/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn (embed)

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1548272412/radio-the-universe-0/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder CLASSIC GAME exists and it's actually being continued

Checkpointless runs are so boring

> waifu choosing
> haley is the feminine beautiful one,
> leah is ore hands on wild, likes art and farm life
> penny is the ore caring, house woman kind
my virtual pennis is so hard for them,
where is the harem ending?

>Maxwell dies in two hits (basically instantly) to a tentacle

well this is going to make wearing winter gear damn near unviable, at least when I'm harvesting reeds.

I really need to get more fuel to craft some more dark armor

Remember this?

kickstarter.com/projects/1548272412/radio-the-universe-0/

No.

Uncanny Valley is $1 on Steam, how is it for an indie horror game?

I bought Ticket. Pretty good stuff.

I don't know, but it was made by someone from the Veeky Forums gamedev threads.

Looks like walking sim from the screenshots.
>OST costs more than the game
lol

>Dream Machine last chapter
>Card City Nights
>Trails in the Sky 3rd
Wow so many good games coming out next month.

>OST costs more than the game
"I want everyone to enjoy this game at a cheap price, but you can buy the OST if you want to support us further".

Also it's a price anchoring trick. You're more likely to buy the game if there's something more expensive nearby. Not sure it's particularly relevant at this price point but yeah

Scavs are bros.

Do these symbols on the sides do anything? Or they just achievements?

Holy shit!

The creatures dwelling in the dep sea never cease to be horrifiying.

Watch Ross' Game dungeon on it

Achievements plus passages

>bought the game literally one week ago
>average 10h per day
send halp

also, ded general u?h

Haha welcome to the harvestmoon/stardew valley additction.
And yeah slow day today.

>passages
>disposable

Yup, sure hope you didnt waste yours before figuring it out!

Two of them!

Who /hammerfight/ here

Well, it's not like you NEED them to finish the game, but they sure are nice.

>iji v.1.7
Wait what? Did he fix the vsync issue at least?

>non-lethal nanoweapons
>faster walk speed
>extended crack range
He broke it by making pacifist runs too easy, didn't he?

I'm waiting for it to go on sale

>iji v. 1.7 should work better on modern systems
>uses 100% of my CPU when the old version ran fine
Well, so much for that.

Loving this shit so far

i started a new playthrought of UnderRail
this time i'll make a e-pistol and double dip on though control for that extra CC

>tfw this is exactly why I'm reluctant to start playing Stardew Valley

Especially now that Expeditions: Viking is coming in 4 days.

>tfw wasting half my sunday on twitch game theories videos on fnaf
I hate the gameplay but at least there seems to be some deepth to the story.
I still want something new like Desolate Hope from Scott again.

He'll never make anything like it because 5 nights is where the money's at. He's said "This is the last one" like 3 times now and he's working on another followup.

Is there still a movie coming out too?

Okay Harvest Moon and have hot, kinky sex with Licorice in the forest instead.

Yes.

wait what?

PLAY WUPPO OR ELSE

I said to drop Stardew Valley and play Harvest moon instead because the waifus are better.

Anyone tried this?

I think that was in a humble bundle. Some people posted about it here and enjoyed it fo the exploration.

But I already did and got the world's first all-bosses killed.
Yeah. The game is overall good.
However, it suffers from a similar problem to Yooka Laylee but on a smaller scale.
>200 Gold Tape collectibles in each world
And it's also pretty shoddily taped together, triggers for talking and interaction are finnicky and sometimes glitch out.
Quite fun tho and incorporates some interesting mechanics with the whole "You can jump 7 times" thing.

a lot more square-y

nice

>OFF mentioned in latest episode of Vidjagame Apocalypse

Has there been a Queen Roger version of that?

[DESIRE TO PURIFY INTENSIFIES]

I don't understand OFF.
The Batter is the only one with a true intention. Yet so far, his skills are about observation and healing.

The add-ons, who are the real hitters, have no will on their own.

The batter is a tool too. It's literally his name.
You are the person making decisions.

It's been a while since I actually played off but I remember he had a lot of good attacks.

I'm making any decision, I'm just guiding him. I know the road, but I don't know where it leads to.

This is why I stopped playing that game the first time : no clue what the fuck was going on.
Well, that, and the puzzle with the Megadrive controller.

yea a lot of the puzzles were too tough for me and I had to just look them up

just keep going, you'll get to the end soon enough, partner

But it raises another question : do I really want to? Last time I played, I gave up in the third zone, but I saw what happened to the first two zones (Japhet's theme is ear sex by the way).

