>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>GUNetwork
>Rips (primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11029/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here is what I would expect the south to look like in future Fallout games

nth for the mariner

Mariner incoming.

5th for Alchestbreach

Is there anywhere I can get fallout 1 or 2 for free that's legal?

>assault rifle

ask your mom to buy it.

>he doesn't want wastelanders on generation ships seeking new worlds

Is there any reason why someone would choose anyone but Mr. House other than simple retardation?

which weapons should I be looking out for?
I use stealth and silenced weapons

currently using suppressed combat rifle for closer fights and suppressed .50 snipers for sniping

Because House is a retard whose every plan has failed or backfired in some way.

Its actually funny.

House is so retarded, and self sabotaged all his plans to such an extent, that had it not been for the Courier's near impossible survival of getting shot in the head, he would have had an absolutely zero % chance of winning

God I can't wait for a proper FAL/G3 mod or that AR-10 mod to get done so that someone can use them to completely delete the vanilla assault rifle abomination.

Nth for executing Dr Li if she doesn't help rebuild this FUCKING robot

>Because House is a retard whose every plan has failed or backfired in some way
>still kicking and has potential to secure The Strip and win the war for Vegas

Really makes me think buddy. Saved everything from total annihilation, including himself and effectively secured running electricity to NCR states all while making them absolute cucks at the same time.

>still kicking and has potential to secure The Strip and win the war for Vegas
Only due to an 11th hour deus ex machina that he had no real way of predicting.

His ability to win is based purely on luck.

The deliverer.

>His ability to win is based purely on luck.

Point still stands, what other faction has the best chance of leaving Earth?

>Point still stands, what other faction has the best chance of leaving Earth?
None, including House, since his plan is idiotic, full of holes, and his entire base hates him and wants him gone making his position untenable in the long run.

Guys help

Go back in time to when Interplay made it free shortly before they lost the rights to Bethesda.

Nah m8, his base consists of three whacko quasi tribes. Of course they're gonna hate him, but nobody wanted to make a move on him considering he has a considerable army and all the power in controlling the giant cap crop.

> but nobody wanted to make a move on him
Except you know the Omertas, who had a plan to gas the strip, and take out House

Then there was Benny, leader of the Chairmen, who also planned to take out House

>His ability to win is based purely on luck.
The House always wins, baby!

Yeah I should revise what I said, *was going to have a considerable army

After the upgrades to the Securitrons there was no possible way anyone could have taken over the Strip. Who do you suppose would be a better option?

>inb4 NCR

florida wasn't nuked i see

Yes, it is a meme because it's a half-assed assumption that FONV doesn't even support (as you pointed out with how shitty Vegas itself was until House got off his ass). The only big metropolitan regions that are "developed" as shown in the Fallout Universe so far is maybe San Francisco, and that was entirely because of the Shi (and their stewardship of pre-war technology), and maybe The Boneyard, but that was a rough craphole in the only game it was actually depicted, and it's only assumed to be developed by the 2280s because the Gun Runners and Followers of the Apocalypse worked their asses off for a century to develop settlements in that region and it has renown (Medical College and Gun Runners are regionally known). But considering one of the few non-doctor people from the Boneyard you actually meet in FONV is a scummy gangbanging druggy, it's still easy to assume The Boneyard has it's shitholes still.

So yes, the idea that big metro regions would have more development than smaller cities or rural towns, is a meme. It hasn't been implied or substantiated as the general trend of development in the Fallout Universe by any game at all. They do make good gameworld settings though, because as I mentioned before, the only major advantages a large metropolitan region would have, is salvage potential, and finding pre-war technologies and relics, and also higher potential populations in very diverse competitive factions.
Ok, fair enough.

>Who do you suppose would be a better option?
None of them DESU.

Legion are idiots cosplaying while not even understanding what they are cosplaying.

The NCR could be salvaged via internal revolution to cut out the corrupt elements, but that is a big if.

And House is a egotistical megalomaniac who has no real understanding of the people under him, and whose poor management has already ruined any real chances he had at getting anything accomplished. His police state will eventually lead to him either being forced to stand down, or have to kill everyone after they get even more tired of his bullshit then they already are, since he can't run a city with no one in it.

