twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nth for how is your day going?

Why no webm section?

First for unusually specific hardware requirements

Is this a Vive thing?
Explain pls

That will keep me going...

For 10 minutes

This webm was posted last thread. I'm pretty sure that it requires a keyboard with N-key rollover.

composer looking for side projects to work on, email me for details of payment.

[email protected]

------

soundcloud.com/ethanb/the-retreat

soundcloud.com/ethanb/the-retreat

soundcloud.com/ethanb/the-grand-walk

soundcloud.com/ethanb/frozen-rain-drops

soundcloud.com/ethanb/sets/improvisations

>soundcloud.com/ethanb/the-retreat
this triggered my ASMR

very nice

Thinking about changing this scene to night pic related

Hey kid you wanted to plant crops no fuck you have some rocks now with BLINKING TECHNOLOGY

old version of it was sunset but I hope night will be comftier

Does 2D animation ever get fun, or is it always tedious bullshit

>he had to email himself the picture
rofl someone doesn't have a Windows phone with OneDrive set up

neat, i need some orchestral stuff, i'll keep your email handy.

rofl someone doesn't send himself pics with FB messenger.

Nice change on a clicker

I sent to a friend in an app. Pic got saved in a non-mapped folder.

If the mouse is in range of 3x3 player radius the mouse controls take over. Otherwise keyboard controls and whatever direction player is facing.

For Master Race Precision Gameplay™ brought to you by Nvidia™.

what this

>rdein nuked his twitter
RIPIP

How tf do I go from mp4 to webm and not have the filesize be 60 goddamn MB.

240x160, 16 bitrate, no audio, 7 seconds long

who

The guy who made the gwyn clone

>gwyn
That generic platformer?
Yeah, call the police.

why did he do it? got any links to the drama?

I assume it's gone along with his twitter, I only found out after the fact.
Don't know why

my favorite thing to do when making levels is having the player return to a puzzle they've already solved later in the level after they gain a new ability

it's unoriginal and been done millions of times before but it makes levels feel like actual areas instead of just a series of rooms one after the other
I like it more than the gimmick of "here's a puzzle you can't solve yet, come back later"

Who here is working on concept art?

540p
2.9 mb limit

quick! it's the fuzz!

>reddit makes a game

16 bitrate? 16mbps? thats your fucking problem

use 256k bitrate

Time to loomis it up senpai.

Ancap Tycoon would be fun, desu senpai

>think like anarchy with an edgy sort of twist
right in the sides

look, here is 656x512 at 60fps, 210k bitrate, it is 11 seconds long and only 0.5 megs.

That's a sense of progression and is good design imo

I used webmcam to make this, downloaded it from the github, it screen records directly to webm

Pure garbage
Can't be scrubbed

its so quick and easy though, and the file is so small

and no audio is just a checkbox

I even opened two instances of it to make a tutorial thats how easy it is why use obs?

Really good sense of place that way. And I wouldn't be afraid to make "art rooms" where it's just a hub or large chamber without much puzzles or solve (or a secret for players to discover).

Constant puzzling can be tiresome so if you're installing pacing it will keep the player from getting fatigued and dropping the game themselves.

That does seem nice
webmforbakas get wrecked

Yeah if you can get a feel for how long you can record and stay under 3mb, webmcam is great! Not having to open multiple programs saves SO much time, almost enough to counteract having to do multiple takes.

Yeah that's true

Although at the low bitrate I usually hit Veeky Forums's play length limitation before I hit the filesize limitation

I can't remember what the limit is but it might be 60 seconds or something

ill hit you up fampai.

the time limit is 120 seconds

wish me luck, about to test some new functionality

break a leg!

I hope you find some bugs but they're pretty easy to fix

I haven't really considered using "art rooms" aside from the starting room in most of the levels

I've been trying to make levels as compact as possible with minimal down-time, but now that I think about it I should probably reconsider, you might be right about the pacing being too tiresome

It worked, it was to call an external program via
System.Diagnostics.Process p = new System.Diagnostics.Process();

and pass in command line arguments to get it to do things, and instead of it writing to a file, capture the output
p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
p.WaitForExit();
string output = p.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd();

You should add unlockable optional gratuitous gore effects

>spent all day trying to install the FleX branch of ue4
these jiggle physics better be worth it

VR TCG, I think I'm forgetting something when it comes to tweening.
>mfw it literally took me longer to figure out how to record this webm and post it than it did to get this far along

how long on average does it take to make pieces like these?

this seems like the most gratuitous use of vr

Like this?
Or are you an H-dev?

That's a vertex, not physics, you ignoramus

That's just pushing vertices around, right? Flex is an actual physics sim.

And I am an aspiring h-dev.

Yes.

But "handling" the cards in your hand and "seeing" monsters pop up when played a la Yu Gi Oh will make it worth it.