When I started playing the game I just sat there for a few minutes because holy shit pepper steak is some good music

Without the music, I probably wouldn't be replaying it.
I mostly just want to ear Japhet's theme again and the Race Of A Thousand Pounds in context.

I always liked race of a thousand ants better, but yea that's good too.

I find the ant one a bit too chill. Pounds goes better with Pepper Steak, it's a silly, upbeat song.

>I find the ant one a bit too chill
Yea, uh, "chill".
That sure is one way to describe it.

From your tone, I take it that's the song that plays while you fight the human kid.

You'd be correct, sir.

On a somewhat related note, a few years ago I was listening to it on loop while doing some stuff for my grandpa and he wanted to know what I was listening to because "it sounds like what the commies would use to brainwash someone".

He's not really political or even that paranoid, so it was pretty weird.

A simple leitmotiv that repeats and get stuck in your head?

Possibly, a lot of music I like is like that.

Proper usage of leitmotifs across an OST is the best shit ever, and while it's not used a whole lot in OFF it's still one of the best soundtracks from a small indie game I've ever heard.

Well, are you a commie?

I tend to like music like that too. Especially when the leitmotiv is drowned under another melody. Strangely, that's usually a lot of games OSTs.

No, but under 1950s paranoia I certainly would be.

I also really like Mortis' art style, there's a good amount of it in the game itself but he's also done a whole bunch of extra art before and after the game of the characters.

Name a good transformation that's not Guppy. You can't.

most of them are at least decent, though bob and conjoined don't seem very useful at all

Because music in games is better when simple so it doesnt distract you from actual playing

Drop Leah because she's used goods and Penny for the same reason and because she's trailer trash and will age like milk with her mom's genes. Also she psychologically abuses Vincent.

I like how he draws The Batter.

I don't dig how some fanarts use Google Translate.

That applied to old games, but it getting more and more complex now, to the point that games like Revengeance have tracks with lyrics.
Despite lyrics being famous for being bad for one's focus.

He was probably right, it sounds like something MG did intentionally for the same effect

You mean people just trying to put shit in French? I don't think I've seen a whole lot of that.

I just googled OFF for a bit, one of the first pics i got said "Le main droite de le marionnettiste".
It's obviously an automatic translation.

Probably. A lot of fan artists want to put shit in French since it was originally French and it makes it seem "exotic".

I can understand that, but it really hurts my eyes.

And my national pride too, but that's something else.

How do you feel about toe man?

Who the fuck is that?

orteil, the guy who made cookie clicker

you're used goods,
seriously i don't get why people see this as an issue,
you got to really be massive Virgin autist to think like this

I never played Cookie Clicker.

But I tried Furi and holy shit, the game is poorly named. It should be named Feeling Of Failure, or Can't Live Up To Your Own Expectations, or even Can't Beat That Boss.

well looking at it it's got a nice aesthetic, is it just really hard?

It's hard, yeah, but the kind of frustrating hard where you can't blame the camera.
I couldn't beat the Big Daddy (third or fourth boss) because I kept using the dash move (that makes you invulnerable) only to get into more bullets.

If you want, it's a "die&retry" kind of game, there are no stages, only bosses. You fight them, learn their patterns, learn how to attack, when to defend, and so on. The game is pretty forgiving (you have three lives and you recover one each time you destroy one of the boss' health bar, not to mention you recover life by parrying), but it's designed so that each boss is unique.

For example, my favourite boss, the prisoner. The second one. She has a small flash just before she attacks, so you can block immediately, and there are also baits around the area that you can use to distract her.
The Old Man, the third boss, also has a small flash just before he attacks, but the timing is a bit different, so you have to wait, like, half a second before blocking, or he'll catch you in a recovery state and send you flying.

I'm at slime tech in slime rancher.

To farm more pink plorts, should I just have a corral that's filled with a ton of pink slimes or have one that's got a bunch of pink lardos

Bendy is cute! CUTE! And his game is shit!

Pink slimes I'd say. You can have more of them.

What is his game?

Bendy and the ink machine, I think. It's Generic FPS Jumpscare Simulator #104289: Not-Disney Edition

Yea. I'm probably going to feed them with carrots.

Are there any Indie games where I get to have a significant other?

Asking for a friend.

Stardew Valley
Dating Sims

Pretty much every Japanese visual novel ever.

Why do people say Nuclear Throne was lost potential?

here's the muck you deserve

probably the incompetent dev