The Yes Man ending is probably the best for everyone as it forces both the NCR and Legion back, and makes them have to look inward at their problems, while at the same time it removes the idiot that is House, keeping Vegas an actually sustainable, if somewhat lawless, state

>And House is a egotistical megalomaniac

bruh

>The Yes Man ending is probably the best for everyone

BRUH

>. The only big metropolitan regions that are "developed" as shown in the Fallout Universe so far is maybe San Francisco
You forget the big five of the east coast
-D.C.
-The Pitt
-Boston
-Ronto
-Whatever city the Broken Banks is set in

Also, while Salt Lake City itself didn't manage much, the Mormons accomplished quite a bit in Ogden, which is part of the Salt Lake City metro area.

Then there is L.A.

And while we haven't heard form them yet, I would suspect
-Seattle
-New Orleans
-Miami
-At least one of the big Texas cities
-Maybe Nashville

To be up there also

>Ronto
We don't know anything about this place.

Not bad, although I think your concept that the Texas Triangle would be unified in any way, and especially connected with NOLA, is laughable. Also why is all of Florida ghouls? Miami is extremely isolated from northern Florida. I could see a ghoul faction maybe because of some experimental spaceship reactor at Cape Canaveral (or whatever the universe equivalent is) causing widespread radition. But it would hardly mean they were unified. Miami ruins swamp people with a cuban or colombian drug culture fighting off ghouls from the north might work.

I think NOLA as a ghoul city could work too, nukes drop, levies break, toxic river water flood into certain quarters. Raft and on-stilt shack settlements in flooded quarters full of cajun ghouls, with "pure" humans in unflooded regions of town fighting eachother. Also I think any "New South" faction would be in Georgia/Carolina area myself, like Hotlanta to Charlotte.

Is there a cleaner version of that map? The one with just the Fallout settlements, none of the extra lines, would be nice.

>We don't know anything about this place.
We know its developed enough to be put on par with places like The Commonwealth, and the Capital Wasteland in terms of importance on the east coast.

Like this one?

> I think your concept that the Texas Triangle would be unified in any way, and especially connected with NOLA, is laughable
I meant it more as trading cities, like how The Capital Wasteland, The Pitt, The Commonwealth, and the Broken Banks all trade with each other.

New Orleans really has no one else nearby for them to interact with, so it makes sense they would at least have some trade with Houston.

>Also why is all of Florida ghouls?
It would make for a funny stereotype that Florida, the state commonly associated with old people, would all become ghouls, forming a large ghoul state.

lmfao osama bin brahmin how did alchestbreach come up with the joke?

DC is a shithole, literally the only halfway decent settlements are Megaton and Rivet City. The only reason that region might be halfway decent is because of the Lone Wanderer unifying the locals with the BoS and getting Project Purity going. Before that it was a complete shithole, there is no disputing that.

Boston? Same fucking thing. Diamond City is it, "Jewel of the Commonwealth?" It's a slightly bigger Megaton. The Pitt isn't developed for shit, it's got local industry going for sure, but it's a toxic inhospitable shithole that runs on slavery. Ronto is maybe the only implied big metro area that is developed (if it isn't nuked from orbit), and Great Lanta, if you consider Atlantic City a major metro area.

Broken Banks, if it becomes the Charleston area, maybe. But all we know is it is a decent trading hub along the southern coast, but it could a network of coastal island shacks turned into a post-war trade player, there is nothing to assume it was a major metropolitan city (which was the point of that argument to begin with: the erroneous assumption that development in the Fallout only occurs in pre-war metropolitan areas, is a meme).

Saying "BRUH" doesn't show their ideas as being incorrect in any way.

>It would make for a funny stereotype that Florida, the state commonly associated with old people, would all become ghouls, forming a large ghoul state.
I like the cut of your jib. And yeah, that image works great.

lmfao trainwiz how did trainwiz come up with the joke?

And it's either very weak, or very strong, based on the specific attribute Ashur associates it with.

I like to imagine it's the latter, with Toronto having become the main military hub for the United States in Canada so after the war it was left with big stockpiles of weapons.

by creating shit mods no one cares about besides 1chan, which also happens to be the best chan.

Are there any good mods out there that'll make the Mechanist's Lair less shit?

I need some recommendations.

> literally the only halfway decent settlements are Megaton and Rivet City
Tenpenny Tower

> Before that it was a complete shithole, there is no disputing that.
Except it had several larger towns, numerous smaller settlements, a large system of traders with an organized route that took them basically across the whole of the Capital Wasteland, and we know they did outside trade with The Commonwealth, The Broken Banks, and The Pitt.

Not to mention, the only town in any real danger is Big Town, and that was only recent.