I've had multiple days. Haven't slept much since posting to Greenlight. Trying like mad to generate traffic. I used to post frequently, but recently Ive already posted a link once. Im going to shamelessly shill it once more here then go kms no bully pls
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=909440815

But is your game actually good?
Another hearthstone clone would kill it

i made a shockwav effect. what doyou think?

You'll be limited in the number of monsters just because of models and animations... hopefully this forces you to make a well-balanced tcg with no chaff monsters

I can dab to that

>mixels ree

That's yet to be decided
I'm bad at TCG games, this is just fun as fuck to code. I have 2 friends who have more of a mind for that helping with that side of things. But the goal is to keep the fast pace of most online TCGs, get rid of RNGesus, and make a different mana curve besides "every turn gain a mana".

I've actually seen folks around here ask about your game more than a few times. Best of luck with greenlight, but you've picked a bit of a slow time to shill.

Glad to see this didnt die.

But the name "Delia" might have been better, but thats just me. Your trailer is colorful with decent music, but it doesnt really convey what the game is or about.

Are there characters to meet?
Does the world have any lore?
Is there a significance to you being there?
etc

This is actually a rare thing where i dont agree with the minimalist approach. I'd say your next thing should highlight the features better, but not hit people over the head.

gl m8

Yep. Makes me more design conscious, especially given a simple creature with portrait + model + 3 animations (idle, attack, die) will cost around $100 per at least. And that's India level work.

The tech has tons of issues but you are in for a treat. could new challengers stop appearing and stealing my ideas reee

are you the user that posted the anime chick with three different shaders

best of luck to you, i'm sure there is room for both of us

What in the fug

demo where

what the fuck, is slapping a girl with a dildo really enough to get you off

i wonder if i just went full retard and made naked girls with rubbery meme physics animations, would that be enough to satisfy someones fetishes

Youre pretty late on the downwell clone vine

R9k bait in the making

since this game is making you zero money at the moment shouldn't you drop it just like cavern kings?

Drop the first 23 seconds of the trailer

im not vine.........

Well damn, Im flattered 2bh. Thanks, yeah im definitely not thinking straight Im like a zombie at the moment sleep exhaustion.

Yeah, that name honestly sounds better and would avoid the negative connotations with psychedelic culture and only allude to it. Well, I fucked up there.

I plan on implementing some matter of lore in the form of items and secret areas you find. The only concrete thing story-wise that Ive really leaned towards is a lunatic NPC which you find in hidden caves that rambles off some lines which contain keys to finding Easter eggs, not just the collectibles.
I tried to just focus on describing the mechanics in detail in the description and show part of the gameplay. For example every 'jumping off point' only shows the last 1/2 - 1/3 of the combo of flowers to grab which still leaves the puzzle intact without ruining it but also showing the floaty jumps. Thank m8
man i gotta sleep im rambling fucked up Thanks again for the feedback

this is what you get for comissioning sprites from someone with an established artstyle

it doesnt matter who codes it, it's vine branded at the end of the day

I dont believe you, you black goddess

No problem, and yeah, i get your trailer. But I always give trailer feedback as if i were your average clueless /v/irgin. And always assume that they well NEVER read your descripiton or much of anything really.
Get some sleep m8

vine is a good brand. i dont understand why youd have a problem with it

you're making an assumption that my interest is sexual

True, and that description is fucking absurd anyway i need to chop it down like mad. I thought maybe a huge wall of text would satiate people looking for a story to a degree or something. yeah im gonna come bcak at this tomorrow and crash, thanks again guys

Yep that was me. Thanks, you too.

The main issue I had with Flex was that there is no way to get different part of a mesh to be simulated with different values. It's perfect for fluids, cloth and static objects though much more realistic results can be had than what you can see on this webm. But then again, we have an in-engine cloth tool coming up in 4.16 and you would have to port all code by yourself every few months and there is no support for AMD as far as I know..although nvidia seem to have updated everything to 4.15 so maybe they have decided to give gameworks a better support?

In my head. Hopefully something will be released by the end of this summer.

It'll be too late by then, your flood of traffic only lasts a day, its probably already dropped to 1 new visitor per hour, right?

You should have asked agdg for critique before you pulled the trigger, not after

No progress on web game yet
But chose a physics engine, and made the graphics work with my animations and camera

What happened to her legs
and are you also the dev that posted the loli+bear VR back a few years ago?

That's the main problem with Flex. It's simulating the whole body as a sausage of the same structure.

I joined this place only a year ago so probably no, unless you meant a cake-feeding demo.

that's some horrible pixel art, who's the artist?

im gonna make a game

do it, i dare you, i double dare you motherfucker

>they don't code in cheevos

buncha fuckin nerds i swear

I have a half-baked idea for how to do jiggle physics in vanilla ue4:
Just use vertex displacement and pass in the required information into the material. Either per bone, or write to a texture every frame. I'm not sure where or how to do the actual physics calculations, though. Probably would be based on the velocity of each individual bone or one of its derivatives

My game will have exactly one.