Childhood is idolizing the Italians

Childhood is idolizing the Italians

Adolescence is idolizing German "engineering"

Adulthood is finally realizing that American cars are the most fun, most reliable, most interesting, most well engineered, best cars on the road.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LfWMmUJaPZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>well engineered
Lmao okay

prove me wrong

nope
childhood: ricer shitboxes
adolescent: Group B rally cars
early adulthood: motorcycles

simple is better

just because something is more complicated doesnt mean its better engineered, in fact simple engineering is more effective and generally preferable across all fields

They maybe the most fun in terms of fucking around on the road, but they aren't reliable, aren't very interesting nor well enginereed.

Although my dream car is a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T so you may have something right OP.

Exact fucking same.

ok

do you own a bike?

I just like cars, no matter what country they originate from.

WRONG

I like this post.

for this reason, i prefer japanese cars overall

not to say that all american cars are bad, just that not all of them are as simple as you say

What in the fuck

>2000 Dodge Stratus
what the hell
Who thought this was a good position for the damn battery?
No wonder 90s and 00s Chryslers are shit, the engineers they hired probably were doing acid while designing this car

Accurate until the last one. OP what the fuck is wrong with you?

The LHS is even worse
The battery's in the same location on the opposite side, but you have to go in through the top.

t. spent 6 hours changing an LHS battery

>they aren't reliable
They very well can be; immediate things that come to mind are anything powered by the Iron Duke, the Slant-6, the 4.6 Modular, and pretty much any of the corporate GM small-blocks.

Sage all fields

"""""Well engineered"""""
What the fuck are you smoking OP

This sounds like the progression of a poorfag loser slowly lowering his expectations over the course of his life after realizing that he will never afford anything but American.

>when I grow up I'm gonna have a Ferrari!
>if I work hard I'll probably be able to afford a Porsche!
>I guess I'm never going to do better than a domestic car...

Hahaha good one. No. I've seen many americans in my day. Incredibly shoddy, low quality trash. Engineered and built by people doing their 9 to 5 job to pay the bills. There's no passion.

so much this.
Or OP is a boomer trying to defend his C6 Corvette

>>when I grow up I'm gonna have a Ferrari!
>if I work hard I'll probably be able to afford a Porsche!
Id unironically take a Camaro over either of those unless the Porsche is a Cerrera GT or 918 or the Ferrari is a F40.

Your mom dropped you on your head as a baby.

The Escalade has electronics in the wheels arches as well. Many American cars are really badly built. Yeah some are really cheap but they're not built to last. They're built to get your money

I think childhood is muscle cars quite easily

theyre completely immature and overall awful machines and many have gaudy hot wheels-esque styling

theyre about as interesting as a brick and almost as technologically advanced as one all while being cheaply made

theyre not that reliable either and are awful to drive

youre just too ignorant in your youth to realize this and you think BIG LOUD MUH VEE 8 SO COOL

Jeremy Clarkson said it best: "All muscle cars are crap."

Adulthood is realizing that American cars are just life sized Hotwheels garbage.

>simple is better
rudimentary =/= simple

Yes simple is good, too simple is not....

here's the (you) that you were craving so much

Nothing says adult like names such as hellcat, firebird, Mustang Boss, Mustang Cobra, Road Runner, Barracuda, Viper, Hemi Cuda or other variations of animal, temperature+animal, animal+animal, adjective+animal or cartoon character.

Beta males have the funny habit of confusing masculine with childish because their natural urges are repressed

Ok Arnold, you enjoy your testosterone dripping naughty cat, hot chicken, horse employer, horse snake, cartoon bird, fish, snake, hemispherical fish and The - anything.

Wrong, adulthood is realising Swedish cars are the best

muscle cars are designed to appeal to 5-14 year olds
look at the bumblebee in transformers for example
I used to love muscle cars until I actually got into cars.

>simple is better
>this one is simpler because i dont understand the other one
Its like they used to say that DOHC is more complicated than pushrods, and carbs are simpler than EFI.
I dont hate on american cars, they serve their purpuse well.
American car: buy new, its a nice car but you might wanna sell it after 5 years because it will slowly start to fall apart.
German car: buy new, its a nice car, looks expensive, and its expensive, but you also might wanna sell it after 5 years because it will start to become expensive to repair.
Japanese car: its meh, doesnt feel premium or cheap, just meh, and you wont need to sell it after 5 years because it wont be expensive or fall apart, down side, you wont have a new car every 5 years.

Went through these stages exactly OP, so happy the second one ended fast and I got rid of my benz before it became a money pit and bought a reliable American pickup in its place. That 350ci throttle body injection v8 will never ever die.

kek

>Childhood
Japanese dependability is what allowed Honda and Toyota to dominate the US auto market. The sacrifice of emotion, high powered engines and unique styling to achieve practicality and reliability within a budget is a fair trade off.