Everyone likes to play up the super mutants and raiders, but everyone in Fallout 3 itself makes mention of how they aren't bothered by them for various reason.

The environment is shitty yes, but in terms of trade and shit its fine, same with The Commonwealth.

Are there any good mods out there that'll make my life less shit?

I need some recommendations.

Fuck it get qt mind-travel doctor to sort it.

>Tenpenny

Alright, this is my biggest problem with the Bethesda FO games. How did Tenpenny and Moriarty get to the Capital Wasteland?

> How did Tenpenny and Moriarty get to the Capital Wasteland?
We have had two DLC focused heavily around people using boats to sail long distances.

And people made it to America ages ago in shitty wooden viking boats

This is literally the biggest non issue

Stop playing the worst DLC of fallout 4 and play far harbor instead.

Alright, but what about Dr Amari?

Boat

Tenpenny Tower is an exclusive resort set up by a rich fuck (relatively recently, too). Yeah people could live and survive in the D.C. ruins, as in all major metropolitan areas, but there is nowhere near the development of places like Shady Sands, the Hub, Vault City or even New Reno. Which were all either smaller cities, or GECK-produced new settlements. So again the whole idea that the only "development" can occur in big metropolitan areas is bullshit and not supported by the universe as depicted in games.

However, big metro areas do make good primary game locations, as I mentioned several posts back. This is why they are often mentioned and alluded too in-game. The have notoriety (both in the 4th wall by being known and relatable to the game's main market, and to the gameworld as being legendary cities of pre-war America). But this doesn't imply they would be the only places to be developed, or even particularly good places to develop. As I mentioned before, the only main economic resource is salvage and maybe finding recoverable and restorable pre-war technology and infrastructure.

By boat? There is no reason boats couldn't function reliably in the post-war world. Obviously fossil-fuel shits would have a hard time, but there is probably microcell type ships, maybe mutant sea algae biofuel, or just putting up a sail made from human skins of defeated rival ship crews? Getting around via sea is perfectly reasonable, and from most of pre-war game lore, it seemed Europe was a tapped-out shithole at Soylent Green levels even before the bombs fell, so I'm sure for adventuresome risk-takers, travelling to America (the objectively greatest and most advanced nation on the planet as of 2077) would be a reasonable decision.

It just makes you sound like one of those neo-commies who say "Yeah the USSR was maybe a little bit bad, but if it was ME in charge it would be completely different!"

House introduces himself as an Autocrat and he explains why it must be the case, his vision is one that can take humanity. If you want to see the fate of democracies, look out the windows.

The House ALWAYS wins.

>call in artillery barrage on Super Mutant encampment
>rush in to finish whoever might be left inside the building
>turn corner and see Super Mutant Master with Plasma Thrower
>back the fuck up after eating a plasma slurry
>he quickdraws a Missile Launcher in under a second and blows me up
whos idea was it to make an enemies weapon swap time so short

this is was than that Gunner in Quincy who could switch between Fat Mans and Missile Launchers as soon as you went up to his roof

so, i haven't played fo4 in a longass time and i'm making a char that's pretty much a valentine clone and wearing trenchcoats and using pistols/tommygun exclusively

but is there any other Veeky Forums trenchcoat out there besides the one that nick is wearing and the silver shroud one? like, any decent mods out there?

> Shady Sands
>Vault City
GECK cities.

> the Hub
Which is literally ntohing more then a larger version of places like Goodneighbor.

If you go back and look at the Hub in Fallout 1, its literally just people squatting in a bunch of pre-war buildings that are partially falling apart and have holes in the roofs.

Like any town in the mojave, D.C., or Boston area

worse than that gunner*

sorry i got dyslexia

can't you literally just search up Mechanist in Nexus and get a good handful of mods that expand the Lair to the whole facility?

Here is a map of most of the post-war trade routes that are known

Gunners are fucking crazy

>not vatsing as soon as she reaches for her pockets

You dun fukt up

I thought Captain Bridget was pretty cute, so I stripped her naked and cut off her head

Yes, I've stated that control vaults with GECKs are more important than being in a metropolitan area as far as post-war development. And yeah The Hub is a tiny little shithole in-game, but remember that was an entire CENTURY before FO3/NV/4. Considering how widespread the Caravans are and how integrated the trade companies are in the NCR government, it's safe to assume that The Hub is a much more prominent settlement as of the 2280s than we've seen it depicted.

