I've come to realize something. I have zero understanding of slow drivers, especially lanehoggers...

I've come to realize something. I have zero understanding of slow drivers, especially lanehoggers. I have never ridden with anyone who does this. If you or someone you know hogs the passing lane, please clarify things for me. Is it out of spitefulness? Vigilantism? Not giving a shit? I just don't get it; I need to know the motivation behind such frustrating actions.

Other urls found in this thread:

ctvnews.ca/canada/stunt-driving-takedown-instagram-reveals-car-club-s-expensive-antics-1.3352322
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ignorance.
Many have no idea there are different sets of etiquette dependent on lane position. It's sort of a "I pay for the roads too, so you don't get to tell me how to drive on them" attitude.

There's nothing like coasting your shitbarge along in the right-hand lane as you go the speed limit. It's amazing when you just get to relax.

I drivers exactly the speed limit using cruise contol in the right lane because im sick of cops pulling me over, wasting my money on tickets and losing my license.
That being said left lane hoggers can all go die.

I wish I could do this.
>speed limit is 100
>inside lane is for doing about 80
>outside lane is for doing no more than 95
>middle lanes are somewhere in between

You literally cannot do the speed limit here. My cruise control is worthless.

90% ignorance/Asians
9% very very powerful vehicle complex (ie I drive a v6 highlander and it's big and powerful so I belong in the """"fast"""" lane doing 90)
>1% actual faggots who do it to be a cunt or because of road rage

Pretty much.
Here is Australia on the motorway people simply have no fucking clue someone behind them may want to go faster unless they are being tailgated. If you flash them from behind it just gives people the shits and makes them more resolute whether you are following closely or not. Every time you have a throng of cars going faster than the speed limit in the right lane they are all tailgating each other. When such a throng comes up on me while I'm waiting in the fast lane for some idiots to get out of my way each and every last one of these cunts will go around me. Some shouting profanities, some sounding their horn and none of them with any clue that I want to go faster too. I just don't want to tailgate at 100 km/h.

And all this bullshit ends up slowing me down even further. I've even resorted to undertaking on the shoulder as car after car continues this chain of idiocy constantly getting in my way in the right lane. That's why just relaxing and driving the speed limit or under is easier sometimes than coping with the frustration of dealing with morons driving vehicles on public roads. It's all a bit much sometimes

I do this, I don't do it on motorways because there's no need but I'll use the right lane if I need to make a right turn within the next 1 - 2 miles. I'll take it to the speed limit and cruise at that, usually get some racer faggot who eventually undertakes.

I like to go 55 MPH in the right-most lane because I get maximum range, and I don't have to adjust my cruise control. It's very relaxing.

I'd say it's 49% people who are fucking oblivious, 49% who are using it to pass, 1% speedy mcspeedfaces (myself; go ahead and preach), 1% fucking dickbags with superiority complexes.

Somehow that last 1% know when I leave the house and find their way here after I get home. It's like magic.

I notice cars move over 99% of the time when I come up behind them in the left lane on my motorcycle, but basically never do when in a car.

I think people are just "im going 1.5 kmph faster than the guy next to me so I belong in the fast lane"

>tfw my cruise control doesn't even work anymore

Ignorance.

The roads around here are watched by cops almost all of the time, so it's a big gamble to speed at all. I just pick the lane I need for my purposes and stay on it at exactly the speed limit, only exceeding if there's a bunch of traffic going over too.

And I think a lot of people just space out once they're on the road too. Just lost inside their car.

I mean, that's just overtaking, they'll be gone in a few seconds at worst if they're overtaking one guy. People who do this but refuse to go back afterwards are the real dicks.

i've long realised that lanehoggers & slow drivers are driving because they have to for work etc., but not necessarily because they WANT to drive. if you have no interest in something, you're going to suck at it and unfortunately we let people get licenses and cars even if they're fucking crying their eyes out because mommy forced them to do it.

Sort of, but not entirely. has it right, people spend like 80 percent of their day zoned out up their ass. They don't think and have zero self awareness. It's worst in people who have shitty lives and the elderly.

There's a great road that snakes up a hill with loads of turns where I am.
Last week I was driving it and literally spent the whole length stuck behind two cars pacing each other. It's not like I could blame the guy in the right lane, but I wanted to strangle the woman in the left.

I hate these kike fag left lane hogs. I hate the middle lane hogs even more, who end up going slower than the right lane.

A lane hogger infuriates me more than anything.
But then I realized it's aright, I can just slow down myself and take a few deep breaths.
It helps me pull out of that driving mentality and just enjoy my day for a little while before I get lost in the rat race again.

fuck off you fucking miserable dipshit cunt

I think that's a good way of seeing things

kek
its aright bud, you can take a few calm, deep breaths too right now.
You'll thank me for it once you do.

