal or niagara falls on some new york orthodox jew's cars and thought it was some weird orthodox jew thing. but it's apparently a nyc thing

I know right

fuck

>not protecting your phone
>spending $45 on a case to protect a $700 miniature computer that holds so much important information is absurd

You're the kind of dumb fuck trash that walks around with a smashed phone screen and shitstains all over it.

Giving technology to plebeians was a mistake. It's simply wasted on you.

This. They do the same shit in Paris. The more people you jam into a small area, the more competitive and disgusting their behaviour becomes. People literally do not give a shit about you or your things in these urban hellholes.

Ahem:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZCH9lSNI3I

>youtube.com/watch?v=mZCH9lSNI3I
Holy fuck. I would OCD all day worrying about my car.

>parallel parking
>fucking EVER

If you have to parallel park, then there's a good chance the place you're going to isn't worth going to. If you live in a place where you have to parallel part, you live in an undisputed shithole.

Agreed. I live in the downtown area of a very wealthy City in the United States and have my own garage. It's always hilarious watching the peasants squawk with each other while they try to park their shitboxes bumper to bumper - dinging each other's shit up. God forbid once winter rolls around.....it's the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Its a challenge to find a car with an undented body in southern and eastern Europe. Milan was the worst place I've seen it

>not mounting claymores on each exposed body panel anytime you leave your car on the street

Not him but I will never buy a phone for $700. I could buy a car for that much

Hey man, if I triggered your autism I apologize. Make sure to re-sort all of your Blu-Rays alphabetically, put the microfiber cover on your shitbox overnight and count to 10 while turning around in a circle...you'll be fine again.

>drive a 15 y.o shitbox, fuck you.
>kick your door for being an idiot.
>welcome to nyc, shitstain.

If you're stupid enough to keep important information on your phone you should be gassed.

Also don't be a reckless cunt and your phone won't get damaged. I've had 5 phones in the last 12 years, and I upgraded because I wanted to, not because my phones were broken.

>Never been to a property with many people at it.
You need to be able to parallel park, even in the sticks.

>This end towards enemy

or maybe just take care of your shit. I've owned a cell phone for 15 years now, not once have I broken one.

I have one on my car and a bumper thin in the front. Thus is life

Maybe learn to drive you underage bus taking faggot

If your phone cost 700 dollars you bought a fashion accessory disguised as a phone and I feel sorry for you.

stop being a stupid faggot

he's 100% right, any area crowded enough to mandate parallel parking is no better than a third world shithole in the middle of bumfuck, niggerstan.

>inb4 triggered jew yorkers

Its not about crowding but about cleaning the streets you flyover. We have sweepers that clean each side of the street every week. Its really not that much of a hassle.

So you live somewhere so dirty, that you have to have big sweepers clean your street every week, and you also have to park on the side of the god damned road like a pleb? Coming from someone who's had to parallel park a large pickup before multiple times, it's not hard either, so you don't even get to bitch about it. It's just dumb, and causes retards to hit your car.

I'm not the other poster. What do you mean the side of the road? Its parking, I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Its not like dumping your car on the side of a road its lined with cars and you find a spot and park. I'm also not complaining...maybe you have the wrong poster in mind though. Yeah I will admit sometimes people can be careless assholes when it comes to litter but it also helps with just random debris that finds its way into the street. its a cool concept and really helps keep shit nice and tidy at least in some of the more quiet areas in the city. Mind you NYC is fucking huge.

Also the hardest part about the parking situation here is actually finding the parking.

This is a lie. I have lived in NYC my whole life and never seen this happen. Not even once. What dipshit is probably talking about is the tap where if your in a really tight spot you might tap the car. I have never heard of anyone pushing a car to make room...never not even once. stop lying

This

I was in a bus in NYC one time and some guy just decided to hit us, flick us off, and neither the bus driver or the guy stopped

Those are just for pretentious cunts who want to say they Lamborghini bumpers.

no you weren't

>the tap

Typical jew yorker, he's already normalized this degeneracy.

lol fuck off no coaster.
>REEEEE NO MORE JOBS AT THE PLANT

fucking lol owning a car in a dense urban environment and worrying about dings and dents

i live in baltimore city. the hood rats around here just go around the park and shoot windows out with bbguns along an entire road when they get bored enough.