I'm not saying the East Coast is shit or that the settlements in California didn't have ridiculous advantages (ton of GECKs and two generations of legendary heroes), I'm just saying the concept that development can only occur in metropolitan ruins, is incorrect and not supported by the gameworld at all. It's purely based out of assumptions and bias (since the gross majority of players are from one of the metropolitan megaregions).

(Neither am I saying that any pre-war small city or rural region would have it easy, they have their own issues too, climate changes and weather could be easily fatal, and isolation brings a myriad of problems to a subsitance population.)

I also understand that future Fallout games will start trending toward this bias; as I've mentioned metropolitan ruins generally make a good setting for type of game Fallout is. The only time a rural or wilderness setting will really work well for a Fallout game is if they make one in the old style with an overworld with more detailed localized scenes, so you cover longer timescales and geographical areas; but this will probably never happen. But metro ruins work for the relatively small, but contiguous hub, which seems to be the future of most video game RPGs; they have familiarity and notoriety, and have several competing factions within its locality.

>T 4 Sv 3+

>i got spurs
ackchyually the song is called jingle jangle jingle

>Survival
>Establishing supply lines
>Murkwater has nothing but a provisioner
>literally nothing but a provisioner
>Murkwater is under attack!
Considering letting it fail, but the leveled enemies might be too lucrative.

The biggest problem I have with Fallout 1 and 2 is that the location of places like shady, and Vault City, don't make any sense.

The Vaults were designed to test people, which requires people reach them to be tested, but Vaults 8, 13, and 15 are all located in the middle of the desert, so far away from any sort of population center that, in all honestly, no one should have been able to reach them in time to not die.

Shady and Vault City not being located in metro areas is honestly the result of nonsensical shit from the first games which they couldn't simply retcon.

I think my son is broken

As a leaf, I can confirm (To)Ronto would be ignored by atomic fire. If it was a major arms manufacturer as mentioned in The Pitt DLC (and keeping in mind a longtime occupation by American military imperialism), it would have likely had the means of intercepting a direct warhead.

Can't say the same for Detroit & Hamilton..

(Fun fact, there are currently 3 known teams, each working on their own "Ronto" mod. They all want to claim fame, so none of them work together. By the time they are done, FO5 will be out)..

> If it was a major arms manufacturer as mentioned in The Pitt DLC
The Pitt never mentioned Ronto as an arms manufacturer.

>sneak
Figure it out, smoothskin.

Upon the bombs dropping, all you have to do is get to the minimum safe distance, and then you've got quite a bit of time to reach the vault. After about a week you seal it up properly.

Except the bombs in Fallout were designed to be low explosive, high radiation bombs, with radiation covering the earth in days

FO1 was severely limited by memory (not to mention it's earlier in the timeline). Use your fucking imagination. The town obviously doesn't have all of 10 inhabitants...

Source for Ronto trade route south, over the Lake?
I like it.

Why is she so fuckable?

>missing at point blank

>Days

>Time to get away
>Seal it up after about a week
>What is Radaway

I don't understand your objection.

Where are you seeing them go over the lake? they are clearly going AROUND it.

Also, we hear in The Pitt tat Ashur's network extends from The Pitt, to the Erie Stretch, to Ronto, meaning, he has to have some route back and forth up to there

What is your character's motivation?

Finding Shaun? Making the Commonwealth great again? Killing everyone?

Perhaps, a loved one?

>"In a speech to the slaves of The Pitt, Ashur proclaims that The Pitt, with its industry, security, and strength, is the envy of the Commonwealth, the Capital Wasteland, and Ronto, respectively."
>Implied Ronto industry
>implied Ronto security
>implied Ronto strength
>Ronto=military power

Do you really need it to be "canon" to put 2+2 together? Much of Fallout's universe was left purposefully open-ended for fan adaptations and player-created environments...

Hamilton (just south of Ronto) has always been a major metals manufacturer.
>What does military do wit metals for security and strength I wonders......

MAKE FENWAY GREAT AGAIN.

I'M GONNA DEPORT EVERYONE FROM DIAMOND CITY SO WE CAN PLAY BASEBALL.

>Mistakes never happen
>I wasn't even being accusatory or negative
>Veeky Forums

My character is an ex military man named Nate looking for his son Shaun and to avenge his wife by killing the kidnapper and murderer, but his son is the villain and he has two choices at the end of Fallout 4 kill Shaun or nuke the commonwealth.

>Walking is quicker than following 400 year old charted waterways.
>What is canal power?