I think people are just oblivious to their surroundings. A lot of people are afraid to drive or aren't hyper-aware autists like most 4channers so their driving mannerisms resemble that of an idiot slowly bumbling from Point A to Point B. Who knows.

1) I want to pass the guys in the slow lane but don't necessarily want to go 20 above the speed limit.
2) I have to turn left within the coming mile.
3) I'll move over if I can/see you coming up unless you start tailgating me and flash me. Then I'll just cruise.

This. I never understood how people are reasonably expected to stay in the right lane when left turns exist. In my city the next turn of probably 80% of the traffic is to the left so they get over early to be safe and there's rarely someone in the right lane meaning it's ripe for overtaking. The expressway that runs through my city also ends with city streets at either end so people have to sit in the left lane for much of the trip to make their turn safely. Thank god the police don't enforce Keep Right here or it would be an absolute nightmare.

> When such a throng comes up on me while I'm waiting in the fast lane for some idiots to get out of my way each and every last one of these cunts will go around me
This pisses me off more than anything on the road. No doubt it's always one cunt doing 80 in the outside lane, a big queue of fags behind him wanting to do 90, and me waiting at the end wanting to do 100
Then some fucker (who wants to do 90 too) sees the queue and goes for the sick cunt wangan midnight undertake, realises there are even slower cunts in the inside lane, and violently cuts back into the outside lane making everyone brake and drive even slower.
This happens multiple times every day.

I used to be against undertaking and would prefer to just apply pressure to outside lane campers with increasingly unfriendly tailgating, but I've realised now the best thing to do is just get past them however you can before they turn into an impassable queue

I do 55-65 in the right lane, large space cushions to minimize braking because muh gas mileage

>and then someone comes up behind you and rides 2 feet from your bumper
>but doesn't pass you
>and gets dangerously close when you approach intersections/stop signs/lights
>and ultimately ruins your drive because you fucking know that if they keep this up, YOU WILL BE REAR-ENDED

That's when you delicately slow down to a crawl and watch them boil in their own autism.

Aussie here.

Absolutely this.

meltdown

I'm definitely a speedy mcspeedface myself, as well, but even then, I don't stay in the left (passing) lane. Not like I weave, but if there isn't anyone to pass to my right, I merge over until I reach the next car to pass. I also play by the rule of "just don't be the fastest" around cops, so if someone with another sporty car flies by me, I always give chase. I can't help myself, and being in the right lane gives me a chance to slot in right behind him.

>I have zero understanding of slow drivers

Bitchass passengers

>hurr stop going so fast you're speeding
>it's in the northeast on a 65 highway
>fine do like 67
>life in the slow lane
>right lane is ending
>some asshole has been sitting right on my rear quarter
>honk
>NOT EVERYTHING IS THE OTHER DRIVERS FAULT user
>brake hard and merge because we're literally about to die
>DON'T TAKE YOUR ANGER ON ME

She also gets carsick so absolutely must sit in the passenger's seat, refuses to actually work the radio and climate controls (or just not fucking touch them) and can't read a map.

Everyone else in my family bitches too but it's not that bad, most just 2 people backseat driving and my sister complaining about everything.

Just honk. Wake them from their trance.

>life in the slow laaaaaaaane
>surely make you you lose your mind

One day you'll run into a speed trap and get pulled over with 4-5 other retards.
I did and we all got impounded for doing 40km+ over the limit.

Nevar forget

ctvnews.ca/canada/stunt-driving-takedown-instagram-reveals-car-club-s-expensive-antics-1.3352322

>7day driving suspensions
Fucking rich people
I got impounded for 7 days and lost my license in BC.
I'm sure a few of the idiots following me faced the same bullshit, so many tow trucks came.

I'll tell you what's just as annoying.

When there's heavy traffic and a intersection in the road, but the driver in front of you doesn't have the capacity to understand that if they drive forward, they won't have enough room to fit in on the opposite side. So they sit there in the middle of a busy road and jam up the cars coming from the other way. Or they get to the middle of the road, and then try to reverse back into the cars behind them.

>honk
I wish.
Then it's "Fuck you, I'm not doing shit."
Or if it's one lane, they go even slower.

I dont enter an intersection that i cant clear, but this infuriates almost all other drivers where I am from. They either go around in another lane or go over into the shoulder to get in front of me. The cops love this, they are actively patrolling the roads I drive on and hand out tickets like its nothing. Funny thing is I'll pass them on the freeway driving like 3-7 mph over shortly after.