>Adolescence
Fuck dependability, Germans are the pinnacle of automotive engineering. Who cares if I need to take the engine out at the tune of $10,000 to replace a tensioner pully spring on my S4, I get 110hp per liter. Never mind that the 5 series feels like an 80s Cadillac regarding road feel and dropping in a new battery at home voids the warranty, it's more complicated so it's superior. I'll be rich when I'm old who cares, how often it will break! Pushrods are shit. This twin turbo BMW engine cost $30,000 and weighs double what a $4,000 LS does so it must be better even though it makes less power. 14/88 mein ehre heisst treue!

>Adulthood
Now that I have financial security and know how cars work. I'll be buying American. I've realized that American cars are 90% as capable as Japanese and German cars, and often more so while being simpler and cheaper. They're manufactured to be easily wrenched on and modified. Additionally they offer more power and tech in class than foreign makes while being cheaper and employing fellow Americans.

>childhood
whatever car is strongest in your playing card game/need for speed
>adolescence
personal choice, can be anything
>adulthood
toyota and volvo

completely agree, OP. american cars know how to have fun and make you fall in love.

There are a lot of people especially on Veeky Forums who would pick skyrines and supras over (insert latest edition of gotta catch-em all collector edition 911 GT3/2 here) or Ferrari.

I figured that people who thought you should always choose one car over another based on heritage and tradition were the actual boomers. i remember seeing a Infinity advertisement (wish i knew the name) showing a father having disapproval of his son for wanting an Infinity instead of adding a slightly newer BMW to the family car lineup.

This is the truth. Nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to a Cadillac. Sure, give me and Audi or a Mercedes and i'll drive it to death. But Cadillac? That's another realm of comfort

it's really sad and sort of funny cadillacs are basically an asia favorite now. everyone but white people love them

You know why that is? Those countries appreciate execution and craftsmanship. Sure some Americans do, but 8/10 American drivers on the road are going to be a clueless boomer woman hauling her husband around in their sub compact chevy aveo because 'muh fuel economy'.

Who the fuck keeps bumping this?

A single vehicle - unless they all do that, it's not an engineering issue

youtu.be/LfWMmUJaPZw

This guy here, I like this guy.

same honestly, my dream garage would have murica, yuro and even a jap car or 2
hell i even like certain fords, chevys and dodges

Muscle cars are cool but you're a retard

Post muscle cars

this is so true
why must Veeky Forums be so toxic ;_;

Nope if we are talking american Lincon is better than a GM shitbox china loves Lincon and so should (you)

>Childhood
American muscle
>Adolescence
European luxury
>Adulthood
80s Jap shitboxes

Lincoln? I'd love a Lincoln almost just as much as a Cadillac. They both are big, comfortable, practical, and extremely aesthetic. Though the Cadillac will have a bit more features and the badge itself is worth it so I'll stick with them for now.

But yes, Lincoln is very close.

as much as i'd like to agree, they like them because "old money". caddy has a horrible reputation in the states now as every boomer filed into ugly lexus and hyundai after caddy left them with turds in the 90s

>childhood: ricer shitboxes
Not gonna lie, I wanted the evo from Tokyo drift when I was little
>adolescent: Group B rally cars
When I was sixteen I had Group B posters, wallpapers, and shirts and I thought the Audi Quattro was the greatest thing to happen to racing ever
>early adulthood: motorcycles
Now I have a GSX and I want an S1000rr

i my self wanted the 2f2f r34 before i knew its scarcity.
my favorite Group B was the Stratos and the deltas. i wanted to be a rally driver.
motorcycles i use to be a scooter boy and now i ride on a duke 390. although i really love the hayabusa though

This, my 13 yo brother loves muscle cars, and points out every mustang on the road.

Muscle car owners can be divided into 4 groups.

1. Manchildren who never grew up and learned to appreciate engineering/ refinement

2. People that want to go fast but have no money and don't know any other fast cars in that price range.

3. Midlife crisis boomers who think it will help them look cool and replace the wife that just left them.

4. Old farts who buy classic muscle because it's American and old.

quite literally the other way around.
kids love huge exhausts, visible superchargers, colossal trucks and loud cars.

T. Negro

For the price you save on gas you can keep a benz for ever

I am seriously sitting here browsing Veeky Forums taking a break from figuring out WHY THE FUCK MY VORTEC 350 WON'T MOTHERFUCKING POP OFF WHEN IT HAS SPARK, FUEL, AND AIR!

Just thought I would share.
It is at 240k, but goddamnit, Max. Lazy bum of a truck.