Been thinking about getting rear bullbars for my Corolla recently.

Better than the time someone left me a note on my car on how I left no space. IN REALITY
>guy in front of me left, another guy parked in smaller car leaving a lot of space
>guy behind me left and let a lot of space

I fucking hate these Midwesterners coming to NYC and expecting everything to go the way they want.
>OH NO HE DIDNT LEAVE ME ROOM
>IM GOING TO ASSUME IT WAS HIM
>ILL WRITE HIM AN EDGY NOTE ABOUT HOW ILL BREAK HIS WINDOW IF I DO IT AGAIN

Funny thing is..I am more savvy than them. >Went to my landlord
>got footage
>recognized the girl fro ma local coffee shop
>Showed note to her and video
>girl was fired on the spot and literally had to go back to Omaha
>AHAHHAHAA

>Showed note to her and video
>girl was fired on the spot and literally had to go back to Omaha
>AHAHHAHAA
things that never happened, the post

t. toasty roastie

>youtube.com/watch?v=mZCH9lSNI3I
They leave their parking brake off to allow others to move their cars to get in and out of parking spots though.

I can't imagine that type of communal forward thinking and c'est la vie attitude in murica. Autistic screeching and shooting sprees are more their style.

I've had these glass touchscreens caseless since 2008 and I have yet to ever crack one

>You're the kind of dumb fuck trash that walks around with a smashed phone screen and shitstains all over it.

as are you, only difference is you bought a case designed for clumsy retards such as yourself while they didn't.

>Forward thinking
More like "my car sucks so much because of my country's retarded laws, that I don't even give a fuck if someone causes severe damage to it"

Reminds me - my dad lived in Argentina for a while, and it was considered a common courtesy to leave your parking brake off when parking on the street because people would literally push each other's shitboxes around to make space to park.

>They leave their parking brake off to allow others to move their cars
Probably the most literal example of "just fuck my shit up" that I have seen in a while.

>severe damage
Severe damage would be the car not functioning correctly
Severe autism is caring about the paint on a plastic bumper that can't rust.

I visited family in Brussels recently, I don't know how they can live that way. They're excited when they find a parking space within a block of their house. Some of their neighbours actually gutted the whole first floor of their houses to make a one-car garage.

If you do that enough times it will eventually warp your bumper. In my case it would fuck up my license plate since it hangs off the edge of the bumper on my car.

Like in every other third world country

You're talking about leaving your parking brake off so other cars can shove it aside because your country is such a shithole that this is encouraged and you think it's a good thing?

Pay for more expensive parking spots then, indoor/multistory
This is street parking in a high congested area

>thus is life

>he put after the link

>all these triggered poorfags who can't afford an Otterbox or an iPhone

God I hate the poor.

Get s truck or keep or something and then get rock sliders. Then they'll only fuck up their door.

Jeep*

>can park without breaking ahit.
You don't understand. I've seen parallel-parked cars parked with only about 2 feet between each bumper. People maximize the parking by using their car to push the other cars over. There simply is no more available parking without paying as much as $900 per month or more for a parking space. So people are desperate and MAKE SPACE AVAILABLE.

If each car is 15 foot long and the streetside frontage is 100 feet. Then 5 cars can fit there because some will be shoved over. In Japan, you have to show you have a parking space available for it. But in the USA, people just keep buying and buying or acquiring more cars with no need to prove a parking spot is available.

>something elegant
>bmw
pick only one

>damages other people's property because it annoys him
>calls the victim shitstain
>from nyc

really gets the neurons firing

>They leave their parking brake off to allow others to move their cars
It's NOT communal charitable thinking to leave the parking brake off. It is to save the car. The harder it is to move the car, the greater the force the assholes use to shove the car out of the way. That means their bumper could suddenly slip over the bumper and crunch the bodywork.

Have you never been to a city? It's the same in Chicago. Anyone who street parks their car ends up with bumpers that look like cheese graters.

This whole concept is foreign to me but then again I am not American.

Better alternative would be to get a towbar so if they bump into you to make room their car gets all fucked up....

You don't get a nice car if you don't have or can't afford a garage. Idiots will find a way to mess it up one way or another.