I don't get this meme. At what point does the Institute nuke the Commonwealth if you side with Shaun?

Actually Ashur says that

>Our industry is the envy of the Commonwealth! Our safety is the envy of the Capital Wastes! Our might is the envy of Ronto!

He attributes one of those things to each of those three other areas.

Whats more, is that Ashur is clearly talking about what those places DO NOT have

-The Capital Wasteland is the biggest war torn hellhole on the east coast, and lacks safety(Whereas Ashur's raiders keep the people of The PItt safe from the Trogs)

-The Commonwealth lacks any sort of actual industry(Whereas Ashur's steel mill lets him make ammo)

-And going by the above Ronto has no might(while Ashur's huge raider/slaver army is probably the largest army on the east coast at the time)

You really can't seem to understand basic comparisons.

It was always a false leaked ending.

Any of the Midwest ones are pure conjecture at this point. Nothing in any of the 3D games gives the assumption that the MWBoS has even remotely the range of unified influence those assume.

Also the Legion one is a bit off, there would be way more routes in northern and western New Mexico, as Farmington and Shiprock are probably the most prominent farming settlements in Legion Domain, and Gallup being on the I-40 would be a prominent trade hub. Also southerly routes would probably go toward the Malpais region, through St. Johns and the upper Salt River basin. Also while going up I-25 along the Colorado Front Range is plausible, I think the Legion would've expanded up the Rio Grande into the San Luis Valley, and then follow Hwy-285 corridor into the Denver metro area. They were known to be in this area, as Twin Mothers is in the San Luis mountains, and they could've picked up their BoS captives around Buena Vista (although they could've picked them up around Vault0/Norad/Cheyenne Mt. in the Colorado Springs area too, although I always figured that city would've been one of the worst hit; lot of military installations in the area, so it's probably a major shithole you'd avoid if you weren't going for secret pre-war supercomputers or secret bunker shit anyway.

In a global nuclear exchange, you couldn't assume a major population center like Toronto would be ignored, even if it doesn't have major political or military installations. Ronto got nuked for sure, besides in the Fallout Universe it was the occupation capital.

Yeah actually the location of Vault City really annoys me. It would've made more sense if it was around the Lake Tahoe area, or in the mountains southwest of Reno, west of Carson City. Where it's at in-game is literal nothing mountains, I think it might even be in Indian Reservation in SW Idaho (not that the Federal Government of Fallout's USA would give two shits about injuns).

>Any of the Midwest ones are pure conjecture at this point.
I was just going by what was shown at the end of Tactics.

They are an omniscient entity known as The Player possessing the body of the Sole Survivor, capable of putting on a convincing act as a Voiced Protagonist but acting of their own accord and not that of the Concerned Parent.

>trying out multiple followers, planning to dismiss whoever I don't like later on
>attending Maxson's speech
>codsworth, piper and nick talking over him with all their nonsense
>nick: 'too many folks these days count on violence to solve their problems' etc.
>codsworth: 'well well well!'
>piper: 'never thought a report could consider themself successful' etc.
>maxson takes the high ground and doesnt shoot them on the spot for talking over him during an important speech
>maxson finishes his speech with 'Ad Victoriam!'
>dogmeat barks his approval and does this as a salute

how can people claim dogmeat isnt the best companion?

what would you do if this robot slapped your gf on her ass

I just want to travel with my buddy, maybe kill a deathclaw or two

>get one shot while traveling through boston
>instead of the normal death animation, character falls backward and looks at the sky, then immediately put back in last bed without a loading screen

what the shit just happened

hope im not in electical arc range and run

^

Is there a mod that lets me make melee bash and grenade toss different buttons holy shit fuck bethesda

can someone explain to me why my gun which previously had 10 energy damage (like the description says) suddenly has 135?

all I did was get the last lone wanderer perk which gives +25% damage

It was just a bad dream.

What level do you guys normally finish the story line at? I feel like im missing a ton of shit at level 50ish.

yes

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11029/?

Soooo....does anyone have the foggiest idea as to why projectiles with alt trigger anywhere on them blow up under your feet as a missile? Even the vanilla MIRV addon for the Fatman does this, but it usually blows up before it can hit a wall. I don't really want my gun to do that though. Trigger on impact also doesn't seem to make the sub-projectiles come out either.

I tried lobber and that doesn't quite work well with the Super Plasma Cannon. It just shoots out a ball of plasma that bounces around and just sits there until it blows up. Kinda silly and not like what I'm trying to recreate.