>childhood
Mustangs
>teenager
Euro cars
>adulthood
JDM yo

>muscle cars are cool
>posts a fucking pony car

>child
Vee Ayet I know what I got boomerbarges
>adolecent
jay dee em tyte shitboxes
>adulthood
retro french, italian, and german (and still some nippon stuff)

Don't get me started...

People just don't even get it. Some whiny bitch was arguing with me endlessly about the new style dodge dart...

>Childhood: Cars from different regions look really look different so they must be really different
>Adolescence and early adulthood: Cars are basically the same you just get what you pay for in terms of performance and reliability
>Adulthood: Holy shit are the design philosophies of different regions are fundamentally different. If I'm going to build and maintain my own cars I better choose a region or even specific manufacturer & era to stick to forever

Childhood
>wow! cool car is cool!

Adolescence
>brand loyalty! nationalism!

Adulthood
>wow! cool car is cool!

So you have to take the wheel off to change a battery? Jack up the car to get enough space to get jump leads to it?

them's fighting words around here boy

As opposed to cars that are named after different bulls, Superfast, some obscure God that nobody knows about or can pronounce, Super America, California, different insects, and different numbers with some letters and dashes thrown in. You Europeans aren't any better.

No, adulthood is accepting traditional landyachts into your life

>Cars with names such as hellcat, firebird, Mustang Boss, Mustang Cobra, Road Runner, Barracuda, Viper, Hemi Cuda or other variations of animal, temperature+animal, animal+animal, adjective+animal or cartoon character
Confident in your maturity, more than comfortable admitting that fast cars are made to have fun with

>Cars that are named after different bulls, Superfast, some obscure God that nobody knows about or can pronounce, Super America, California, different insects, and different numbers with some letters and dashes thrown in.
Tryhard names still working to demonstrate their maturity and stress that going fast isn't fun, it's work and there should be minimal joy in it

European names confirmed to be high-school/college tier or crotchety old man who will never actually go fast again for the rest of his life

Ahh shit, no one told me we were playing F-Zero!

Bio Rex is my nigga.

Almost as bad as the Chevy HHR.

The battery is in the cargo space at the back, underneath the spare tire. But the hatch doesn't have a manual release, only electric. So, if the battery's dead, you have to open one of the two back doors, put the seat down, crawl into the back, open the compartment, take out the spare tire, take and throw the battery out of the car, haul the new battery over the seat and into the back, and put everything back together.

It must have been an even bigger pain in the ass for the panel version of the HHR, just a large cargo area, and no handles on the back doors, they had to be opened electronically.

I was shopping for an HHR Panel a while back, and one of the ones I was looking at had one of those dividers behind the front seats to stop cargo from entering the passenger space. God only knows how you'd change a dead battery with that cargo divider in your way.

patricianhood: acknowledging Japanese auto supremacy

Adulthood is idolizing charming but flawed cars produced by unfortunate automakers who no longer exist.

Godhood is realizing the Leafs are the superior engineers

Yes it is if the corvefe has shitty reliability ratings, what the fuck are you saying user?

>American Cars
>Reliable

There's a reason why American cars from the 60s and 70s are still on the road.

I daily a '74 Nova and I've had zero problems other than the brakes being shit because it has drums on all four wheels.

Childhood: Early 70s Broncos and other off road / dune rigs

Adolescence: Fuck, prolly nothing, gas is so expensive.

Adult: Motorcycles and vans.

Fag

Adulthood is getting a Toyota Camry because you realize that cars are meant to be used as an appliance that reliably gets you from A to B and there are better/more important things to spend your money on than going VROOM VROOM at stoplights.

They are still on the road because that is literally the only period of American cars that are worth saving and restoring, LMAO at keeping and maintaining an American car from the 80's

Why don't you just get a disk brake conversion? I feel then you would have no more problems with your car.

I regularly see 50s and 60s Euro cars on the road.

Eldergodhood is realizing the Japanese do everything the Americans do but better

And transcendence is when you realise the Australians did it best

Very young was American cars cause that's most of what we had where I've lived.

Mid childhood Japanese sports cars.

Late childhood to young adult (current) is European sports and saloon (E36 M3 driver).

New appreciation for American classic I never had is coming out. I'd be down with pic related. Still not into 50s American. Even older rats and customs are very cool.

Always had a place for Italian passion in my heart.

Those are Euro/Globalised American cars.

except continue to make fun affordable rwd manual sports cars
>370
>miata
>
>
>

Ha ha JAXA lol!
Take off the lotus colored goggles. America does over 11,000 things better than Japan.

>90s chrysler...

Maybe the sedans, but my 23 year old Ram 1500 begs to differ.

Regular maintenence and it still goes strong.