This makes more sense to me
I wonder how this works on hills though

It doesn't

pull the handbrake

>people literally ram their car into yours to move it, so they can squeese into a parking spot

If people did this where I live you would have to step over dead bodies just to get down the sidewalk. I've seen brawls over door dings in parking lots.

>needing an Otterbox
>wanting an iPhone

God I hate the rich.

>2 feet
Nigga I park with like 20cm of space left between bumpers
such is life when you're an europoor

>Better alternative would be to get a towbar
One older anime had shown a solution to the problem of other cars bumping you. Get belt armor for your car just like battleships have! Pic related.

the fuck, people will put others in the hospitals for scratches or a bump over here

>>needing an Otterbox

Needing an Otterbox is because you actually do things that kill phones, not because rich you imbecilic shitball.

I case my phones the day I buy them because grease and weld spatter and hitting concrete is bad for them.

Why do you need your phone out while you're working?

Fuck off, Ethan. Nobody cares what you think, and you're always wrong anyway.

Because americans can't drive, they need protectors to stop their cars taking damage from being rammed repeatedly as someone tries to parallel park into a space too small for their barge.

In northern europe, if there isn't space, you don't park there. If there isn't parking, you don't go there. This is why town centres are dying off; you can't park there. You can't drive there. Your car will run out of fuel waiting for the lights to change if you're not careful.
Best just to go to an out-of-town store, or order your shit online.

those bumper covers are for out of town people, go with the license plate frames that also double as a bumper cushion

>I'm in NYC and noticed a lot of cars have these bumper protectors.
Still useless for Lexus, grille-forward designs, and other X-grille cars. Those cars have their expensive stylish grilles in front of their metal bumpers hidden inside. Anyone hitting the front of those cars with love-taps as they back into a parallel parking spot is going to cause a lot of expensive damage.

>Anyone on Veeky Forums actually use one of these on their car?
I have one but we don't have the "push cars around" problem. But we do have the "love tap" problem where people keep moving until they feel their car touch the cars behind or in front of them.

The streets are narrow, so people keep on inching closer to the curb with love taps. Otherwise, you can get your car sideswiped with a long scrape from a delivery truck or other commercial vehicle. All those business drivers hit and run. ALL of them.

I honestly believe those are designed specifically to make what would be negligible damage to the front bumper into a several hundred dollar repair. I think it looks kind of neat, but not worth how fragile it makes it.

>Have you never been to a city?

Yeah. We have parking boxes. Can't keep your car inside one? You get a ticket.

All you people who drive F350 crew cab pickups, keep agricultural equipment out of the city center.

I went to check my non-stylish car. The painted black bumper is inches behind the front fascia. Technically, the chrome trim is the first to be touched by a love tap. That is followed by painted fascia. And then expensive grille. It's an electronic grill as there are some louvers that can electrically shut some of the opening. That's to optimize engine performance in especially cold weather. A crunched grille could cause reduced airflow and engine overheating if the louvers get stuck in a closed position. A low velocity hit-and-run collision (love tap) looks like it would squeeze the louvers closed.

I have no damage because I always refuse to parallel park unless I can put the front of my car close to some protected spot like a fire hydrant or driveway. Then no car can park in front of me and love tap my grille. I learned that lesson with my prior car whose nose was all dented up by cars backing into it. The bumper also has a squarish semi-puncture dent so someone with a trailer hitch backed into me trying to get out.

This shit can actually trap sand, dust and grime beneath it, which will scratch the fuck out of the paint anyway. I wouldn't bother with one.

You don't drive with it on. You take it off before getting into the car.

It's not a rock hard piece of plastic. It is a stiff very firm cushion that spreads any impact into a somewhat wider blunt area. I believe it is worth using. It lets the other driver know they have hit something sooner, so they don't push as much into your car as they otherwise would have.

I've seen so many morons just keep their hood bras and bumper protectors on because fuck effort.

>paying as much as $900 per month or more for a parking space
wtf i hate america now

that looks like a diaper

this also happens in portland

source: drove in portland and saw 3 accidents in a single day. this is a tiny city

I'm typing this post on my year and a half or so iPhone 6s Plus that has never had a case of screen protector.

Still looks brand new sorta besides scratches on the mirriored apple logo.

FFS, nobody cares about your weird fetish. You have a home on another board.

That's interesting. What model?

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure